Funimation is a well-known anime shows-based channel. Anime lovers can access the Funimation channel to enjoy its anime shows and unlimited content. Looking for a one-stop channel where you can stream all your favorite and amazing anime shows. Then look no further because Funimation is just the channel for you! In this article, you will learn how to activate Funimation Channel on Roku, Apple, Fire TV, PS4, and Xbox.
Funimation is known to be the fourth-best streaming service. Funimation channel opens the opportunity for removal of adverts and also have access to a vast collection of content by improving to their Premium versions, you can’t go wrong with this app if you’re a legit fan of Anime.
The Funimation Channel is a total anime shows channel. It is available in the United States and can be streamed on many streaming services. It is essential to know the benefits and features of the Funimation channel before you can activate Funimation Channel on any of your streaming devices.
To stream quality anime on your TV anytime and on-demand, you need to download the different episodes from the internet. On your TV, watch ad-free anime on the Funimation channel. You will also enjoy a vibrant and amazing collection of quality anime and Japanese shows unlimited. Follow through this post as I take you through how to activate Funimation Channel without any hassle and the troubleshooting tips to apply in case the activation process won’t work.
Shows you can stream on the Funimation Channel
A vast variety of anime shows to watch on the Funimation Channel include:
- Attack on Titan
- Violet Evergarden
- Samurai Champloo
- JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure
- Steins: Gate
- Dragon Ball Super
- CODE GEASS
- One Piece
- Tokyo Ghoul
Supported Streaming Devices on Funimation Channel
Here are a few of the streaming devices supported by the Funimation channel:
Activate Funimation Channel on Roku
To stream and activate Funimation Channel on Roku is quite straightforward. All you need is a Roku device or Roku TV and an active subscription to Funimation Channel. Follow the steps below:
- Connect all the devices to use and switch on the main power supply to the TV (A stable and reliable internet connection is needed to use the Roku device).
- Tab the HOME button on the remote of the Roku device. This button will open the Home Screen on the TV screen. Here you will discover multiple options to continue the process.
- From the Home Screen, search for the Streaming Channels menu. You will find the Channel Store.
- From the channel store, download the Funimation Channel app of any channel.
- Download the Funimation Channel from the right category available on the channel store. Or just use the search option present.
- For using the search option, simply locate the search channels option on the streaming channels screen.
- Tap on the search box using the on-screen keyboard to type the channel name.
- After locating the channel, click on it to open the channel preview page.
- You will find an ADD CHANNEL option. Click on this option to get the Funimation Channel. The channel will download and be installed.
- Now, the channel is saved on your TV.
- After the channel installation, click on it to open/ set up the channel on your TV.
- If prompted, you have to sign in.
- Go to the Funimation channel and log in to the website (https://www.funimation.com/). Remember to pay for the subscription to enjoy ad-free content on-demand seamlessly.
Activate Funimation Channel on Apple TV
To stream and activate Funimation Channel on Apple TV is quite straightforward. All you need is an Apple TV and an active subscription to Funimation Channel. Follow the steps below:
- Connect all the devices to use by switching on the main power supply to the TV. You also need a stable and reliable internet connection to use the Apple TV.
- Tap the HOME button on the Apple TV remote. This button will open the Home Screen on the TV screen to discover many options to continue with the activation process.
- On the Home Screen, search for the App Store menu.
- From the App Store, download the Funimation channel app.
- After downloading the Funimation Channel from the appropriate category available on the App Store.
- Tap on the search box and use the on-screen keyboard to type the channel’s name.
- Once you’ve located the channel, choose the app to open the channel preview page. Locate the install option close by. Click on the install option to get the Funimation Channel. The channel will download and then get installed.
- The channel will be saved on your TV.
- After the channel is installed, click on it to open/ set up the channel on your TV.
- You can sign in if prompted.
- Visit the Funimation channel and log in to the website (https://www.funimation.com/). Ensure to pay for the subscription to enjoy unlimited ad-free content on-demand seamlessly.
Activate Funimation on Fire TV
To stream and activate Funimation Channel on Fire TV is quite straightforward. All you need is an Amazon Fire TV and an active subscription to Funimation Channel. Follow the steps below:
- Connect all the devices by switching on the main power supply to the TV. A stable and reliable internet connection is also needed to use on the Fire TV.
- Tap the HOME button on the Fire TV remote control, this button will open the Home Screen on the TV screen. Find multiple options to continue the activation process here.
- On the Home Screen, search for the Play Store menu. From the App Store download Funimation Channel app from the correct category available on the Play Store.
- Click on the search box with the aid of the virtual keyboard and type in the name of the channel.
- After you have located the channel, select it to open the channel preview page. You will find a GET option close by. Click on this option to get the Funimation Channel.
- After the channel has been downloaded and installed, the channel will be saved on your TV.
- Once the channel is installed. Tap on it to open and set up the channel on your TV.
- You may have to sign in if prompted.
- Go to the Funimation channel website (https://www.funimation.com/) and log in there. Ensure you pay for the subscription to enjoy ad-free content on-demand without hassle.
