We all have reasons to want to either disable pop-up blockers on our browsers but it’s important not to overlook the usefulness of this feature in the course of our browsing experience. Pop-ups are often directed at internet users for different reasons part of which is to aid a process or boost a brand or business, with respect to digital marketing.
We will dig into how you can disable pop-up blockers on Chrome while using different devices. The processes and steps might differ and our guides will surely get you to the root of your wish – to disable pop-up blockers,
Table of Contents
Disable pop-up blockers on Chrome (Windows)
Chrome will give you a notification when a pop-up is blocked. And it will also provide an option to see it. If you want to turn off pop-up blocker, try these instructions:
- Hit the Customize and control Google Chrome menu. These are the three dots in the upper right corner of your device.
- Select Settings.
- Next, hit Advanced at the bottom.
- Hit the Site Settings button under Privacy and security.
- Next, Select Pop-ups and redirects.
- To disable the pop-up blocker, ensure to check the Blocked box.
You can enable pop-ups on specific sites. Just check Blocked (recommended), then click Add next to Allow and enter the URL(s).
For Firefox (Windows)
Try these instructions to disable pop-up blocks for Firefox (Windows).
- First, hit the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Next, hit Options.
- Next, select the Privacy and Security tab.
- To disable the pop-up blocker, you will need to check the Block pop-up windows box below Permissions.
- If you want to allow specific pop-ups, hit Exceptions, then enter the URL(s).
- Next, Close the window and click OK.
For Internet Explorer (Windows IE 8 and earlier versions)
- First, Click Tools.
- Next, select Pop-up Blocker.
- Simply hit Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
Disable pop-up blockers For Internet Explorer (Windows IE 9 and later versions)
- First, click the Gear icon.
- Then select Internet Options.
- Next, select the Privacy tab.
- For step three, uncheck Turn on Pop-up Blocker to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Hit the Settings button to disable pop-up blockers for certain specific sites. Then hit OK.
Disable pop-up blockers For Chrome (Mac)
If you operate Chrome on Mac, the settings for Chrome on Windows is quite similar. As expected, Chrome will notify you when the pop-up blocks and it will also provide you with an option to see it.
- To turn off pop-up, hit the Customize and control Google Chrome menu- which we explained as the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Next, select Settings.
- At the bottom, hit Advanced.
- Next, under Privacy and security, hit the Content Settings button. Then select Pop-ups and redirects.
- To disable the pop-up blocker, uncheck the Blocked box.
- And if you want to enable pop-ups on certain specific sites, you can check Blocked and then click Add next to Allow and enter the URL(s).
For Firefox (Mac)
Try these instructions for Firefox on your Mac;
- Select Preferences from the Firefox menu.
- Next, click the Privacy and Security tab.
- If you want to disable the pop-up blocker, uncheck the Block pop-up windows box which is below Permissions.
- If you wish to allow specific pop-ups, click Exceptions and enter the URL(s).
- Close the window and select OK.
For Safari (Mac)
- From the Safari menu, first, select Preferences.
- Next, select Websites at the top of the window.
- In this step, select Pop-up Windows.
- To disable the pop-up blocker, you can select Allow, next to when you are visiting other websites.
- If you want to allow specific pop-ups, you can navigate to the web page, then follow the first three steps and then you can hit Allow next to the name of the site you wish to enable.
Be it Windows or Mac you use, we believe this detailed guide will put you through on how you can disable pop up blockers on your Chrome browser. Meanwhile, in case you have a rethink and wish to allow pop-ups on Chrome, our guide here can put you through expressively.
So What’s your experience with this feature? Kindly let us know in the comments section.