For premium entertainment, we will suggest that you activate Youtube on your Samsung Smart TV. It is a very simple process and this article will commit to show you how to go about it
The YouTube app has been made to be compatible with a wide range of smart TVs, including Samsung. It gives you an immersed streaming experience while you are watching with family and friends.
When you activate YouTube on Samsung Smart TV, you can watch almost anything from the latest music to sports videos and more. You can sit back and enjoy even without clicking or searching for a video. You can search for videos over voice command using the Samsung TV remote.
Smart TVs are designed with an operating system that allows you to access, manage, and view online and network-based media content without the need to connect to an additional box (such as a Roku or Fire Stick).
Like you could already guess, almost all of the newest Samsung TV comes with YouTube installed. It is only those older models that will require you to manually install the YouTube app.
To that effect, find out the steps to install and activate YouTube on your Samsung TV from here.
How To Install YouTube on Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TVs are designed to bring owners the ability to not only watch TV with a perfect picture and unmatched sound, but they also enable users to access a variety of different applications, one of those being YouTube. So this is how you can install YouTube on your Samsung Smart TV
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Connect your Samsung Smart TV to an active internet connection.
- To get the main menu tab on your Samsung TV, then you click on the home button on your TV remote.
- Scroll to the left side and select the apps option.
- Navigate the magnifying glass on the top right side and click it.
- Now a search field will pop up on your screen and you have to submit “YouTube” on the respective field.
- After searching, few apps will display on the suggestion list and you have to select the YouTube app only.
- Now you will be redirected to the app overview page and click on the install button.
- Installation starts, although it will take few minutes to complete the installation process.
After installing, you get a completing message on your screen.
How To Activate YouTube on your Samsung Smart TV
With that done, you can move on to properly activate the Youtube app on your Samsung Smart TV, because you need to get that done first before you can start streaming.
So here you go;
- From the completing message, click on the open option to launch the YouTube on Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to the left panel of your screen and select the accounts icon.
- Now tap on the sign-in option on the Accounts.
- After signing in, an activation code will prompt on your TV screen. You want to copy that code or note it down somewhere else
- Then, launch Google Chrome browser or your favorite browser on your mobile or computer and go to www.youtube.com/activate on the URL field.
- Now enter the displayed activation code in the given field and click on the Next button.
- Tap on the allow option in order to agree on the terms and conditions screen. Once your activation process is complete, your screen will automatically refresh, indicating you have successfully activate YouTube on Samsung Smart TV.
- Now, go ahead and watch all you want.
Why You Should Activate YouTube on your Samsung Smart TV
Here are some of the reasons or benefits why you should activate the YouTube app on your Samsung Smart TV.
1. The main benefit of a smart TV is access to many channels that offer TV programs, movies, and music without the need to connect a TV antenna or subscribe to a cable/satellite service.
2. With Smart TVs, it is more than just programming because Smart TVs are all encompassing as they provide web browsing, gaming, and access to compatible media content stored on your computer.
3. Ease of Set Up; Smart TVs are as easy to set up as they are to use. All you need to do is plug it into the wall and connect it to your home Internet network.
4. Better and Clearer Views; Watching YouTube on a bigger screen can take your experience to the next level. Not only will you enjoy a wider view, but you can also sit down on your couch with only the remote in your hand and cruise around the app.
So when you activate Youtube on Samsung TV, you get to enjoy YouTube even better compared to accessing it via your smartphone, because the view is bigger and clearer.
YouTube Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Either your Youtube app or your Samsung Smart TV might malfunction at some point, due to bugs or a full cache. Whatever be the case, these are dew quick fixes you can use to resolve the issues.
1. Relaunching The YouTube App
- Simply pick up your TV remote and launch the Youtube App
- If the app goes to the “Grey Screen” press and hold the “back” arrow button and it will take you to the Samsung Smart HUB.
- Chose the Youtube app again to relaunch it.
- Check to see if the issue persists, but it shouldn’t.
2. Reset TV to default Settings
In some cases, the TV might not be functional until it has been reset to the default settings of the manufacturer. Therefore, in this step, we will be resetting the TV to its factory settings in an attempt to get rid of this particular issue. For that, do these;
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- Click on “Settings” and then select “Support”.
- Select the “Self Diagnosis” option and then highlight and click the “Reset” button.
- After selecting reset, you will be asked for a pin. The default pin should be “0000” unless you have manually changed it.
- Enter the pin to confirm the process and then follow the onscreen prompts to successfully reset the TV.
- After the reset is finished, check to see if the issue persists.
3. Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV and Router
By simply doing a quick restart your device, you could refresh your connection and delete temporary files that may be causing the problem.
- Turn off your Samsung smart TV.
- Unplug your TV, router, and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
- Now, plug in your router and modem.
- Once connected to the Internet, plug your TV back in.
- Turn the TV on and relaunch YouTube.
We promised that this article will commit to helping you have it easy as you activate Youtube on your Samsung Smart TV, so we hope we have done just that.
Thank you so much for staying through it.