Have you been having issues with your Simplisafe keypad not turning on? Then this article is for you, as we would be looking at the various reasons for your Simplisafe keypad not turning on and the possible fixes that you can use to resolve the issue.
The Simplisafe home security system is a home security system that offers you maximum protection due to its many excellent features, and it does this at cheap prices.
This made the Simplisafe home security system one of the most popular home security systems available in the market and also made it the go-to home security system for many homes.
Some of the devices that make up the Simplisafe home security system includes entry and motion sensors, indoor and outdoor camera, base station, keypad, and the rest.
The SimpliSafe home security system also has some advanced features that you can get by paying a monthly subscription fee. With these advanced features, you get much more than security protection for your home.
In case you want to cancel your SimpliSafe monitoring subscription please checkout this article.
You have 24/7 automatic access to your neighborhood police, access to 24/7 medical dispatch teams, and in case of a fire outbreak, you also have 24/7 access to the fire brigade.
The Simplisafe keypad, which is a part of the Simplisafe home security system, is a wireless device whose primary function is to arm or disarm your home security system.
Why Simplisafe Keypad not Turning on?
A variety of reasons can cause the Simplisafe keypad not to turn on. Like every device, the Simplisafe keypad is sometimes prone to developing issues and faults.
Some of the reasons for the Simplisafe keypad not turning on includes:
- Simplisafe keypad not turning on, might be occuring because during installation, you might have mixed up certain connections which might be preventing the keypad from turning on properly.
- Your Simplisafe keypad battery is dead
- This issue might be occuring because your keypad is out of range, i.e. it is not connecting to the base station mostly due to distance.
- Sometimes a firmware update on your Simplisafe base station might introduce a bug or glitch to your Simplisafe keypad, this might prevent the SImplisafe keypad from turning on.
- Simplisafe keypad not turning on, could be occuring because the Keypad is not properly connected to the WiFi router.
How to Resolve Simplisafe Keypad not Turning on
Some of the troubleshooting methods available to resolve the Simplisafe keypad not turning on issue is listed below.
Power cycle the Simplisafe keypad
Sometimes, power cycling might be the easiest step to resolve the issue of the Simplisafe keypad not turning on. To powe cycle your Simplisafe keypad, follow the steps below.
- Remove the batteries from the keypad
- After about 5-10 minutes, put the battery back into the keypad and test.
- If your keypad turn on,then immediately turn off, it means you have to change your Simplisafe keypad battery.
If so, then change the battery in the keypad, and use the keypad to confirm the issue has been resolved.
Re-install the Simplisafe keypad
If there was an error while setting up the keypad, it might prevent the Simplisafe keypad from turning on. To reinsall the keypad, follow the steps below.
- Turn on your smartphone and launch the Simplisafe mobile app
- Log in and navigate to menu
- From the menu section, go to device settings.
- Then remove the keypad from the list of available devices.
- Click on the plus icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then follow the prompts showing on your screen to add the keypad back to the list of available devices.
After following the steps above, use your Simplisafe keypad to confirm the issue has been resolved.
Reconnect the Simplisafe Keypad to a WiFi Router
Sometimes the reason your Simplisafe keypad is not turning on, is because it is not properly connected to the WiFi router. To connect your keypad to WiFi, follow the steps below.
- Click the Menu button on your Keypad, and input the 4 digit master pin
- Navigate to system settings and use the right rocker to select it
- Scroll and click on WiFi
- Once the list of available WiFi connections appear, click on the WiFi you want to connect to
- Then enter your WIFi password,and the keypad will connect to the WiFi
After following the steps, use your Simplisafe keypad to confirm the issue has been resolved.
Sync the Simplisafe Keypad to the Simplisafe Base Station
Sometimes the solution to the problem at hand might be to re-sync your keypad to the base station.
The following steps explain how to sync your SimpliSafe keypad to your SimpliSafe base station
- Remove the battery in your keypad, wait for approximately 15 seconds and put it back into the Simplisafe keypad.
- A searching for base station prompt will appear on your keypad screen
- Remove the battery compartment of your base station, using a philips screwdriver
- Then press the button on your power adapter, and any button on your keypad.
- A connecting to the base station message will appear on your screen
- Your base station will then let you know that the keypad has been added.
Use your Simplisafe keypad, to ensure that the issue has been totally resolved.
Reset the Simplisafe Base Station
After trying all the methods listed above, and the issue has not been resolved. You can reset the Simplisafe base station as a last approach to resolving the issue. To reset the Simplisafe base station, follow the instructions highlighted below.
- Unmount the base station from the wall.
- Use a Philips screw driver to remove the battery compartment of the base station.
- Remove the battery, and after waiting for approximately 60 seconds, plug the base station into the power outlet.
- Then put the battery back into the base station, and screw the compartment back into place.
After following the steps above, test the Simplisafe keypad to confirm that the issue has been completely resolved.
Read How to Reset SimpliSafe Base Station.
Function of the Simplisafe Keypad Red Button?
The Simplisafe keypad red button, is the Simplisafe panic button and its primary assignment is to alert the Simplisafe monitoring center of an emergency situation, that might require them to contact the necessary emergency center.
To activate the panic button, simply pres the key for 2 seconds.
However, follow the steps below if you would like to disable the panic button.
- Press the menu button on your keypad and input your 4 digit master pin.
- Then click on devices, and go to the keypad you want to disable its panic button.
- Click on panic alarm and set it to disabled.
How to Resolve the Simplisafe Keypad out of Range issue
Most times when you get the Simplisafe keypad out of range error, it means that your Simplisafe keypad is quite far from its base station.
To resolve this, simply reduce the distance between your base station and keypad.
This article has looked at the various reason why the Simplisafe keypad not turning on issue occurs, and the possible ways to resolve Simplisafe keypad not turning on.
We also looked at the function of the red button on the keypad and the easiest way to resolve the out of range issue.
If you encounter difficulties trying to resolve any of this issue, reach out to the Simplisafe customer support center for further assistance.