FireStick has become a popular device for users of Kodi. They are powerful to an extent, cheap, and easy to install. It is unlikely to get support from Amazon if your Kodi encounters issues, and the software does not have the resources for consistent customer service. How then do you fix your Kodi if it is not working? Here is a guide for you to fix Firestick Kodi not working error.
How to Fix Kodi Firestick not Working
Here are the following was to fix Kodi Firestick, not working error message.
1. Use VPN every time you use Kodi
If your Kodi firestick is not working, it is possible your streaming requests are being blocked by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and this can only be stopped with the use of VPNs.
2. Kodi may be Out-dated, Get the latest version
If Kodi firestick is still not working, you need to update your Kodi, especially if it keeps crashing frequently. You can follow the steps below to check your Kodi version to be sure you are running on the latest software.
- Navigate to your home screen, and click the Settings icon under the Kodi logo
- Click System Information
- The Kodi version will appear on the bottom right corner. If it is not the latest version, you need to update it. It is impossible to update from the application, so you will need to uninstall the app and install the latest.
Do note that all add-ons will be lost during uninstallation.
3. Update Repositories and Add-ons
If firestick on Kodi is not working, always remember to update your device repositories and add-ons. This is if you do not want to uninstall just yet. An add-on or repository that is out-of-date will cause dependency errors, amongst other issues. For those who do not know how to do this, follow the simple steps below:
- Navigate to Add-ons. It is in the left sidebar, do not click it.
- Choose Install from repository
- Click and hold the repository you wish to either update or remove\
- If Kodi Stops Working abruptly, Reinstall
This problem is rare, but it does occur. Your Kodi app may just stop working suddenly.
Therefore, if you encounter such a problem, there is not a lot you can do than to reinstall the app as there is a problem with it. As stated earlier, all your previously installed add-ons will be lost, so you may need to get those again.
4. Kodi Buffering Issues
Whenever Kodi Firestick not working, it will have buffering issues. Here are some ways in which you can fix Kodi firestick whenever it is having buffering issues:
- Clear the Kodi app Cache
- Try to increase the size of the Kodi Video cache
- As stated above, use a VPN
- Using a Code
5. Restore Kodi to Default Settings
Your Kodi Firestick’s still not working? Then you need to restore the app to default settings. It is true that uninstalling and reinstalling the app solves most problems regarding Kodi firestick not working because if there are any missing files during the previous installation, reinstalling will get rid of such issues.
However, not all issues on Kodi require you to uninstall the application, and should in case your Kodi is not working, you can try to restore the app to its default settings instead of going through the long process of uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again. You can clear the Kodi application data and cache then reset to its factory or default setting. By doing this, some effort and time are saved.
To restore Kodi to its factory or default settings, you will need to make use of the Ares Wizard. To perform this task, you will need to follow the tasks that follow below:
- Install the Ares Wizard on your Kodi Application
- Navigate to your Kodi home-screen where you will select Add-ons.
- Next, click on Program add-ons
- Run Ares Wizard
- Select the ‘More’ tab that is at the top right corner of the Ares Wizard interface
- Tap the ‘Erase all data’ button. It could also appear as ‘Fresh Start’ or both (Erase all data/Fresh Start).
- A prompt will subsequently appear, select ‘Yes’
- Afterward, you will see the window that follows, which would give you the opportunity to retain your sources, add-on settings, favorites, etc. Select and choose accordingly based on your preferences. Do keep in mind that there is a tiny dot colored grey, which will become green whenever you make your preferences.
- After making your choices and preferences, tap on the ‘Proceed’ button at the bottom of your screen to continue.
6. Troubleshoot your Firestick
The first step to fixing any problem, including a Kodi Firestick not working is to troubleshoot it so as to find out where the problem is coming from. Troubleshoot by doing the following
- Check your internet connectivity. To be sure you are properly connected to the network, open the Firestick WiFi menu.
- Also, open another streaming app that is different from Kodi, e.g., Youtube, to find out if the problem is only on Kodi.
- Use a different add on to the stream.