You can delete a user on your PS4 or PS4 Pro account but it’s not advisable to delete your PSN Sonu account. Whichever choice you make this tutorial will help you to fulfil it. Here in this guide, we will discuss how to delete users on PS4 or PS4 Pro, how you can remove a user account from your PS4 and finally, how to delete your PSN account permanently from Sonu official portal.
Please take note of the following before you proceed with any part of this tutorial.
- You may lose access to your PSN wallet if you delete your PSN account.
- Delete user will be restricted from accessing their data on the PS4 or PS4 Pro console.
- Delete user information such as username, ID, and email cannot be re-used to create another PSN account or sub-account.
- Make sure to back up your PSN data before your proceed to delete your PSN account.
How to Delete Users on PS4 or PS4 Pro
Let us do it. Following the procedures below, you will be able to delete your account on PS4 or PS4 Pro game console.
- Switch on your PS4 or PS4 Pro console and sign in to your PS4 or PS4 Pro account.
- Navigate to “Settings” >> “Settings Login.”
- Tap on “User Management.”
- Tap “Delete User.”
- Find the name of the user you want to delete from the list and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete” from the popup.
Note: When you delete a user on PS4 or PS4 Pro (PSN) there is no way to restore it. But, you can always create a new user and add the user you deleted following the steps above.
How to Delete Accounts on PS4 or PS4 Pro
Deleting PS4 account is different from how to delete a user on PSN. So, if you decided to delete your PSN account permanently follow the procedures below.
- Log into your PS4 account.
- Press the “Home” button.
- Navigate “Settings >> Parental Controls/Family Management >> Family Management.”
- Select the “PS4 or PS4 Pro” account you want to delete under “Family Member.”
- Tap “Delete user profile.”
- Tap “OK” to confirm the procedure.
This procedure will help to delete a sub-account that is attached to your PS4 or PS4 Pro account.
How to Delete a PSN Account with Sony
You can close or delete your PS4 account permanently. This will delete both the PSN admin account and all sub-account associated to your PlayStation account.
To delete a PSN account permanently from Sonu database contact PSN customer care department and provide your PSN sign-in ID (SID), the email address that is associated to your Sony account, and PSN username.
However, to submit a request to delete PS4 account from Sony database permanently follow the procedures below.
- Head to “PlayStation Help & Support.”
- Hit the “Search” option and search for “Close Account.”
- Click on “How to Close PSN account” when you scroll down the page.
- Click on “Contact Us.”
- Provide your Sign-in ID (email address) and Online ID and request to delete your account.
Note: Once you delete your PSN account it’s permanent. The account details cannot be used to create another PS4 account.
Do a Factory Reset from your PSN Primary Account
This is the last thing you want to do when you seek how to delete users on PS4 or PS4 Pro. This will not only erase all added users, sub-accounts but will all delete all trophies, video clips, screenshots, etc. However, if you cannot afford to lose all your data, you should back up your PS4 data.
- Log in to your PS4 with your primary username and password.
- Navigate “Settings > Initialization > Initialize PS4 > Full.”
- Follow the instruction to complete the reset.
Note: It might take a few hours to complete the process. Do not turn off your PS4 device during this process as this can destabilize your console.
How to Delete Users on PS4 using a Manual Reset
You can capitalize on the PS4 manual reset option to delete all users from your PS4 or PS4 Pro account.
- Turn off your PS4 game console. But don’t disconnect it from your Smart TV.
- Press the power button and hold it down until the second beep sounds to go to safe mode on your console.
- Select the following while in the safe mode.
- 4. Restore Default Settings”, “6. Initialise PS4”, or “7. Initialise PS4 (Reinstall System Software)”.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to complete the process.
Once you have successfully reset the console. All users and family account including all trophies, screenshots, clips, and other data stores on your console will be erased.
In a nutshell, all deleted PSN account cannot be restored. And the details cannot be used to create another account on PSN. And to confirm whether the user has been deleted successfully, ask the user to log in to the PS4 or PS4 Pro account. Once the user is blocked or restricted from signing in it means that the account has been deleted. But, if the user access hasn’t been revoked it means that the user account is still active and it hasn’t been deleted.