2Fa or two-authentication factor is a secondary password to unlock an online account or device apart from the primary password. The purpose of 2FA is to keep hackers or intruders away from accessing an account that has the 2FA feature enabled. However, getting your 2FA code without WiFi on discord or iPhone or Android could be difficult.
This article will guide you through whatever setback you are facing getting your 2FA code without WiFi connection.
It is worth noting that almost all online platforms are now using 2FA to secure accounts. Google recently mandated all YouTube bloggers to enable 2FA to continue using the service.
So, if you aren’t using the 2FA feature in your online account or mobile app to force an additional security measure on your account, you should consider doing that before it’s too late.
Also, I want you to know that the 2FA code comes in diverse ways. Some platforms send your 2FA code each time you want to access your account, which is the most recommended means of getting your 2FA code because the code is random, unlike the default 2FA code to backup your 2FA setup.
What is 2FA Code without WiFi?
To gain access to a website or account that requires 2FA to unlock without requesting the code from the account server or website server using either the backup_code_txt or Google Authenticator app to get the 2FA code is referred to as 2FA code without WiFi.
This literarily means how you can get your account 2FA code without connecting to the internet or without internet connection or WiFi.
How to Get 2FA Code without WiFi on Android
With a Google authenticator app, you can get your 2Fa code without WiFi on your phone. All you need to do is download and install the Google 2FA app on your smartphone to generate a new 2FA code each time you need to access the linked account with two-factor authentication.
Therefore, we will explain how to get the Google 2FA app on your Android phone below.
How to Install Google 2FA App [Android & iPhone]
Follow the steps below to download and install the Google 2FA app on your Android phone.
- Open the Google play store app on your Android phone and the Apple apps store on your iPhone.
- Click on the search box and search for “Google Authenticator.”
- Click on the “Install/Get“ button to download and install the Google 2FA app on your phone.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Google 2FA app on your phone, you need to set up the app before starting using it.
How to Setup Google 2FA [Android & iOS (iPhone)]
Below are the steps to set up the Google 2FA code on your Android and iOS [iPhone & iPad] to get your 2FA code without WiFi.
- Open a browser on your phone [Android or iPhone/iPad].
- Go to myaccount.google.com and sign in to your Google account when prompted.
- Click on the “Security” tab located on the left.
- Scroll to “Sign in to Google” and click on “2-Step Verification.”
- You need to sign in to your Google Gmail account again.
- Select “Set up” under “Authenticator App.”
- Open the “Google Authenticator App” on your smartphone.
- Click on the “+” icon on the app.
- Select “Scan a QR Code.”
- Scan the 2-Step Authenticator ode on the Google webpage.
Each time you need your 2FA code, you don’t have to connect to WiFi or wait until the 2FA code is sent to your phone number or associated email address.
You need to open the Google Authenticator App to generate your 2FA code and use it where and when needed.
How to Transfer Google 2FA Code to a New Phone
You wouldn’t want to misplace your 2FA code phone; otherwise, you’ll be locked out of your account, except you have a backup code.
However, you can quickly transfer your 2FA code app from an old to a new phone instead of walking through the setup process above. So, here you will learn how to transfer your Google authenticator app code from one phone to the other.
- Install the Google Authenticator app on the new phone [without removing it from the old phone].
- Launch the 2FA app and click on “Get Started.”
- Click on “Import Existing Accounts,” located at the bottom of the app.
- Open the Google authenticator app on the old phone.
- Click on the “More” option or three dots.
- Select “Transfer Account.”
- Click on “Export Accounts.”
- Select the 2FA account you’d love to transfer to the new phone.
- Click on “Next” to create a “QR Code.” [If you selected more than one account, your phone will (likely) create multiple QR codes].
- Scan the QR code on the old phone using your new phone.
Confirm that the 2FA code has been transferred to the new phone before deleting the 2-Step Verification code app on your old phone.
You can also change which phone to send your 2FA code whenever you need it via the Google security settings, but with the google authenticator app on your phone, you can generate the 2FA code manually.
How to Enable 2FA Code on Discord
Follow the steps below to enable 2FA code on your discord account.
- Sign in to your discord account.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon to the bottom right.
- Click on “Enable Two-Factor Auth” on the settings page.
- Launch your Google Authenticator app.
- Tap “+” and click on “Scan a QR Code” on the screen.
- Scan the discord QR code on the setup page to link up.
- Click “Done.”
On the contrary, if you don’t want to scan the QR code, you can add discord to the google authenticator app on your phone and generate the 2FA code for your discord. And instead of scanning the QR code, you only need to provide the authenticator code.
Note: Only a discord verified account can enable and disable 2FA. So, if your discord account isn’t verified [either on the phone or email], you will not be able to turn on the 2FA.
How to Get Discord 2FA Code without WiFi
Suppose you followed the steps above to add your discord 2-Step Verification to the Google Auth app on your phone. You’d be able to log into your discord account with a 2FA code without WiFi or without getting the code directly from the Discord server.
- Go to discord.com/app on a web browser.
- Enter your username and password and click on the login tab.
- You will be prompted to enter your 2FA code to access your discord account.
- Open your “Google Authenticator App” and click on the “Discord” logo.
- The 2-Step Auth app will display a 6 or 8 digit code on the app screen.
- Type the code on the discord 2FA code screen and click “Submit.”
So, you can repeat this process each time you want to sign in to your discord account on a new device or device that you haven’t used your discord before.
How to Use 2FA Code without WiFi using Default 2FA Code
A default 2FA code is a master code that can unlock your account at any time. You don’t need to get the Google authenticator app or other authenticator apps to unlock your 2FA-enabled account whenever the need arises.
The default 2FA code will be given immediately after you set up the 2FA code in your account, and you will be prompted to either write down the codes or download a copy and print it for future use.
With this 2FA master code, you can easily override the 2FA code from the platform or the authenticator app. Therefore, another way to get a 2FA code without WiFi is using the default code you were given when you turn on the 2FA code on the account.