How to change language on Facebook: It’s not easy to change Facebook language if the language is not in the language you understand. With this, it’ll be difficult to use the Facebook app and messenger with a language you don’t understand.
Facebook supports more than 20 languages to choose from. Facebook sets a default language on all Facebook account. However, if this language is different from the language you want, you are free to change it at any time without a limitation.
Therefore, in this article, I will share with you how to change Facebook language to English on Facebook web and Facebook app.
How to Change Language on Facebook on Web
I’m going to work you through how to change Facebook language to the English language on www.facebook.com or web.facebook.com.
- Go to web.facebook.com on your PC or phone browser.
- Enter your Facebook username (email address) and password and tap “Login.”
- Tap the “Drop” menu located at the top-right (see the screen below).
- Tap “Privacy & Settings.”
- Tap “Language” from under “Settings.”
- You will be taken to “Language and Region Settings.”
- Go to “Facebook Language” and tap the pencil “Edit” button.
- Tap the “drop-menu” under “Show Facebook in this language.”
- Select the language from the popup, say, English.
- Tap “Save Changes.”
Once you clicked on “Save Changes,” the page will reload and change the language from the default (English) to the language you selected from the drop-menu.
How to Change Facebook Language on Posts and Pages from Friends.
Different from the official language, you set your Facebook language to you can choose another language you want Facebook to show your Facebook posts and pages.
This is the language Facebook will display all posts and pages from your friends instead of the language you set your Facebook account to so if you have a second language such as French or Spanish that you want Facebook to translate your friends’ posts and pages to here are what you should simply do.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap the drop-down menu to the top right
- Tap “Settings & Privacy >> Settings.”
- Tap “Edit” in “post from friends and pages.” Here you have the option to choose the language you want posts to be translated to, languages you don’t want to be offered for, and language you don’t want the automatic translation.
- Select the “Language (English) or another language” and tap on “Save Changes.”
- Wait while Facebook changes your account language to the language selected above.
While Facebook is downloading and changing the language, the app will close and launch automatically.
This will not change your Facebook language that you have set or changed above; rather, it’d translate posts and pages from friends to the language you selected.
How to Change Facebook Language using Facebook App
If you are addicted to the Facebook mobile app for Android and iPhone (iOS), and you would love to change your Facebook account language on the app, here is what you should do.
- Open the “Facebook mobile app.”
- Tap on the “Hamburger” under the “Messenger icon.”
- Navigate to “Settings & Privacy” and tap it.
- Tap “Language” from the pop-down.
- Select “Language” you want to set your Facebook account to.
- That’s all.
Facebook sets the app language to the language of your phone. So, if you want to change your Facebook language to English Language, just proceed to change your phone language to the English language and the Facebook app will be changed to your phone language automatically.
How to Change Phone Language to English
Another way to change the Facebook language to your preferred language so as English or French language is to set your phone language to it. Here is a step you need to follow to change your language on your smartphone.
Change Android Phone Language
Here is how to change your phone language on Android.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap “System” when you navigate to the bottom.
- Tap “Language & Input >> Language.”
- Tap “Language and region.”
- Select “English” or Tap “Add Language.”
- Tap the “Language” to change to.
- Tap “Change” from the popup.
These procedures will change the language on your Android and change apps languages on your phone including the Facebook language to the new language you changed your phone language to.
How to Translate Facebook Language
It’s possible to translate Facebook language using a Google translator if the feature is enabled on your browser. With this, you’d not need to go through the Facebook feature to change the language on Facebook.
If this is the preferred steps, follow the procedures below to enable Chrome translator to translate the Facebook language.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Tap the more menu and select “Settings” from the drop-down.
- Tap “Advanced” located at the bottom left.
- Tap “Languages.”
- Tap the drop-menu to expand the language info.
- Tap “more” and select “display Chrome in this language.”
- Restart the “Chrome browser.”
- Navigat to “Settings >> Advanced >> Language.”
- Tap More >> display Chrome in this language >> offered to translate pages in this language.”
- Tap on the translate button.
Once these settings have been saved, Chrome will offer to translate the page in the language selected. To now translate your Facebook language to this language, go to your Facebook account, tap on the language translator icon on the browser, and choose to change or translate the language to the preferred language you configured your Chrome browser to transfer the preferred language to.