Once can activate Youtube on Xbox device following the steps we are about to discuss in this article, you can experience a new dimension of entertainment.
Xbox is a video gaming brand created and owned by Microsoft. The brand consists of five video game consoles, as well as applications (games), streaming services, an online service by the name of Xbox network, and the development arm by the name of Xbox Game Studios.
Meanwhile, YouTube is a video-sharing service where users can post personally developed videos of nearly any variety online, from animations to personal recordings.
YouTube is one of an emerging class of social applications that allow users to share and form communities around their content.
Although we are discussing how to activate Youtube on Xbox, we will also like to chip in, that YouTube TV is compatible with a range of other devices, like the Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, Android TV, iPhone/iPad, Android Phone/Tablet, Mac, Windows, PlayStation, LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, and Vizio Smart TV.
Before we get to the part where you activate Youtube on your Xbox device. First, you need to register your Xbox device. So this is how you can go about that.
- You will go to Microsoft Device Support. If you are already signed in you will see your profile name and icon at the top corner of the page.
- If you are not automatically signed in you will see the Sign in /Sign up command at the top corner.
- Click Sign in and enter your Microsoft Account credentials. If you don’t already have a Microsoft Account click Sign up to create one, as you must have a Microsoft Account to register your device.
- Once you are signed in you will be redirected back to the Device Support – Help with device registration, warranty info and services page.
- Under the Overview section, to the right of My Devices, you will see Register my device. Click on Register my device to begin the registration process or If you do not have any registered devices you will see a blue Get Started button below My Devices.
- Click Get Started to begin the registration process.
- Select your Country/Region from the menu.
- Select your Product Family Type from the drop-down menu
- Enter your Serial Number, However, you must select your Country/Region then Xbox from the Product Family Type drop-down before entering in your Serial Number.
- Once you’ve located the serial number on your device, enter it in the Serial Number box on the Device Registration page.
- Click the check box to accept the terms of the Privacy Statement and then click the blue Register button.
- Once your Xbox is registered you will see Success! You registered your device successfully.
- Click on Device Support at the top of the page to view and manage your registered device.
How To Activate YouTube on Xbox
With your device successfully registered an account, you can now go ahead and activate Youtube on your Xbox, following these steps
- From the home screen of your Xbox One.
- Press the Xbox One on your controller.
- A side menu pops up
- Scroll down, go to store a d click on that.
- Search for YouTube and install it.
- Then, go to the Microsoft store.
- Launch the YouTube app you have just installed on your Xbox console.
- Visit youtube.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
- Sign in when prompted. If you have multiple Google accounts, please select the account you use with YouTube. If you’re already signed in, skip to the steps below
- Once you’ve selected an account, enter the activation code shown in the YouTube app on your console.
- Click Allow access and wait for the confirmation screen in the app.
- Once that is done, your activation is successful.
How To Fix YouTube Not Responding on Xbox
Do you get to experience YouTube not working issues? The reasons for this problem might be numerous and you should check a few things before you give up from opening YouTube and watching favourite videos.
Here are a few steps to do when wondering about how to fix YouTube not working issues. Keep reading to find them out;
Check The Global Outage:
Sometimes, the YouTube server could just crash and that can cause YouTube to be down, which is also known as a global outage. This is how you can figure out if YouTube is down;
- Go to the official YouTube Twitter account, or you can visit some of the websites, like Downdetector. On the mentioned website, you can find out if YouTube is down in your area.
- Another good way to find out about the outage is to go to Google News and type in “YouTube outage” or “YouTube down”. In that way, you can find out if there is an outage in some countries or selected areas.
Clear The App Cache
After using the YouTube app for a long time, there is a chance that huge amounts of cache and data could be causing problems, such that you may not be able to open the YouTube app or you may be facing YouTube not playing videos issues.
So you can clear the app cache by doing the following;
- Go to the Settings option
- Open Apps & Notifications
- Click on See All Apps and click on YouTube
- Then tap on Storage & Cache
- Tap on Clear Cache and also select Clean Storage
Restart The Xbox Console
- Press the X Box button to open the Manual
- Go to Options.
- Click on the Restart console button.
- Select the Restart now to confirm.
Uninstall and Reinstall The YouTube App
If your Xbox YouTube is still not working even after applying all the above solutions, try and uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app. This way, if you are using an older version, you will download the newer one.
The steps below can guide you to uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Go to your home page and click on My games & apps.
- In the next step, select the YouTube app.
- Press the Menu button present on your controller. A pop-up window will appear select Uninstall.
- Then reinstall the app again.
With the guide above, you should be able to activate Youtube on your Xbox device with no hassles.
Once you can activate Youtube on Xbox, you can boast of a new dimension of entertainment.