This article will explain how to uninstall Zoom from your MAC. Zoom is a popular cloud-based video conferencing application that makes calls, remote meetings, and remote collaboration simple.
Zoom provides you with the most ease of starting a video or web conference. With video, audio, screen sharing, and other features, the meeting platform can be described as a one-size-fits-all solution for all of your company’s needs, including meetings, chats, video webinars, conference rooms, phone systems, and more.
Like any other program, Zoom generates a large number of service files that aid in the program’s proper operation. These files might fill up your disk memory over time, causing your Mac to slow down.
In addition to Zoom, a web server is installed on macOS, which continues to run in the background even after the user has exited the application. Furthermore, dragging and dropping Zoom into the Trash will not remove the web server. If you click on a conference link, it will continue to function and can even be re-downloaded to your computer.
If you’ve decided to utilize another video conferencing service and Zoom is no longer required, it’s best to uninstall it fully and delete the software, as well as all of its service files.
The different methods to uninstall Zoom from your MAC are discussed below.
Recommended: How to uninstall Zoom from your Windows computer.
How to Uninstall Zoom from your MAC Manually
You can manually find and delete the Zoom app and its supporting folders by following the outlined steps.
- Launch the Zoom program.
- Select the Uninstall Zoom option from the Zoom menu bar.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
- Although the app has been removed, all of its service files remain in your Mac’s secret library. To get rid of Zoom’s remnants, keep following the instructions.
- Open the Finder window, then select Go in a Menu Bar from the menu bar.
- Select Go to Folder now.
- Click the Go button after typing /Library.
- You must now locate and delete all files and folders with the word zoom in their names.
- To locate Zoom’s service files, look in the following locations:
- /Library/Saved Application State
- Empty your Bin after you’ve deleted all of the service files.
If you have followed the steps highlighted above, you have uninstall Zoom from your MAC.
How to Uninstall Zoom from your MAC using Zoom Uninstaller
Zoom has a built-in uninstaller that you can use to uninstall Zoom from your MAC.
To use the built-in uninstaller, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open the Zoom application on your MAC.
- Select Zoom.us at the top of your screen and click Uninstall Zoom.
- To confirm that you wish to remove the Zoom app and all of its components right now, select OK.
- Once the Zoom has been deleted from your Mac, you should follow the steps outlined above to delete any remaining files and directories.
- Finally, restart your Mac to have all of the changes take effect.
Uninstall Zoom from your MAC using a Third Party Application
You can uninstall Zoom from your MAC using a professional uninstaller such as the Osx installer. Osx Uninstaller makes it easy to get rid of unwanted software, regardless of your present technical knowledge or experience. This is a step-by-step guide on how to uninstall Zoom from your Mac using OSx.
- Launch the Osx Uninstaller after downloading it.
- Then, select the Zoom application on the right-hand side of the Step 1 screen.
- Now, select Run Analysis from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can use the search bar to discover the Zoom app quickly.
- Uninstall everything by clicking Complete Uninstall.
- Then select Yes to confirm that you want to remove Zoom right now.
- The Osx Uninstaller software will automatically delete all residual files. Restart your Mac when you’ve finished to apply the changes.
You have successfully uninstalled zoom and its associated files from your MAC if you have followed these steps.
How to Delete your Zoom Account
Whether you use the free or premium version of Zoom, canceling your account is an easy process. On the other hand, Paid users must cancel their memberships before their accounts may be deactivated, according to Zoom.
After canceling your subscription according to Zoom’s instructions, follow the steps below to deactivate your account.
- Using your preferred web browser, log in to your account on the Zoom website. You won’t be able to delete your account from within the app; instead, you’ll have to go to Zoom’s web portal.
- Click My Account in the upper right-hand corner of the screen once you’ve logged in.
- A side panel will appear, containing options and headers such as Personal and Admin. Under the Admin section, select Account Management.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Go to Account Profile in that menu, then select the “Terminate my account” link.
- A popup will appear on the screen, requesting that you provide a verification code to the email address on file. It will send the code if you click Send. You’ll have one minute to complete it before proceeding to the next screen.
- When you enter the code, a window will ask you to confirm account termination.
- After you confirm, you’ll be sent back to the Zoom homepage, where you’ll receive a message stating that your account has been successfully deleted.
After that, your account will be permanently deleted, and you’ll have to create a new one if you want to use Zoom again. You won’t be able to recover any of your old account information, so save everything you need before deleting it.
In summary, this article has explained the availabe methods you can use to uninstall zoom from your MAC, and how to permanently delete your Zoom account.