We will discuss how to activate Starz on PS4 in this article and also how to fix the Starz app not working on your PlayStation 4th edition gaming console.
Never have I seen a man that was not excited about the PS4 gaming console, and I would love to guess some women do too. Now, to make it even more exciting, is the fact that you can activate the Starz app on your PS4 for an even more entertaining movie and gaming experience.
We have to mention, that there used to be an app called Starz Play that allowed PlayStation 4 owners to easily stream their favorite Starz shows, but in very recent times, we no longer have a direct way to download and activate the Starz app on PS4 consoles.
However, there are still other ways that you can activate Starz on your PS4. For instance, you can do so by installing Starz through Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, or On-Demand. But, you have to be sure you are buying the subscription from Amazon prime, in order for you to activate and watch Starz on PS4.
So, since it is no longer possible to activate Starz directly on PS4, the job of this article is to take you through the other alternatives available that you can activate Starz on, which will then enable you watch it on your PS4. Cheer up, there’s hope as you can still activate Starz on your PS4 console.
Starz on PS4 through Amazon Prime Video
Activating Starz through Amazon Prime Video works in two ways. First, if you already have an Amazon Prime subscription, then you can get Starz as an add-on and then you can use the Prime Video app on your PS4 to watch Starz.
But if you are a new Amazon Prime member you will have to sign up for a free trial and try Starz for 7-days. This 7-day trial offers you the opportunity to try out two things at once and it’s also a win-win situation as you can decide to end the subscription before the trial period is up and you won’t be charged. The add-on will costs you $8.99 though.
So with that done, you should be able to activate Starz on your PS4. All thanks to Amazon Prime Video.
You don’t want to activate Starz on PS4 only? Learn how to activate Starz on all smart TVs and streaming devices in this article.
Activate Starz on PS4 through Netflix
Netflix is also benevolent enough to provides some amount of Starz movies and shows. Netflix subscribers can stream the first two seasons of Outlander for no additional charges.
In an article published by Techcrunch.com on October 1, 2008, ‘‘Starz Play, Included an all unlimited netflix subscriptions,makes approximately 2,500 Movies, TV Shows and concerts available to be watched instantly by Netflix members”.
Activate Starz on PS4 via Hulu
Similarly, the Hulu subscribers can also access Starz as the add-on for just 8.99 dollars. Then, all you have to do is download the Hulu program on the PlayStation and begin streaming. Hulu also provides a free trial for its first-time subscribers, just like Amazon Prime does.
Downloading The Starz App
First, you need to find the Starz app.
- To achieve that, use your PS4 controller to select the PlayStation Store icon on the PlayStation home menu, then type “Starz” into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Next, scroll to the Starz app that appears in the results, and select it. This will take you to the app page, from which you can select the Download option that’s located underneath the Starz logo.
- The downloading process shouldn’t take long. Once it’s complete, select Start, which will take you to the app itself so you can sign in and voilà!
- Now that Starz is installed, you can easily find the app by selecting the TV & Video icon, which is located on the PlayStation home menu ribbon.
Setting Up the Starz App
After the installation, you can take these steps to set up the App;
- Once the app has been launched, select Settings
- Then, sign in and use your Starz Play login email and password once you get to Setting (Go to arabia.starzplay.com on your PC or mobile to set up an account if you don’t have one).
- After setting up, go to Log in on the PS4 app and fill in your new login details.
- After logging, you are ready to watch since you have an active account.
- If you don’t have an active account, go to the Starz Play website on your PC or mobile device and set up your payment method to activate your account.
How To Activate Starz on PS4
- Switch on your PS4 device and ensure your internet connection is at its rest.
- Navigate to the home screen.
- Select the PlayStation store.
- Then, tap on the Apps option.
- Select the Movies & TVs category.
- Search for Star Play and tap on it.
- Then click on the download option.
- Launch the Starz Play app.
- Navigate to the setting option and click on Logon.
- Fill in your Starz login account details and password in their respective fields
- Perhaps, you don’t have an account, go to https://starzplay.com/ from any other device such as your smartphone or PC to create a new account, then login with it again.
- Voilà! You can stream Starz on PS4 now.
How To Fix Starz Not Responding
Considering that we have discussed how you can activate Starz on a number of platforms, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix and PS4. This are the basic things you can do if Starz fails to work on these platforms.
1. Restart Your Device
Whether on your TV, mobile phone, or computer, restarting your device gives your assurance that a temporary glitch in the system didn’t cause the problem as it will refresh the system. So to restart your PS4, do this;
- Press and hold the PS button on your controller, then select Power.
- You can choose to Turn Off PS4 or Restart PS4, but don’t select Enter Rest Mode. This option does not fully turn off the device.
After restarting your PlayStation, try playing a game.
2. Ensure Your App is Up-to-date
Another reason that might cause an issue is an outdated browser or app. So, you want to ensure your browser is up-to-date.
- From the game library, hover over the Starz app.
- Press the Options button on your controller. It should open the side menu.
- Select “Check for Update.”
- If there’s an update available, follow the instructions to install it.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall the App again
Remove and reinstall the Starz app on your PS4 if the app is not working or not responding.
- Open your PS4
- Swipe across the screen from left to right (or tap the Menu icon) to open the Store home menu.
- Tap My apps.
- From the list, tap on Starz
- Select Uninstall.
- After the app uninstalls, please select Install to download it again
4. Check your internet connection
Poor internet connection can also affect the Starz app from playing on your PS4 gaming console. Therefore, it’s recommended that you should check the internet connection.
- Open the Dynamic Menu.
- Go to the Function Bar at the top of your screen.
- Choose Settings
- Then Network.
- Select Test Internet Connection.
As contained in the article, it is no longer possible to activate Starz directly on PS4, but there are alternative ways to go about it. If you had been facing this challenge, we hope you find this article useful and helpful.