Are you struggling to Mirror your iPhone device to your Roku TV? Roku is one of the most great choice for your Smart TV, when it comes to varieties of benefits it offers, such as the increasing content option, easy to use remotes, automatic software updates and the ease of affordability Roku gives you when you compare it to what other Smart TV offers.
Maybe, it has been a while you’ve been using your Roku device and you also want to figure out if you can screen mirror your iPhone screen with your Roku device,
Usually, most people go for apple TV because it makes it way easier to Mirror their phone screen on their TVs. However, you don’t need to be troubled if you are using a Roku device with your iPhone, since there are straightforward ways to quickly mirror your iPhone to your Roku device.
The only thing you might have to watch out for might be a compatibility article. So, in this article, I will be giving you the ultimate guide to Mirroring your iPhone to your Roku TV
How to Mirror your iPhone to your Roku Device
Now to make it clear to you, You can have a Roku streaming device which you will connect with your TV or You can have a Roku Tv which comes with all the preinstalled apps that will appear after connecting your device to your TV,
This means if you have a Rokus TV or a Rokus Streaming Device ( which usually acts as a link between your TV and the Wi-Fi network) It’s about the same procedure you will take to Mirror your iPhone screen
This tutorial will cover extensively the ways you can mirror your iPhone to a Roku device.
How to Mirror Your iPhone to Roku Device using your iPhone Control Center
Now, to mirror your iPhone to your Roku. You have to first, enable mirroring on your Roku device, and to do that simply get your remote tap the home button and go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring.
If your Roku is set up for mirroring now do these:
On your iPhone (if you’re using a newer version of iPhone – iPhone X and later) you’ll need to swipe down from the upper right corner, But if you’re using iPhone 8 and earlier swipe up from the bottom.
- Now after doing these, it will take you to the control center of your device
- Locate “Screen Mirroring” or select the screen mirroring icon
- Now, on the next screen, it shows you, select your TV.
- If your device isn’t listed, you’ll need to check if it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone
- After doing that, a prompt will be displayed on your screen, with a passcode
- Enter that Passcode on your iPhone device, and click “OK”
- Once, you’ve done that, your Roku device will be “checked” on your iPhone
Once, you have successfully done that your iPhone screen will pair on your Roku TV.
If you want to stop Mirroring, you can simply:
- go back to your iPhone and open up your control center.
- tap on the screen mirroring icon
- On the next screen simply, locate “stop mirroring” and select it
Now, apart, from using your iPhone directly, you can also make use of your Roku app, and here’s is how to go about that
How to Mirror iPhone to Roku Device with the “Roku App”
To use this, you have to make sure your Roku Tv has been correctly set to screen mirroring, by doing this: simply go to Settings > System > Screen Mirroring.
- Now, if you’re done with this simply follow these steps closely:
- GO on the app store and locate the “Roku app”
- Install it and launch it up – You can get it from here
- Now, after launching it, create a new account if you don’t have one
- If you have one already, simply sign in.
- On the app, simply connect to your TV
- Now, locate the toolbar which is usually at the bottom and select the “play on Roku” option
- After doing that, it will take you to where you can access your media files on your iPhone device.
- now choose the type of media file you wish to display- between, Audio, Video and Photos
- if you want to view a video on your Roku device, simply select “video”
- now, select the video file you want to view on your Roku TV
after doing this correctly the video is mirrored to your TV and it will start playing, aside from using the Roku app you can also make use of different third-party apps if, for example, you are using an iPad.
One of the recommended apps to use for screen mirroring from your iPhone ?iPad to your Roku Tv is the Mirror for Roku” app.
It also works perfectly.
here is how to use it for screen mirroring.
How to Mirror Your iPhone to Your Roku TV using “Mirror for Roku” App
There are a lot of third-party apps that enable you you both mirror and cast out the screen of your iPhone devices to your Roku Tv. and “mirror for Roku is one of the Few feasible tools out there that work.
This tool allows you to cast iPhone screen to your Roku TV using wireless technology.
To set it up, follow these instructions closely
- Go on the App Store using your iPhone device
- Now, Locate “Mirror for Roku”
- Install it on your device
- After doing that, Connect your Roku Tv and your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network
- now, open the app on your iPhone.
- You will need to wait until you see the name of the Roku device on your screen
- Now, select it to request for connection.
- On your, Roku Tv a dialogue will appear, simply get your remote and Grant connection request”
- Om your Tv Remote Select “OK” to add a channel
- once it has been connected,
- Go to your iPhone and click the name of your Roku device one more time
- Now, Tap “allow notification”
- After doing that, on your iPhone press the “Select Mirror for Roku ” Button
- Now, tap on “start broadcast”
After doing this successfully the content on your iPhone screen will start mirroring with your Roku TV.
To screen mirror your iPhone device with using Wi-Fi you can check here
in a scenario where this is not working you might need to check if your Rokus device is updated to support airplay, if your Roku device is not updated, you can do it manually by following these steps, before you configure the airplay setting
How to Manually update your Roku device
To manually update your device follow these simple steps
- Get your remote button and press home.
- locate and select “settings”
- Now, select “system“
- then “system update“
Over here you will see the current software and the build version, of your Roku device along with the time and date it was updated.
- Now, go to “check now” and select it to manually check for the update
- if there is a new software update available, your Roku device will pick it up, download and instantly update it.
once it is completed your Roku device will reboot.
After Updating your Roku device here’s is how you can configure the airplay setting if you are still struggling with mirroring it
How to check if my Roku device supports Airplay
To check if your Roku device supports Airplay you need to check the OS version you are using
Normally Roku OS 10.0 usually comes with airplay but, if you are using a lower version some might come with it but be sure. you can check by following these steps closely:
- On your home screen and select “settings”
- Locate “system ” and select it
- Now, choose “about”
Over here you will be able to see the Roku OS you are using now note the software version and check with this image below to know if you are supported
if after checking your Roku device and your model is on the list above it means the model must be running Roku OS 9.4 or later.
However if, your Roku device is in the following list below it means your Roku model should be running Roku OS 10.0 or later:
Now, if after checking your device version on the list and it is on there, but, then the mirroring doesn’t seem to work, you need to configure your airplay setting,
Note: Before totally considering this option your iPhone or iPad de3vce has to be running iOS 11.4 or later.
Now, to configure your Roku device Airplay setting follow the instructions below
How To Configure your Roku Device Airplay Setting
To change your airplay setting:
- Firstly, get your remote and press on your hone button
- Now select the setting on your Roku Tv.
- after doing that, locate and select “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit” which is usually on the main interface
- Now, on the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings” screen, simply turn it on if it isn’t.
since airplay is now correctly configured on your Roku device you should be able to steam and mirror your iPhone/iPad devices to your Roku Tv
Rokus comes with a lot of great features and content that makes it stand out from other devices, mirroring is one of the features you can access, but it is not limited to that.
you can also stream and cast video from your android, iPad, or Mac devices to your Rokus TV