Here in this article, we will quickly walk you through how to activate History channel on Apple TV using your History app activation code on history.com/activate.
Whether you are using the History Channel free trial or you have upgraded your plan, this article will guide you to download, install, and activate the history app on your Apple TV.
History Channel is a pay-to-use television network and flagship channel located in the United State of America. The channel’s main goal is to air documentaries that are based on history. Legitimately, you can activate the History channel on your Apple TV using the History channel activation code for your Apple TV and History.com/activate.
Therefore, in this article, we will consider the procedures to take to activate History Channel on Apple TV.
There is no difference between using the History channel app on your Apple TV and using the History channel official website to follow your favorite TV shows, episodes and series, live events, and documentaries.
However, when you choose to activate the History app on your Apple TV it brings convenience and enhances watching your favorite documentaries with your family during the weekdays and weekends.
The A&E network company allows users to find and watch their favorite episodes in full online and on streaming devices. Therefore, if you have a passion for documentaries and TV shows, episodes, and TV series, the History channel will serve the purpose.
Connect your Apple TV to the Internet
The process to connect an Apple TV to the internet depends on the TV generation. Therefore, we will consider how to connect all Apple TV generation to the internet following the steps we have here.
- Go to your Apple TV “Settings.”
- Navigate and select “Network.”
- Select the “box” under “Network Connection.”
- Wait a couple of minutes for your Apple TV to search for all available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the Wi-Fi network to connect to and enter your network password.
When the Apple TV has connected to the WiFi successfully, it will show the network at the top of all other available wireless networks.
Meanwhile, the above steps only work with Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K. So, if you are using either the 2nd or 3rd Apple TV generation, follow the steps below to connect the TV to the internet.
- Go to your 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV Settings.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Scroll down, find and select “Network.”
- Wait and let the TV start scanning for all nearby WiFi.
- Select the name of the wireless network, enter the required password and click on the connection button to connect to the selected WiFi.
Once the Apple TV has been connected to the internet the name of the network that you are connected to will appear at the top of the device’s internet connections.
Install History Channel App on Apple TV
This history channel app isn’t a preinstalled app on Apple TV. So, the documentaries app won’t be available automatically. This means that you would have to download and install the History channel app on your Apple TV before knowing what to do with the app.
Therefore, if you are a newbie or a novice, and you cannot find your way around the Apple store to download and install the History channel app, just follow the steps here.
- Go to your Apple TV Apps store.
- Navigate to “Search” and search for “History Channel.”
- Select the History Channel app from the search results or suggestions.
- Click on “Get” to download and install the History channel app on your Apple TV.
Once the app has been added to your Apple TV apps you can access it or add it to your Apple TV home. But in this case, we will consider how to activate the History channel app on Apple TV to start streaming your favorite programs and TV shows.
How to Activate History Channel on Apple TV
Here are the steps to take to activate the History channel app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the History channel app on your Apple TV.
- Select “TV Provider Sign in.”
- Take note of the activation code and history.com/activate on the screen.
- Visit history.com/activate on a web browser on a device with an internet connection.
- Click on “Apple TV”
- Select the name of your TV provider.
- Input the History app activation code on your Apple TV.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
At this point, you will be taken away from history.com/activate to your TV provider’s login page. Sign in to your TV provider’s account to confirm and validate the History channel activation code for your Apple TV.