Activate Funimation Channel on PS4
To activate Funimation Channel app on your PS4, follow the activation process below:
- Go to your PS4 home screen >> TV >> video option.
- If you don’t have Funimation Channel on your device yet, navigate to the PlayStation store to download the Funimation Channel App.
- Choose your TV provider from the drop-down menu, an activation code will be displayed on your screen.
- Go to funimation.com/activate from your mobile, and submit the activation code in the provided fields.
- Now you are free to enjoy streaming unlimited Funimation content seamlessly!
Activate Funimation Channel on Xbox
Here are the steps to activate Funimation Channel on your Xbox without any hassle, follow the steps below:
- Open your Xbox, and search for Funimation Channel to download the App on your device.
- Navigate to the Xbox menu and tap on the “Activate Channel”.
- Choose your TV provider now from the drop-down menu, and an activation code will be displayed on your screen.
- Now go to funimation.com/activate using your mobile or PC, and enter the activation code in the provided fields.
- Now you can enjoy streaming different Funimation contents seamlessly!
Can’t Activate Funimation Channel? Try these Fixes!
Have you experienced an error loading a Video or logging into your Funimation account to stream your favorite anime shows? I understand it could be very frustrating, to say the least when you have an active subscription but you just can’t access the streaming service, and the videos won’t load when you are trying to watch them. Just try the fixes below to solve your issue:
Video barred by your browser
The selected video you are trying to stream on Funimation may not be working due to the video barred by your browser because of the settings you have made.
It could be that you are accessing your Funimation account via private browsing, eg; Incognito.
Disable ‘Ad Blocker’ if enabled
Another very possible reason why your videos are not loading could be due to an ‘Ad Blocker’ if it’s enabled, it could be interfering with the processing of your streaming on the app.
Check if Funimation Server is Down
In case the Fumigation’s server is down, this may interfere with the successful loading of your videos as this would prevent you from accessing the server. If the server is down, you need to be calm and wait for them to fix the issue from their side.
Inadequate Internet Connection
Another possible reason why can’t stream Funimation content is an inadequate internet connection interfering with the successful streaming of the content.
Ensure you have at least 2Mbps to be able to stream videos at a standard quality level, and 5Mbps for a higher definition. This will also aid in your content to avoid interruptions when having to buffer.
Check your network connection
In case your internet connection is not giving you an adequate amount of bandwidth, Funimation channel app will not be able to stream smoothly, resulting in your videos not being able to load effectively.
Make sure your internet speed is fast
You can power reset your Wi-Fi router to assist your device to gain a better connection to the internet. You can achieve this by switching off your router and removing it from its plug point. Wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in and switching the router back on.
Be very sure your Funimation is the latest version. This is very essential in the functioning of the Funimation channel app as an upgrade gets rid of possible bugs or corrupted software that may have occurred during the use of its present version.
However, ensure the device you are using to watch on Funimation should also be on its latest version as if the software is too may be different, it may cause an incompatibility issue.
Or you could check for the app update on your App store. In case, there is an option to click ‘Update’, select this.
For the software update on your device, go to the ‘General Settings’ section, this will state if a software update is available to run.
Uninstall and reinstall the Funimation Channel app
Deleting the Funimation Channel app and installing it again can boost the performance of the app as it will get rid of any faulty software that has been installed.
Depending on the streaming device you are using, you can ‘delete’ the app or ‘uninstall’ it.
Then, go back to your app store to re-download the Funimation channel app.
Try to go back to your account and stream a show without it giving you a loading error.
Force stop the Funimation channel app
In some cases, Funimation channel app will receive a loading error when trying to stream content because they are encountering too much traffic on their servers.
Too much traffic on the Funimation channel app can cause the app to bug if the servers are not familiar with the high volume of requests to access their data. Follow the steps below to force stop the Funimation app on several devices below:
- Go to your ‘Settings’
- Click on apps
- Select ‘Application Manager’ (if it brings out this option)
- Locate the Funimation app
- Tap on ‘Force Stop’
- That’s it!
- Swipe the screen upwards on your home screen page.
- Locate the Funimation app from the previews.
- Once you have located the app, swipe it upwards to force stop it.
- That’s it!
- Long press all at once, click on ‘CTRL’, ‘ALT’ and ‘DEL’
- Select ‘Task Manager’
- Locate Funimation and click on it.
- Tap ‘End Task’.
- That’s it!
Funimation Channel app will no longer be running in the background after the force stop process.
In case you subscribed to the standard version of Funimation, there will be a restriction for you that might hinder you from watching some particular shows and movies on the app because they are only included in Funimation Premium Plus or Premium Plus Ultra subscription.
However, with the Plus versions, you will be able to download content to enable you to watch offline, as well as be able to stream on up to 5 various devices.
I hope this article has opened your eyes to the rudiment on how to activate Funimation channel on different streaming devices. Enjoy different anime videos seamlessly after following the activation steps for each device carefully.