For the first time since 2012, I had a problem to activate WhatsApp on my new phone. We all know WhatsApp doesn’t require a particular skill to install the problem, but this time, I was slapped with the “WhatsApp verification code not receive” this problem is a test of time, and it was fixed with simple tweaks.
Even before now, I had fixed unable to add a participant in a group as admin and resolved WhatsApp banned. However, this WhatsApp code not received after a particular time and after a lot of “Resend WhatsApp verification code” brought a lot of confusion, and all guides to fixing this particular WhatsApp code problems caught me unaware.
However, after a lot of attempts on why the WhatsApp verification code not received time error came up, this time around was finally resolved, and I am going to share the steps I took to fix it.
How to Fix WhatsApp Verification Code not Receive
In this article, I will share with you three steps to fix the WhatsApp verification code not received time error.
- Enable and Disable Automatic Time,
- Clear WhatsApp caches and data, and
- Restart your Phone.
These are steps I took to clear the time error with the WhatsApp verification code. For this reason, I will detail the steps to go further to achieve this in the section that follows.
Enable and Disable Automatic Time
Follow the steps below to enable and disable automatic time update on your Android phone.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Scroll down and click on “System.”
- Click on “Date & Time.”
- Disable and enable “Set Automatically.”
The first step is done. Don’t open the WhatsApp yet, carry out the second steps below.
Clear WhatsApp Caches and Data
The next step is to clear the WhatsApp app caches and clear the app data.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Click on “Apps” or “Apps Manager” or “Applications Manager.”
- Scroll down and click “WhatsApp.”
- Click on “Storage.”
- Click on “Clear Caches”
- Click on “Clear Data.
Note: When you clear app data, all app information will be removed.
Restart your Phone
Restarting your phone isn’t part of the solution to fix “WhatsApp code verification not received.” However, it’s just necessary to make sure that the problem does not repeat itself.
Install WhatsApp with Verification Code
Now, you are ready to install WhatsApp on your phone with the 6 digit verification code.
- Download the WhatsApp app from your phone app store (Android/Windows/iOS).
- Click on “Accept and Continue” from the pop-up.
- Select your “Country.”
- Enter your phone number.
- Click on the “Next” for WhatsApp to send the 6 digit verification code to the phone number.
- Once the code is received, WhatsApp will pick the code automatically and fix the not received time error message.
These are the steps that I took to fix the “WhatsApp verification code not receive,” and it worked perfectly.
Note: The procedures above will delete all your WhatsApp messages [IF] they are not backed up.