YouTube has since become a hub where a vast majority of people get answers and learn from, but unfortunately, not many know how to successfully update the YouTube App, which is why this article will take you through how to successfully update your YouTube App.
YouTube is an online streaming television platform that provides a simple way for people to store videos online and share them with others.
The fun thing is that these YouTube videos usually cover a wide range of topics that anyone cares to upload a video(content) about . Meanwhile, people who create these videos , otherwise known as content, are called YouTubers.
YouTube is designed such that it is remotely compatible and can be used on almost every device, i.e PCs, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, once that device is connected to the internet.
Due to the fact, that YouTube is ranked as the second largest search engine next to Google, the video streaming App has now become very popular as content creators keep churning out over 100 hours of video per minute to the site. Therefore, making the platform one of the best ways to communicate to a wide audience, whether you’re promoting programs or providing information.
For one to be able to access YouTube as a content creator(YouTuber), there must open and own a YouTube channel, and this channel is where they get to group the videos they make and upload, for their subscribers to watch, like and comment on.
Then, the channels will have a web address (URL) that they can promote on their website or marketing material, so people can subscribe to the channel. Basically, that is how YouTube works.
Now,this article will be comprehensive enough, to discuss the reasons why you should update your YouTube App and then how to update the YouTube App proper. We will also go further to discuss how you can fix updating YouTube App not responding, so let’s get right to it.
Why You Should Update Your YouTube App
For you to have the an optimum experience with the YouTube app, you must know and regularly update your YouTube App.
Each time you update your YouTube App to its most up-to-date version, you get to enjoy new features, like;
- A faster and smoother experience.
- An improved performance that makes your smartphone perform better.
- Better security upgrades that ensures your personal data are safe and secure.
- Updates also help to fix issues faced by users such as bugs.
- Lastly, when you update your YouTube channel, it makes content more readily available than it was before. (like offline features, notifications, widgets, etc).
How To Update Your YouTube App
Like we said earlier, YouTube is compatible with many devices, so we will take you through, how you can update YouTube, both on IOS devices and Android devices, as well.
How to Update YouTube on IOS Device (iPhone, iPads) Manually
- You will start by going to the App Store, on your IOS device.
- Then, select your profile picture.
- From there, you will swipe down to see pending updates and if your YouTube App is outdated, you’ll see it in the Updates section.
- So, just go ahead and click Next to the YouTube logo.
- Then, tap Update and the App will be updated to the latest version.
How to Update YouTube on Android Device Manually
For Android devices, you will access YouTube via the Google Play Store. So, start by;
- Opening the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu.
- From there, My apps & games pops at you.
- Then, you will search to see if YouTube has an available Update, Apps with available updates are labeled “Update.”
- The good thing about Android devices, is that you can update all your Apps that are necessary for a update at once or you can choose to update just an App(in this case, your YouTube App).
- So, since your concern is to update the YouTube App, go ahead and find it and then tap Update.
How To Update YouTube on Android Automatically
What the automatic method basically entails, is that you turn on “Automatic Update” of your YouTube App on your device, so that the update happens whenever a new version is available without you even having to interfere. So to get that done;
- Open the Google Play Store app, just like you did for the manual update.
- You will see your profile icon, at the top right of the screen. Tap on it.
- A set of instructions pops up, click on Manage apps & device.
- Then, tap Manage, and search for the YouTube App.
- To access the App further, open the app’s “Details” page, by tapping the app.
- On the app’s “Details” page, tap More.
- Then turn on Enable Auto Update, which will pop up on your screen.
- This is how you automatically update your YouTube App.
- To turn off, simply Disable Auto Update.
- Usually, when you update some apps, they will require new permissions, so you may get some notifications asking whether you accept the new permissions, to which you just have to tap YES.
- Whenever you need to search for a particular app, tap MANAGE APPS AND DEVICES, MANAGE.
- If the app has an update available, the “UPDATE” button appears on the app’s “DETAILS” page.
How To Fix YouTube Update Not Responding
The steps below explains in details how to fix unable to update the YouTube app on your phone or Chrome following the steps above.
1. Check if YouTube is Down
The first thing you should do if your YouTube App is not updating, is to check if YouTube is down in your region. So, you could just try to play a video, to see if YouTube is working.
2. Clear Cache, Data and Cookies
Another thing you should do if your YouTube App is not updating, is to clear the app cache, because often times, a full cache is responsible for YouTube failing to update. So, to clear cache, do this;
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Click Applications, then Application manager
- From there, Storage will pop up, click YouTube.
- Then click Clear Cache.
This is how you clear cache on YouTube.
Always endeavour to update your YouTube App, for a more fulfilling YouTube time.