In this article, we would be giving a comprehensive explanation on how to activate OWN TV on your device using start.watchown.tv/activate
OWN TV is an American-owned network that provides varieties of movies and TV series for viewership. Some of its contents can be accessed for free once you download the app to your device, to however gain access to its full contents, you would need to activate start.watchown.tv on your device.
To prompt this activation, however, you must subscribe to a pay-TV provider that is supported by OWN TV. During the activation process, you would be asked to select your Pay-TV Provider to activate the app on your device. Without this, activation cannot be prompted.
Be also sure you have a high-speed internet connection, a supported streaming device, a cable TV provider. This article would discuss the easiest ways to prompt an OWN TV to activate on all devices.
Devices that supports start.watchown.tv/activate
Here is the list of devices that are supported by OWN at the time of this publication. If your device isn’t found here, it means your device is not supported by OWN. You can however cast OWN using Chrome on your smartphone to stream this service.
Activate OWN TV on Roku
To activate start.watchown.tv on Roku, you would need to install the app on your device. Once installed, you can however continue the activation process by linking your TV Provider Account to your device.
- Go to your Roku device Home screen and scroll down to select Streaming channels.
- Under the streaming channels, go to the “Movies and TV” section or you can alternatively go to the “TV Everywhere” section.
- Search for the OWN TV app by typing the keyword into the search bar.
- Once you’ve found the app, select “+Add channel” and click “confirm”
- The OWN TV would be downloaded in a few moments and would be added to your list of Channels.
- You can now launch OWN TV to access its free content. To have access to its full content, you would need an activation.
Activate start.watchown.tv on Roku
- After the installation and launch of the app, a unique code would appear on your screen. Take note of this code as it is your activation code.
- Using your mobile device, simply visit start.watchown.tv/activate
- On this website, you would be requested to input your activation code. Please do this.
- Once done, you would be asked to select your TV provider and login into your TV provider.
- You would get an activation confirmation once this process is complete.
- You can now have access to the full content of OWN TV on your Roku device.
Activate OWN TV on Fire TV/FireStick
To activate OWN TV on your Fire TV or Firestick using start.watchown.tv/activate, you would have to download the app from your Amazon Apps Store.
- Turn on your Fire TV/Firestick and visit the Amazon Apps Store
- Once found, download the app. It would be installed on your device in a matter of seconds.
- Launch the app on your Fire TV and FireStick to get an activation code. This however doesn’t limit you from enjoying free content from OWN TV on your device.
Activate start.watchown.tv on Fire TV/Fire Stick
- You would get a unique code from your Fire TV upon launching the app.
- Simply visit start.watchown.tv/activate using your mobile device or PC.
- On the website, enter your activation code in the box provided and submit.
- You would be prompted to select your TV Provider or cable.
- You would also be requested to log in to your TV Provider account so your subscription status can be verified.
- Once this process is complete, you would get a confirmation and you can start streaming the full contents of OWN TV.
Activate OWN TV on Apple TV
To activate OWN TV on your Apple device using start.watchown.tv/activate, you would need to download the app from tour Apple TV Apps Store.
- From your Apple TV Home Screen, go to your Apps Store.
- Using the search icon, type in OWN TV.
- From the results, select OWN TV and download it by clicking the “Get” button or the “Cloud” icon next to it.
- Make sure you’ve signed in with your Apple ID in other to download the app from your Apple Store.
- Open the app to gain access to OWN TV free content.
Activate start.watchown.tv on Apple TV
- After launching the app on your Apple TV, follow the instructions to get an activation code. You would normally get an activation code when you log in to the app.
- Once you get your activation code, simply visit start.watchown.tv/activate using your smartphone or desktop.
- On the website, type in your activation code in the box provided.
- Click submit and follow the instructions on the next page.
- You would be asked to select your TV Provider and log in to the account.
- Once the process is complete and your TV Provider Subscription status is verified, you would have instant access to the full content of OWN TV on your device.
Activate OWN TV on Android/iOS smartphone
To activate start.watchown.tv on smartphones is as easy as downloading any normal app to your device and launching the app. You just have to install it on your device from your Apps Store and open it. Activation of OWN TV on smartphones wouldn’t require you to visit start.watchown.tv/activate as all activation process is done in-app.
- Visit your Google Play Store for Android devices and Apps Store for iOS devices.
- In the search icon, search OWN TV.
- Once found, download the app to your device and launch.
- After launch, you may be prompted to sign in to your TV Provider account to activate OWN TV on your mobile device.
- Enter details of your TV Provider and select Activate. You would be granted access to the full contents of OWN TV upon successful activation.
You can watch OWN TV using the following Cable TV Providers.
- AT&T TV Now
- Hulu TV
- YouTube TV
- Dish Network
How do you fix start.watchown.tv/activate not working on my device?
There are several possible reasons OWN TV activation may not work when you try to activate start.watchown.tv on your device. We have however highlighted the most likely reasons and ways to fix them.
- Try reinstalling the app. Files sometimes get corrupted upon download and this could correct the error.
- Be very sure you entered the exact code. A slight mistake in code entry could hinder the activation process.
- Using the activation code after five minutes would hinder the activation process. Make sure you use the code immediately.
- OWN is only available in the US. If you want to stream in any other location, it may not be possible except you use a VPN.
- If you’ve tried all steps and it’s not working, the issue could be from the OWN TV servers. Simply contact their support center to fix this.
OWN TV is home to hundreds of movies and series. It is however not available on Netflix as Netflix is a stand-alone app. There are however some shows from OWN TV that are available on Netflix. To download this app, you don’t have to spend a dime. But keep in mind that you need to connect to a TV Provider to prompt activate start.watchown.tv. If this helped, we would love to hear feedback in the comments.