Roku Error Code 005 appears when there are problems with your network connectivity. It is also possible it displays on your screen while you are trying to download or update to the latest Roku software.
Users encounter diverse and multiple errors when using their Roku devices. These error codes range from error code 018, 003, 014 (.20, .40, .50) as well as the error in which you are here for, the Roku error code 005. The Roku error code 005 is one of the error codes that occur precisely when a user attempts to download updates from Roku servers.
There are several reasons why your Roku device is displaying this error code nut. It is primarily due to an improper network connection or issues relating to network connectivity. The Roku Error Code 005 can be cleared quickly by following some easy and straightforward steps. However, do ensure that the network you are making use of is in a channel that is usually not being used by other systems.
How to Fix Roku Error Code 005
It is quite easy for a user to fix the Roku error code 005 with simple and short troubleshooting. However, that is if they have enough knowledge about that. Nevertheless, should you find yourself here and you are encountering the Roku error code 005 and unable to fix it, no worries, you can fix it by going through the steps that will be explained here.
Troubleshoot to Fix Roku error code 005
Before you even proceed to the other steps in fixing this error code, the first advisable thing to do is to troubleshoot. Troubleshooting is like dialing 911 during an emergency before you do anything. Problems relating to software updates are behind the error code.
This means that asides the issue regarding internet connectivity, there are situations in which you may try to update your software without success because this error appears on your screen. You should as well know that this error code happens a lot to many users of Roku, and you are not alone.
There have been multiple and diverse complaints regarding this error code, which means it happens quite often. Therefore, remove your forehead wrinkles, do not panic, and follow the steps and procedures on how to troubleshoot the error.
Reboot your Roku device
You will find that this is the first step to all procedures in this guide. Whatever you want to do to fix the error code, you need to first restart your Roku device. Rebooting in troubleshooting helps you to see if you need to continue to the steps in clearing the error, or the process of restarting is enough to clear the error.
- The first step to take to reboot your Roku device is to remove all power cables from the power sockets.
- You will also need to switch off your router also and then wait patiently till both the router and your Roku device have fully rebooted.
- Check to see if the Roku error code 005 has been fixed.
Restore to Factory Settings to fix Error Code 005 on Roku
If that does not work, you may have to do the same thing but first restoring your Roku to its default factory settings. To reset your Roku to factory settings, follow the steps below:
- As stated, your Roku needs to return to its default settings to fix the Roku error code 005.
- After this, the next thing you need to do is establishing a connection between your Roku device and the Wi-Fi.
- Next is to run the activation process.
- Wait patiently until the software update process is completed successfully.
- Immediately after the update is complete, unplug the Ethernet cable then associate it with the Wi-Fi.
- Your device will be successfully activated.
- Next is to unplug your Roku device and router from the source of power.
- As stated earlier, wait for a few minutes. It is advisable to wait for 5 minutes.
- Plug your router and Roku device back into the power source again.
- The internet connection should be working properly by now and Roku error code 005 would be cleared.
Reconnect Roku to a Strong Wi-Fi
Should in case it has not been fixed after troubleshooting, no worries, there are other things you can do. Follow the steps below to fix the error code.
- Confirm that your Roku device has a proper network connection.
- Ensure that the password you have inputted in connecting your device is correct.
- Switch off the Roku device.
- Also, remove the Power Cables.
- Switch your router off as well. You should also unplug the power cables from the source of power.
- Before plugging the power cables back into the power source, wait for about 5 minutes.
- Next, switch on your router. The LED lights must blink.
- Turn on your Roku device as well.
- C.onnect your device to the Wi-Fi network.
- If you have followed the steps above, the error will have been fixed.