To get an adequately arranged video on the platform, you will need to resize your videos for Instagram. Do you need easy ways to resize Instagram videos, and you are tired of the bulky video editors? Then this article will show you relatively easy ways to resize Instagram videos using VEED’s free Video resizing tool and other tools.
Different size requirements depend on the Instagram video post you want to make. Read on to learn the various Instagram video size requirements and how to perfectly resize Instagram videos, Story, Feed, and TV.
If you don’t resize Instagram videos before posting, Instagram will automatically crop a part of your Video, which might give it an awkward look. In the long run, this will negatively affect your brand and your Video’s engagement.
Before getting to the resizing process, you need to get acquainted with the different aspect ratios for Instagram. Aspect ratios are defined as the Video’s width in respect to its height, and this is expressed in a ratio. The Recommended size for horizontal videos is 1080px by 1080px. This size is ideal for Skits, animations, and Instagram ads. For vertical videos, the size is 1080px by 1350px, ideal for Tutorials, vlogs, and single-hand recorded content. While the recommended size for landscape videos is 1080px by 608px, which is ideal for Group, scenery, and travel videos.
Instagram supports both vertical and horizontal videos. However, their square is well-known amongst its users. It looks pretty in the profile grid, where each post appears as a cropped block. Instagram also has a high-definition resolution feature that is not reduced even with Instagram’s compression.
Instagram Video Requirements
Instagram is not strict at enforcing format requirements and specifics for their videos. However, that doesn’t mean there is no ideal format for uploading feed videos, IGTV, Reels, and Stories on Instagram.
Below are the video requirements for any video to be posted on Instagram:
- MP4 or H.264 Codec (Video file extension).
- AAC Audio (for separate audio tracks).
- The Video must be 3 to 60 seconds long (videos longer than 60 seconds should be on IGTV).
- Only 30 maximum FPS (frames per second)
- 3,500 bitrate (recommended)
Instagram Video Dimensions and Aspect Ratios
Instagram compresses video quality which makes your published/posted Video end up at a worse grade than your original file. You want to upload videos to Instagram at the highest possible video resolutions while maintaining the proper aspect ratio. Check out the Instagram video dimensions for the minimum and maximum resolutions for Instagram videos below:
Instagram Feed aspect ratios
- 4:5 (portrait): This is taller than the square format. It takes up a big chunk of your screen on mobile and can effectively catch people’s attention.
- 1:1 (square) – This is the most commonly widely-used format on Instagram.
- 1:91:1 (landscape) is similar to the 16:9 widescreen format; it’s not the most outstanding aspect ratio to catch people’s attention. It’s relatively smaller than the first two.
Other aspect ratios
Below are the other aspect ratios of the Instagram features:
- Reels – 1080px x 1920px | 9:16
- IGTV video – Vertical video, 9:16 | Horizontal video, 16:9
- IG Stories – 1080px x 1920px | 9:16 (vertical video)
It’s important to note that when you resize Instagram videos online, you can make the best out of it by using pre-made Instagram formats in a tool like VEED’s. Our sizing and file export settings are pre-made with the best specifications in mind for posting videos on Instagram.
How to Resize Instagram Videos to Fit Story, Feed, and IGTV
Before you can post a video on Instagram’s feed, the Video must either be square (1:1) or vertical (4:5) in size. However, if you post it as a Story or on TV, it requires it to be portrait (9:16) in length. Here are three simple tools that would let you resize Instagram videos without hassle. Read on!
How to Use Animaker to Resize Instagram Videos
Animaker is a free online tool that allows you easily and quickly edit videos for social media. Apart from the fact that it is easy to use, the device also allows you to trim promptly, rotate, flip, merge, filter, adjust, mute, and change the speed of your videos. Below is how to resize Instagram videos using Animaker in these three easy steps:
- Open the Animaker’s video resizer. Once you are on the page, select the dimensions you want to resize your Video to; in this case, it’s either square (1:1) or vertical (4:5), or portrait (9:16).
- Upload the video you want to resize. However, you could scale and reposition the Video to fit the dimensions perfectly.
- Click on the “Resize” icon at the top right corner of the Video. Hold and drag the edges of the Video to scale and reposition it by just holding and removing it.
- Immediately you are done, click on the green button that says “Apply” to save the changes made.
- Tap on the orange button at the top right corner that says “Download” to download the Video.
How to Use Kapwing to Resize Instagram Videos
Kapwing is another online video editor that quickly resizes Instagram videos.
- Go to the site and navigate to its “Video Resizer” page.
- Once you are on the page, you can upload your Video from your local computer or a URL.
