Hello, today, we will take you on how to pair firestick remote. Why? Because, with Amazon Fire TV Stick remote, you can stream TV shows, you can stream live events. Meanwhile, you need to navigate to achieve some selections on your TV using your device remote control. Yes, you need a remote.
However, this cannot be achieved when your Firestick remote is not paired successfully with your TV to control it from your sitting position. Although, you can use the buttons on your Firestick using remote makes it easier. Therefore, here in this guide, we will walk you through how to pair Firestick remote with your TV.
How Do I Pair My Firestick Remote?
The Firestick is the one tool to access a whirlwind of on-screen entertainment. As long as you are subscribed, you can stream services with your Firestick. You can plug the Firestick into the HDMI port on your TV. The Amazon Firestick gives multiple accesses to your best TV shows, movies, subscription services, music, photos, and games. We recommend easy ways by which you can pair your Amazon Firestick remote.
Note that with your Amazon Firestick, you are paired automatically with your Fire TV. What you will have to do then is to switch on your television, and you can begin streaming. Your remote has to be paired manually, and this is because, sometimes, you can lose connection with streaming on your Fire TV.
- . Make sure you are within ten feet of your TV while holding the remote control.
- Press and hold down the Home button on your remote for a while (about twenty seconds should do). It may not pair on your first few attempts, so keep trying this.
- Inspect the lights on your remote.
- The light which is located at the top of your device is meant to change from a slow to a rapid blink. If you operate a second generation Alexa voice remote, an amber light will appear and blink rapidly as your remote switches to discovery mode.
- Check for the signal that your remote has been paired successfully. If you operate a second generation Alexa voice remote, your remote light is meant to give off three blue flashes to show that it has been paired successfully.
- If your remote is without light, you can search the bottom of your TV screen for an indication (a message) that your remote is connected.
Pair Replacement Remote?
Your original remote could be broken, or it could get lost. However, the alternative way to go is replacing the broken or lost Firestick remote with another and pair it with your TV manually.
- Start by removing your Firestick from the power switch for about ten seconds before you plug it in. You can then proceed to pair firestick remote.
- Long press the Home button for about ten seconds. Your replacement remote will automatically pair with your Amazon Fire TV.
- A message will appear on your screen, telling you that it has successfully paired.
Pair Second Remote
You can pair your Amazon Firestick with a compatible third-party remote. It is possible to add seven remote controls to your Firestick. You will reach a limit, and by the time that happens, you will have to unpair one of the remotes.
- Open Settings at the top of your screen.
- Load Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Load Amazon Fire TV Remotes and add New Remote. A search for discoverable remotes will be displayed on a list.
- Hold down Home on your new remote for about ten seconds. You can now use your existing remote and select your new remote on the TV screen.
- An on-screen message will appear to show that it has been successfully paired.
How to Use Phone as a Firestick Remote
You can use your phone as a Firestick Remote with the Amazon Fire TV application. Try these steps after you have downloaded and installed the Amazon Fire TV app (Download from AMZN Mobile LLC);
- Open the app;
- Proceed to select your Fire TV device. Note that both your smartphone and Amazon Firestick must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- The app will display a list of devices that are located at the bottom of your app screen.
- Sign in with a username and password.
- Then Copy the four-digit PIN which is from your TV to your app.
- When you’re done pairing, you will see your remote buttons on your smartphone screen. Now, you can use your phone to control your screen.
How to Reset Amazon Firestick?
If you don’t want to go through the stress of the previous sections, you can just replace the batteries on your Firestick remote. And if that does not work, the next step could be that you have to update your Amazon Firestick.
Any step you attempt should be a guarantee to connecting you to your favorite programs on the Firestick TV, which we perceive, is of utmost pleasure while less busy and away from work. In case your remote experience dysfunction or isn’t working, we have a guide here on how to fix it.
We hope this review on how to pair firestick remote was helpful, let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.