Technology has changed a lot in human evolution. And a lot has happened since Android and iOS came into the 21s century. If you are part of this generation, the technology advancement would have sharpened your life differently and the transition is still very much in place. However, OPay ride is part of the evolution we are talking about. The OPay ride is the generation of bike men that answers Okada order via the OPay app to convene passengers to their various destinations. Meanwhile, you need to have funds in your account to be able to pay for your ride when the rider picked you from your starting location and drop you where you are going to. And for this, you are expected to fund your oRide account. Therefore, this post will address how to fund OPay account.
How to Fund ORide Account
There are two ways to fund OPay accounts that I prefer to use. The best and easiest way is to request OPay fund from the rider and give the rider cash in exchange for the OPay money. This is quick and fast.
Secondly, fund your OPay account with either your bank account or using your ATM.
Here in this article, I’ll explain in detail how to fund OPay account using ATM card, account number, and how to transfer funds from your OPay account to another OPay account.
How to Fund OPay Account with ATM
If you have a Nigeria bank ATM card that is valid you can transfer money from your bank account to your OPay account.
- Launch the OPay Ride app
- Enter your 6 digits unlock passcode
- Click on balance from the menu bar
- Click on the add money option
- Type your credit card number, CCV, and the amount to transfer to your OPay account
- Click on add money
- Enter your ATM code under the transaction detail
- Click on the submit button
- Enter PIN code
- Click on the complete transaction
- Enter the OTP [one-time password] sent to your mobile number from your bank
- Click on the complete transaction
Your OPay account will be funded with the amount entered. Meanwhile, you must have enough cash in the bank account of the ATM card number you entered.
How to Transfer Fund from ORide to Bank
With your bank account, you can fund your Oride account directly without using your ATM card.
- Launch the Oride app
- Click on transfer
- Tap on the bank tab
- Select your bank name from the drop menu
- Enter your account number
- Type the amount to fund your Opay account with
- Click on Done
The minimum you can transfer from your OPay account to your local bank account is 100 naira.
How to Transfer Money from Bank App to OPay account
If you have your local bank mobile app such as the Diamond bank mobile app, GTBank mobile app, First bank mobile app, Zenith bank mobile app, Access mobile bank app, Stanbic bank mobile app, etc, you can transfer fund directly from your bank mobile app to your OPay account.
- Open the OPay app
- Click on transfer money
- Click on your bank logo
- Follow the instruction highlighted in the overview to fund your ORide account from your mobile app.
OPay associates a unique account number to your Opay/ORide account which you can use to fund your account directly from the mobile app.
How to Transfer OPay fund to another OPay user
If you have enough OPay fund you can transfer from your OPay account to another OPay (Oride) users. Here is the step by step approaches.
- Open the ORide app on your Android/iOS
- Tap on the Transfer tab in the menu
- Tap on person icon under money transfer
- Type the phone number to transfer to or click on the headgear icon to select the mobile number from your contact form.
- Enter the amount to transfer from your ORdide account to the other ORide user account.
- Tap the done to complete the transaction.
The minimum OPay fund you can transfer to another OPay user is 10. And the maximum OPay money you can transfer and receive is 1,000,000.
Note: I’d advise you have what you can afford to lose in your OPay account in case the app crashes you will have nothing or little to lose.