Yippee! Any YouTube fan on here? Please wave your hands for recognition because today we are discussing how to activate YouTube on Apple TV.
This promises to a very detailed and enlightening read, and you will be able to activate YouTube app on your Apple TV hitch free.
YouTube is a video sharing service that allows users to watch videos posted by other users and upload videos of their own as well. The service was started as an independent website in 2005 and was acquired by Google in 2006.
YouTube videos are posted by people from all over the world, from all types of backgrounds. So, that results in a wide range of videos available on YouTube.
These videos range from amateur films, homemade music videos, sports bloopers, and other funny events caught on video. People also use YouTube to post instructional videos, such as step-by-step computer help, do-it-yourself guides, and other how-to videos.
You can find all sort of videos on YouTube. In fact, it has become such that one does not have to worry anymore about not knowing something, all you need do is YouTube it and learn it yourself.
Do you know that you can even find a step by step video guide on how to activate YouTube on Apple TV on YouTube watch videos? Yes, you can and very explanatory.
While YouTube can serve as a business platform, considering that Google offers revenue sharing for advertisement clicks generated on video pages, some users have been able to turn YouTube into a profitable enterprise while some people simply visit YouTube for fun.
The Apple TV is Apple’s set-top box that enables you to watch films and TV shows on your big-screen tv through a raft of other online services like Apple TV+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and many of the OnDemand channels.
How To Activate YouTube on Apple TV
The Apple TV has evolved a lot over the years from one generation to the other. So, here is how to activate YouTube on your Apple TV.
Step 1: Find The Activation Code and Sign In
- Navigate to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app and stay on this screen until you’ve completed the remaining steps.
- Visit youtube.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
- Sign in when prompted. If you have multiple Google accounts, please select the account you use with YouTube. If you’re already signed in, skip to the steps below
Step 2: Select your channel
After signing in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. This list includes:
- Your account’s personal identity. If you have a Google+ profile, it’s your name; otherwise, it’s your email address.
- Any Google+ pages managed by your account. These will show up whether or not they are linked to a YouTube channel. Be sure to select a Google+ page that is linked to a YouTube channel. If you select a Google+ page that doesn’t have a YouTube channel, you won’t be able to sign in.
Step 3: Complete The Activation Process
- Once you’ve selected an account, enter the activation code shown in the YouTube app on your TV.
- Click Allow access and wait for the confirmation screen in the app.
- Once that is done, your activation is successful.
Different Generations of the Apple TV
Remember we said the Apple TV has evolved over the years, below are the different generations of the Apple TV and their years.
- 1st gen – launched in 2007. AirPort Extreme-like silver and white design.
- 2nd gen – launched in 2010.
- 3rd gen – launched in 2012..
- 4th gen (Apple TV HD) – launched in 2015.
- 5th gen (Apple TV 4K) – launched in 2017.
- 6th gen (Apple TV 4K) – launched in 2021.
How To Fix YouTube Not Working on Apple TV
With that said, if an issue pops up after you have activate YouTube on your Apple TV successfully, then these are the things you need to do;
Restart the YouTube App and Apple TV
If it is a minor bug in the YouTube app that is causing this problem, it should be fairly easy to resolve it by simply restarting the application or your Apple TV, so here is how to do this.
- To restart the app, double-press the Home button of the Siri remote/Apple TV remote to go to the App Switcher.
- Find the YouTube app by swiping left or right.
- When you find it, swipe up to quit it.
- Press the Home button again to return to the main screen.
- Start the YouTube app again and see if the problem has stopped occurring.
- If the issue is still there, try restarting the Apple TV by going to Settings > System (for Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD) or to Settings > General (for Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier), and selecting Restart.
- Another way to restart the TV is to simply unplug it from the power outlet, wait for around 10 seconds, and plug it back in.
Updating The YouTube App and Apple TV Software
Normally, software updates should install automatically, but sometimes, it is possible that a missing update to your YouTube app or the TV’s own software could be the cause for the problem, so here’s how you can manually update both.
- If you are using Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, open Settings and go to System/Software Updates/Update Software.
- If you have an Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier, from Settings, go to General/Software Update/Update Software.
- Once you select Update Software, the TV will check for updates. If it finds any available updates that haven’t already been installed, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the update installation.
- One other way to update the YouTube app is to go to the App Store, check for new updates available for that app, and install them from there.
Checking Your Internet Connection
This can seem very unimportant, but this simple issue may be the reason for the challenge you may be experiencing with the YouTube app, so here’s how you can check your Internet connection:
- Open Settings and then go to General/Network/Test Network.
- After you select Test Network, your connection will be tested – if the test is failed, this means that the problem with the YouTube app steps from a connection issue.
- If you are having connection problems, try restarting the router. If this doesn’t fix it, contact your Internet provider for assistance
Even if we use thousands and thousands of words, we might not be able to fully explain to you the world of contents and opportunities available for you on YouTube, which is why you should try to activate YouTube on your Apple TV and experience the goodness for your own self.