In 2020, above 1.5 billion active users Windows OS globally. So, if you are using Windows you will likely encounter has exited 0X0 0X0 Windows error code.
0x0 0x0 error code occurs mostly if there is a problem with your Windows Operating System registry, when app is not properly installed/uninstalled and when your Window computer is forced to shut down.
Some people also experience the 0x0 0x0 error code when a program or app is removed from their computer and the PC or system is not restarted before reinstalling the app.
It’s recommended that when an app or a program is uninstalled or updated to the latest version, the system should be restarted before opening the app or program. Although, most of us don’t see this as a precautionary measure to protect our series of error such as the 0x0 0x0 error code.
The Windows error code 0x0 0x0 can stop your Windows computer from working well. Although, the error code is not related to a virus but it can slow down the performance of the computer.
Error 0X0 0x0: Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Now, you need to click OK to close the 0X0 Windows error code and find a solution to it. Otherwise, the 0X0 error code will appear again with the same error message.
Therefore, here in this article, we will share with you all you need to do know about 0X0 0X0 Windows error code and how to fix your Windows 0x0 0x0 error code affect the system registry without reinstalling the Windows OS on your PC.
What is 0X0 0X0?
0x0 0x0 is an error code from Microsoft that tells users that there is something wrong with their Windows computer. And you need to fix it before you can start using the operating system again.
The Windows error code 0x0 is not particular about a problem. It could mean that your Windows registry is damaged if the Windows installation is not done properly.
Also, we notice that when a new OS is installed on your Windows computer without the internet to search for all the relevant drivers, 0X0 0X0X has exited code might appear on the screen and force you to think that your Windows registry is damaged or the installation was not done perfectly.
Meanwhile, to simplify the Windows 0X0 0X0 code, the Windows OS displays more detailed information about the error code.
Although, the information from Microsoft on 0X0 code or 0X1 is not enough to fix the problem. As such we strive to provide the necessary measure to take to stop the Windows 0x0 0x0 has exited.
What Causes 0x0 0x0 Error Code?
Why the 0X0 0X0 or 0X1 have exited code on your Windows operating system? There are two reasons why Windows 1ill display has exited error code 0x0 or 0x1. These are:
- Software Glitches
- Hardware misconfiguration.
Either of the above reasons could be why your Windows OS display error 0x0 0x0 on the PC screen.
When a Windows computer is wrongly configured, the user can get an error code 0x0 OR 0X0 code or 0X1 error code. Also, if you are using an external device whose driver is not installed on Windows 10, you can face the Windows has exited error code 0x0 0x0 and forced to shut down the computer with the hope that the code will be resolved.
When your Windows computer is not properly shut down you can force the error code 0x0 0x0 to occur.
However, resolving the Windows error code 0x0 0x0 depends on the source of the error code on your Windows. Therefore, in this article, we will take a closer look at the possible solutions to the has exited error code 0x0 on your Windows.
How to Fix Error Code 0X0 0X0 on Windows
The approach to fix has exited error code 0x0 on Windows depending on the root of the problem. If the problem is caused by the system hardware, then, you may need to change the hardware.
But, if the 0x0 0x0x has exited on the Windows is caused by driver [outdated] or software that is not compatible with the PC operating system or version, say Window 8 instead of Windows 10, then it’s either you upgrade your system to meet the minimum requirement for the software or remove the software completely from your system to fix the error code 0x0 0x1.
If the 0x1 0x0 code occurred because a driver is missing on your device, then you need to either download and install the driver or use a service to scan the device or PC driver and download the missing driver from the internet.
Update Windows OS Missing Driver
When you are facing 0x0 0x0 Windows error code it could be because of a missing driver. So, the first thing to do is to search for the missing driver and update it on your PC. However, there are two ways to update Windows 10 or 8 drivers. These are:
- Update Windows OS drivers manually.
- Update drivers on your Windows automatically.
We will consider both methods here and see which works better for you. However, we recommend the automatic method to download and install the missing driver on your Windows as this will ensure that the exact driver is downloaded and installed.
How to Update Windows OS Missing Driver Automatically
The following steps are an ideal method to search and update missing drivers on your Windows 10.
