In this guide, you would learn the easiest steps in prompting a Hulu activate on Apple TV. At the end of this article, you should have no problem activating your Hulu on your Apple TV.
Apple TV is home to various streaming apps of which Hulu is one of them. With Hulu, you can stream the latest content and a wide array of exclusive movies on your Apple TV. Hulu is also supported on devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, PS4, and several other streaming devices.
We would be reviewing three processes in prompting a Hulu activate on Apple TV. The first would be getting the app on your Apple TV. then we would go through how to sign up Hulu on Apple TV and finally, we would explain how to prompt activation of Hulu on Apple TV.
What if you are having issues streaming Hulu on your Apple TV? We would review how to troubleshoot such issues also. Keep up!
Download Hula App on Apple TV [Hulu Activate on Apple TV]
Getting Hulu on your Apple TV is quite simple. It’s just like downloading any normal app on your device. to download the Hulu app, simply follow these steps:
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- On your Apple TV Home Screen, Go to the Apple Store.
- On the Apple Store, search for the term “Hulu.”
- Once searched, you would see the Hulu app among the App list.
- Click on the “Buy” button to add the Hulu app to your App list.
Signing up to the App: Hulu Activate on Apple TV
Before activating Hulu on Apple TV, you would be required to sign up to Hulu and select your subscription plan. If you are an existing user, you would only be required to log in to the app using your login credentials.
You can sign up to Hulu in two ways. You can either use your mobile device or the Hulu app on your Apple TV. simply follow these steps to sign up.
- Go to the Hulu app on your Apple TV list of downloaded channels.
- Launch the app. You would be redirected to a page where you would be asked to “Sign up”
- Click sign up, you would be asked to input some of your personal information such as your e-mail address, password’ and other credentials for signing up.
- If you are asked to log in instead, it simply means you already have an existing account with that email.
- Once you finished the previous step, you would be asked to select a subscription plan. Hulu offers a flexible pricing plan. You can select one of four different plans. Two plans offer a live TV while two don’t.
- After you’ve selected your subscription plan, you can now select how you want to be billed. If you have an iTunes account, you can choose to be billed directly from this account or you can enter a new billing address all the way.
- If you are paying with your iTunes account, you would be asked to sign in to the iTunes store using your Apple ID and password.
- Go through all Apple terms and Accept them.
- Review your subscription plan and click OK.
How to Activate Hulu on Apple TV
After downloading the app and successfully subscribing to Hulu, the next step would be activating your Hulu App on your Apple TV. To do this, you would need to get an activation code and use it on the Hulu website. Follow these steps in activation of Hulu on Apple TV.
Getting the Activation code
- Launch the Hulu App on the list of channels on your Apple TV
- Once launched, log in using your Hulu credentials.
- You would be redirected to a page where an alphanumeric code would appear.
- This code is your activation code, simply take a mental note of this code or write it somewhere.
Using the activation code
- Visit the Hulu activation webpage https://secure.hulu.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code you saw earlier on your Apple TV.
- Once entered, you would receive a confirmation upon activation of Hulu on your Apple TV. this process usually takes less than 30 seconds.
How to Fix Hulu not Working on Apple TV
Hulu not working on Apple TV could be due to tonnes of reasons. It is safer to always know what the issue might be before making attempts to fix this. What are the possible reasons a Hulu activation might not be working on your Apple TV?
Reasons why Hulu may not work on Apple TV
- Poor internet connectivity
- Server down on Hulu
- Operating on an outdated version of Hulu App
- Bug, Glitch or software corruption during installation or update
- Issues with your Apple TV
Fixing Hulu not working on Apple TV
- If you are experiencing buffer issues or slow reloading time, the issue might be from your internet connectivity. Please ensure the router and the modem are properly connected to your device. try testing out another modem to see if this works fine.
- Sometimes, Hulu servers go down. This is a general issue from Hulu itself so you shouldn’t panic. In a few moments, it would be resolved. You should call or chat with Hulu customer support service to confirm if it’s a server with down syndrome.
- Hulu apps may not work if you are operating on an outdated Hulu App. Simply update your Hulu by highlighting the app and selecting the update button.
- Sometimes, there could be a glitch or bug in the App during updates or installation. To solve this, you simply have to uninstall the app and reinstall it.
- The problem could also come from your Apple TV. Smart TVs are known to reject an app launch if data is corrupted or the TV doesn’t recognize the app due to a bug. to solve this, you may need to clear the cache of your Apple TV under settings. In extreme cases, you would need to factory reset your Apple TV.
The above guide would seamlessly help you TO activate Hulu on your Apple TV and also help to troubleshoot issues relating to the activation of Hulu on your Apple TV. Follow the steps accordingly from download to activation to make sure we are on the right track.
If you are still experiencing issues with activation, be sure to let us know in the comments section below. You may also want to check out how to activate Hulu on Roku.