Did you just purchase a Galaxy watch 3 and you are wondering how you can charge it properly without damaging it? Here, in this article, we have compiled several methods on how to charge Galaxy Watch 3 without damaging it.
To enjoy your Galaxy watch maximally, ensure that you charge it properly especially if you are just using it for the first time. If you have not used it for a while too, you need to charge it effectively.
Charging a Galaxy Watch 3 requires you to use only Samsung-compatible chargers, batteries, cables, and dock since third-party equipment can damage the Galaxy Watch 3.
The verified battery life span of your smartwatch depends on the Wi-Fi connection, the several apps used, and the frequency of calls and messages you receive. So, with this, you want to ensure that your Galaxy watch 3 device is fully charged before use.
There are several ways by which you can charge Galaxy watch 3, this includes, charging via the charger, without a charger via PowerShare, or using a compatible Qi charging station.
Charging your Galaxy Watch 3 via the PowerShare feature is one of the ways you can charge your Smartwatch. Although not all Samsung smartphones allow you to share power with other devices since PowerShare uses the same technology as wireless charging. Not all smartphones are compatible with wireless chafing.
Most phones that support the PowerShare feature are usually flagship devices released a few years ago. Some of the devices that support the PowerShare feature to enable you to charge your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 include:
- Galaxy Fold series (Galaxy Fold, Z Fold 2, and Z Fold 3).
- Galaxy Z series (Galaxy Z Flip, Z Flip 5G, and Z Flip 3).
- Galaxy S20 series (S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, and Galaxy S20 5G).
- Galaxy S10 series (S10, S10+, S10 5G, and Galaxy S10e).
- Galaxy S22 series (Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra).
- Galaxy S21 series (Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra).
- Note 20 series (Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G).
- Note 10 series (Galaxy Note10, Note10+, and Note10+ 5G).
It is important to always check if your device is compatible with this feature before you start charging your Galaxy Watch 3.
Before you go ahead to charge your Galaxy Watch 3, there are certain Samsung recommended tips you need to note while charging via the PowerShare feature, they include:
- When your phone battery is below 30% do not use PowerShare. This helps to protect your phone battery from getting weakened via this medium.
- While charging your Galaxy Watch 3, do not move the devices as this can disturb the connection and affect the charging process.
- Never use wired earphones while using the PowerShare feature as this may disrupt the charging process and other nearby devices.
- You may notice that your phone stops charging the smartwatch automatically at a certain percentage. Relax as this is a mechanism put in place to protect your phone battery.
- How fast your watch charges and its efficiency all depend on the condition of the watch and its surrounding environment. This implies that in some cases, the watch might charge very slow and faster than in others
- Detach all extra casing or accessories to get the maximum charging speed your watch requires.
- If you charge your phone while sharing power, this can reduce the charging speed or even prevent your smartphone from charging optimally.
Once you can adhere to these precautions and follow the tips, then you can safely go ahead to use your phone to charge your watch anytime. However, note that a PowerShare method is an emergency option, and it should not be used too frequently.
How to Charge Galaxy Watch 3 using a Compatible Charger
Once the battery power of your smartwatch is low, the battery icon will display empty bars. Follow the steps below to charge Galaxy watch 3 via a compatible charger:
- Plug one end of the charger into a socket and the other end into the charger port.
- Place the Galaxy Watch 3 on the dock, ensuring that the back is well aligned to the centre of the wireless charging dock.
- In case there’s an obstruction between the Galaxy Watch 3 and the wireless charging dock like liquid or dust, your smartwatch may not charge properly.
- Once the smartwatch begins to charge, the dock’s LED indicator will show a red light.
- The LED indicator colour status shows Red light when it’s charging, Green light which shows the watch is fully charged and an Orange light indicates that the watch is connected to a low-power adaptor.
This is how to charge Galaxy Watch 3 via a compatible charger.
Peradventure you misplaced your Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 charger or it got damaged, and you need to urgently charge your smartwatch. Then, you don’t have to get yourself worked up as you can charge your Galaxy Watch 3 without its charger by using the power-sharing technology.
The PowerShare feature allows you to share power from your Samsung device to your smartwatch. It makes use of the same Qi wireless charging technology to charge the watch via your phone.
There are two ways you can charge your Galaxy Watch 3 in case there’s no charger which is either by using the PowerShare feature with your phone or by using a wireless charging pad. Follow the steps below to charge in these simple steps:
- Ensure that your phone is fully-charged since your phone will stop charging the watch when it gets to a certain percentage (usually at 30%).
- The PowerShare feature usually helps to protect your phone battery, as using it to charge other devices when it is low can cause issues.
- From the top of your phone screen, slide down to see Quick Settings.
- You will see the Powershare icon there; in case it’s not there, you can add it to the list.
- Tap on the icon to turn it on and position the watch and the phone back to back.
- You will get notified via a signal once the watch begins to charge.
- Once the smartwatch gets full and you need to stop charging, simply separate the devices.
- After a minute, the PowerShare feature will turn off automatically once it doesn’t detect any device.
Now, this is how to charge Galaxy Watch 3 via the PowerShare feature.
How to Charge Galaxy Watch 3 via a Compatible Qi Charging Station
This is the second method to use when you don’t have a charger to charge your Galaxy Watch 3. Although, using a regular Qi charging pad is not a convenient way of charging especially if it’s not compatible with your watch.
However, if you can get one that is compatible with your Galaxy watch 3, then using it is easy. All you need to do is place it in the charging pad, and it will fully charge! That’s all! Very easy!
If after trying the 3 different methods on how to charge Galaxy watch 3, your smartwatch still won’t charge, then you can troubleshoot the problem and schedule a repair at the Samsung repairs page. This is all about how to charge your Galaxy Watch 3. I hope your smartwatch is now fully charged.