- Pick the dimensions you want to resize based on the type of Instagram video you want to post.
- Also, you can scale your Video and adjust its position.
- Now, click on the big red button that says “CREATE”! to download the Video.
- That’s it!
How to Use EZGIF to Resize Instagram Videos
EZGIF allows you to resize a video to the customized dimensions of your choice.
- Visit the site and go to the “Resize” page. Once you are on the page, click on the “Choose File” button to select the Video from your computer.
- After choosing the Video, click on the “Upload” button to upload the Video.
- Enter the width and height you want to resize Instagram videos and click on the “Resize video” button.
- Finally, click on the “save” button to download the resized Video to your computer.
- That’s all!
How to Resize Instagram Videos for Free
After you are done with the video shooting part, it’s time to resize Instagram videos. Make sure you download FilmForth from Microsoft and be extremely careful when downloading from third-party platforms.
Once you have successfully downloaded FilmForth, follow the steps below:
Create a New Project and Import the Video
Launch FilmForth, and click on the New Project button to begin a project for the Instagram video. Now import a video by dragging and dropping one onto the timeline. The traditional way of Adding Video and Photo clips can also do the same.
Enter Aspect Ratio Menu via the Shortcut
Check above the timeline; you will see an aspect ratio button. Tap on it to access the menu. The alternate way to access it is from the project settings found on the project’s home screen.
Choose the Aspect Ratio for the Instagram Video
Once you have opened the aspect ratio menu, choose the 9:16 ratio meant for IGTV/TikTok since we are resizing the Video for a reel. Tap the back button to access the main video edit menu.
Transform the Video with the aid of Scale Slider
Navigate to the Transform menu from the dashboard and move the Scale slider to the right until the screen’s vertical box is filled. The default value of the slider is 1.000. After this, with the aid of your mouse pointer, place the main elements inside the vertical box for inclusion in the Video.
Now, go back to the main menu and tap on the Save Video button for exporting the Instagram video.
How to Compress Instagram Videos for Instagram Directly and Easily
In addition to the method mentioned above, Wondershare UniConverter also allows you to compress the video files directly and quickly for Instagram. If you don’t need batch compression or edit videos, you can select this method to compress video size quickly. Below are the steps that will help you compress Instagram videos directly and easily:
Click on the Video Compressor button after you launch the Wondershare UniConverter.
Add Videos to Compress
You will need to add videos by clicking the “+” or Document icon. Choose your local files and click the Open button to import.
Make Compression Settings
Customize your compress settings, including the File Size, Resolution, Format, and others. Move the progress bar to modify the compress settings quickly. Although, you are allowed to preview the compressed videos for 20 seconds by clicking the Preview button.
Compress Instagram Videos
Finally, select your file location and tap on the Compress button to compress your video size for Instagram. If you don’t need batch conversion, then the Start All button will be your best choice to compress your videos for Instagram.
How to Make the Best Instagram Videos
Everything might look good and ready but keep these tips in mind while making your next Instagram video:
- Always choose the natural light for the videos. Never allow that frustrates your efforts. When done right, artificial light sources can also do wonders; note the contrast. Therefore, light up and let your camera take it from there.
- Please focus on the subject squarely and don’t let it be blurred. Click on your phone’s camera to focus on the face, and tap right or left to take out the focus from them.
- Note that your first impression can be your last impression. People scroll past the content from time to time. It would be best to entice them with a thumbnail that fascinates a play on your post. Add a thumbnail via the cover tap and choose the frame that will likely result in more fixtures and views.
- Keep it concise so that viewers don’t get bored. The ever-decreasing attention cannot be held for an average of 3-10 seconds. Get straight to the point in that window to see a better completion rate.
- Upload the Video in the highest quality possible. Although, Instagram tends to compress the videos for saving on bandwidth and increasing accessibility to users of various demographics.
Now, over to you to try out the practical aspect of the article. Find what works for your audience. Instagram doesn’t auto crop the videos anymore, unlike before, leaving it in an awkward ratio inside the accepted dimensions. Therefore, it is better to do it before uploading using FilmForth. It’s straightforward, doesn’t cost a dime, and this gets the job done within a couple of minutes on a first try.
Resizing your Instagram videos helps you be a more ingenious content creator because you save time and energy by saving your existing content into the original content for other platforms. When you resize Instagram videos, it also helps maximize your content’s lifespan. It makes your videos more accepted and digest the content better for viewers on other platforms. Now, step up your IG game and start resizing some amazing Instagram videos!
Let’s know if this article helped you resize Instagram videos in the comment section below. Start making great sales and build a large database of customers.