- Ensure that the Windows computer is connected to the internet.
- Select the Windows button to the bottom left and select Settings.
- Click on “Update & Security.”
- Select the option to check for Windows updates.
- If the Check for Update button is clickable, just click on it.
- Click on the option to check for Drivers updates.
- Update “Drivers Update” you should see all missing drivers on your PC.
- Select the driver that is causing the 0x0 0x0 error code on the Windows computer.
- Click the option to “download and install” to download and install the driver automatically.
Once the driver is downloaded from the internet and installed, the error code 0x0 0x0 on Windows OS will be cleared.
How to Update Window Driver Manually to Fix Windows Error Code 0X0 0X0
Here is another method to fix the outdated Windows driver that is causing the 0X0 0X0 error code on your device. Although, this method is similar to the method above. But, we will download the driver to a USB driver and update it without the internet.
This method works perfectly for Windows 10.
- Download the Windows OS outdated driver from the official website.
- Extract the zipped files using a WinRar.
- Copy the file folder into a USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive into the computer with the outdated driver.
- Open your Windows computer device manager by searching for it in the search box.
- Double-click on the software whose driver is outdated.
- select “Update Driver” from the pop-up and select browser my computer for driver software.”
- Navigate to “My Computer” and open the “USB drive” and select the folder that contains the driver.
Wait for a couple of seconds for the driver to be installed and fix the error code 0X1 on the Windows.
However, if the Windows error code 0x0 0x0 is caused by a damaged registry, then, the above recommendation will not work. Therefore, you need to repair your Windows registry.
How to Repair Windows Registry to Fix 0X0 0X0
We have about 6 different ways to repair and fix corrupted or damaged registry on Windows 10. And here, we will discuss all the methods to put an end to the has exited error code 0x0 on the Windows OS if it’s caused by the damaged or corrupted registry.
- Perform SFC scan
- Perform DISM scan
- Perform System Restore
- Refresh your Windows 10
- Perform Automatic Startup Repair
- Perform Windows 10 In-place Upgrade Repair
How to Perform SFC Scan
Most times, when your Windows system files are corrupted it can affect the Windows registry entries. So, it’s recommended to do an SFC scan first to fix the corrupt Windows system files and fix the registries entries.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and 11.
- Press Windows + X on your Windows computer keyboard.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) >> (Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- A pop-up will appear with “User Account Control,” select Yes.
- Wait for the blinking cursor to appear.
- Type: SFC /scannow
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- SFC will check the integrity of the Windows.
This only works on Windows 8, 8,1, 10, and 11.
If you are still running Windows 7 and encounter a 0x0 0x0 error code, you can perform the SFC scan on your Win7 following the process below.
- Click on the Start button on your keyboard and type “CMD” without the quotes.
- Run CMD.exe as administrator by right-clicking on it.
- Select “yes” on the “User Account Control (UAC)”
- Wait for the cursor to start blinking and enter SFC /scannow
- Select the Enter button to check the integrity of the Windows OS.
- The scanning process may last for hours. However, you need to hang for the scanning to complete and fix unforeseen errors such as the Windows error code 0x0 0x0.
With the steps above, all corrupted or damaged Windows system files that corrupt the registry entries will be fixed.
Don’t Miss: How to Configure Windows Defender
Run DISM Scan
These are another few command lines to help you fix your Windows registry error code causing 0x0 0x0 if the SFC scan failed. to fix and repair it. The DISM stands for “Deployment Image Servicing and Management.”
- Open the Windows Start
- Search for “Command Prompt”.
- Right-click on it, and select “Run as administrator.”
- To scan the DISM type the following command line and hit the Enter button.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth.
- If the DISM file is missing on your Windows computer you will likely encounter the error code 0x0 0x0.
- Wait for the command to run successfully.
The DISM command line will scan the PC, find and repair all corrupted and damaged files that affect the computer registry that resulted in the Windows error code 0x0 0x0.
Perform System Restore
At a point, you might need to perform a system restore on your Windows computer to fix 0x0 0x0 that has exited on your Windows OS. This process won’t affect personal files. But, it will affect the apps that are installed, of course, it will remove them, remove drivers, and updates installed after the restore point has been completed.
- Click on the Start button and navigate to the Windows Control Panel.
- Go to Recovery
- Select Open System Restore
- Choose “Recommended Restore” and click on the “Next” button.
- Click on “Finish.” The computer will be restored to the state it was why it’s working perfectly and “OK.”
- Find and choose the restore point related to the apps or driver or update before the Windows error code 0x0 0x0.
However, if you don’t have a restore point this might not work perfectly for you.
Refresh your Windows 10 PC
When you choose to reset your Windows 10 PC, all files (personal), apps, and other settings will be removed and left with preinstalled apps on the PC. Learn how to remove preinstalled apps on Android phones.
But, Windows refresh on the other hand will reinstall the Windows OS on your PC and still keep all personal and preinstalled apps and files on the PC. So, doing a refresh on your Windows won’t delete personal files or apps. It will only reinstall the app on the PC.
- Move your mouse to the bottom edge of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the pop-out interface.
- Select “Update & security”
- Under “Update & Recovery” and click on “Recovery.”
- Click on “Ge Started” under “Recovery.”
- Choose “Keep my files” and follow the instruction on the screen.
This process will not affect you personal files and documents. However, all apps will be removed and restarted once the installation or the Windows PC refreshing has been completed.
Ensure that the PC is not turned off. The Windows will be reinstalled newly without affecting your files and fix the Windows error code 0x0 0x0.
Windows Automatic Startup Repair
To repair has exited 0x0 0x0 on your Windows during the Windows Startup you can use Windows automatic startup repair to fix all problems contributing to the 0x0 0x1 error code on Startup.
- Turn on your Windows PC.
- Wait for the Windows logo to appear and press the “Power” button to interrupt the booting.
- Repeat the process above like 2 to 5 times.
- During the boot sequence interruption, the Windows will open the Windows Advanced Startup environment.
- Select “Repair your Computer.”
The process above will begin to repair your computer startup. And if that is too complicated, follow the steps below to repair 0x0 0x0 on Windows OS.
- Go to your PC settings.
- Select “Update & Security.”
- Choose “Recovery.”
- Scroll down to Advanced Startup and select Restart Now.
- While in the Advanced environment select “Troubleshooting.”
- Select Advanced Option.”
- Click on the “Startup Repair” button.
- Select your Windows account and sign in with your password.
- Select the Continue button.
If all things are equal, the Startup repair tool will help to fix all startup errors include the Windows error code 0x0 0x0.
Closing the Software Causing 0x0 0x0 Error Code
When you can identify the application or software causing the conflict error code 0x0 0x0 you should close it. It can be a runtime error code that occurs when two or more apps are interfering with one another.
To fix this, it’s either you close both software or app or close one of the two apps and use the other one later. So, with this, you can be able to monitor which of the apps is causing the runtime 0x0 0x0 error code.
- To open Task Manager, right-click the Start button on the taskbar.
- Select “Task Manager” from the menu that appears, and Task Manager will be launched.
- Open the Command Prompt, type “taskmgr,” and press Enter.
- Task Manager will launch immediately.
- Find and click on the program that is causing the error code 0x0 0x0.
- Click on “More Details” to expand the task manager information. Here you will see which of the programs is causing the problem and others that are not responding.
- Click on “End Task” to the bottom right.
Once the program task is ended. The program will close and the code will be removed from the device.
Disable Error Code 0x0 0x0 Program from Startup
If the program causing the error code is added to your Windows Startup program you should disable it. To remove any program from starting automatically whenever you turn on your Windows PC, kindly follow the steps below.
- Launch your Windows Task Manager.
- Click on “Startup” on the taskbar.
- Find the program causing the conflict with your Windows.
- Click on it and select the “Disable” option to the bottom right.
The enabled option will switch to Disable and the program will seize from starting in the background section of your Windows whenever the device is restarted.
Update Windows OS
If your PC is due for updates and you pay deaf here into it it could cause the programs on the device to malfunction. So, to fix the Windows error code 0x0 0x0 by updating your Windows operating system, follow the steps below.
- Start button
- Go to Settings
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update.
- Update and Restart the device.
If the error code 0x0 or other Windows error codes are associated with the Windows update, the update will fix it and restore the PC to normal.
Update your Computer Antivirus
If your computer antivirus is outdated it can cause a runtime error code leading to 0x1 or 0x0 error code. So, it’s either your update your antivirus or removes it and turn on Windows Defender.
To enable Windows Defender on your Windows OS follow the procedures below.
- Click on the Start menu on your Windows.
- Search for group policy and select “Edit Policy Group.“
- Once the local group editor on your computer opens up select “Computer Configuration.”
- Select your PC “Administrative Templates.”
- Choose “Windows Component.”
- Select “Microsoft Defender Antivirus.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Turn of Microsoft Windows Defender antivirus.”
- Select “Disabled or Not Configured.”
- Select “Apply >>OK.”
The step before the last step may look confusing. But, in the real sense, that is how to turn on Windows Defender antivirus on your Windows computer.
Note: The process above is only available for Windows professional and enterprise editors.
Reinstall your Windows Graphics Driver
If your computer or Windows 10 graphics driver is damaged or corrupted it can lead to a 0x0 0x0 runtime error code. To fix this, you need to reinstall the graphics driver on your PC.
So, since it’s advisable to remove the video graphics completely from your computer if it’s giving your problems.
- Launch your Windows Start Menu.
- Search for “Device Manager” and select the “Enter” button.
- Find and click on “Display Adapters” arrow.
- Right-click on “Intel(R) HD Graphics“
- Select “Uninstall Driver” to uninstall the video graphics driver.
- Check delete the driver software for this device and click on “Uninstall.”
- Restart your computer.
After the process above, folloe the steps again to download a new Graphics driver for your PC.
Now, open the app causing the error code 0x0 0x0 runtime on the PC and see whether the error message has been cleared.
Update Windows Universal C Runtime
If your Windows 10 or 8 Universal C runtime file is missing, then you need to update it to download and replace the missing files.
In particular, Windows Universal C runtime causes api-ms-win-crt-runtime-11-1-0.dll file error code.
Therefore, we recommend that the Windows runtime file should be updated to fix the error code 0x0 0x0x runtime on your Windows.
- Close all opened programs on your Windows computer including the program with runtime error code 0x0.
- Choose the “Start Menu” >> System and Security.“
- Select “Check for Update Menu.
- Wait for your computer to check for the available update for your Windows.
- If there are updates available the computer will display a list of them.
- Find the “Universal C Runtime” update from the updates list and select update.
These steps will download the Universal C runtime update, install the update, and fix all missing files causing problems on the device.
In conclusion, the Windows error code 0x0 0x0 could be a hardware problem or software glitch. Follow the steps we suggested in this article to repair and fix the Windows device with 0x0 0x0 once and for all.
0x0 0x0 Error Code FAQ
Below are some of the frequently asked questions on 0x0 0x0 error codes on Windows 10, 8, and Windows 11.
What is 0x0 0x0?
0x0 0x0: It’s a hexadecimal expression which is 0x0 0x0. The 0 and 1 expression is used in a computer programming language to operate the working and processing. The 0x0 is an error that occurs when an inappropriate work or irrelevant program is done by accident or even cause of the virus.
How do I fix error 0x0?
File corruption, missing, or deleted Windows Installation Error Code 0X0 files can result in Windows Installer errors. Ordinarily, installing a new version of the Microsoft Corporation file will repair the problem creating the error
What is the purpose of error codes?
Error codes can also be used to specify an error, and simplify research into the cause and how to fix it. This is commonly used by consumer products when something goes wrong, such as the cause of a Blue Screen of Death, to make it easier to pinpoint the exact problem the product is having.
Microsoft Word Error Code 0X0 – Error 0x0 Causes
Incompatible programs running at the same time are the most common source of runtime problems. It might also be due to a memory issue, a poor graphics driver, or a malware infection.
How do I fix error code 0x0?
The following steps should fix the error code 0x0 issue:
Install and launch the application.
Click the Scan Now button to detect issues and abnormalities.
Click the Repair All button to fix the issues.