In this article, I’ll be giving quick and easy ways to prompt a Hulu activate on Samsung Smart TV. Following this guide carefully would take you through the know-hows in the activation process of Hulu on your Samsung Smart TV.
Hulu is a renowned streaming app that has been in existence for several years. It has paved a path in today’s world of streaming. Hulu offers a wide array of top-notch TV shows, movies, and series from various channels it offers.
The Hulu app is available on very specific streaming devices such as Samsung Smart TV, certain versions of Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox series, PS4, Apple TV and, many more.
Activating Hulu on Samsung Smart TV requires you to download the app, sign up to the Hulu app, and working out the activation process. Should you encounter any issues streaming Hulu on your device upon activation? I’ll let you know how to detect streaming issues on your Samsung smart TV and ways to fix them.
Installing the App: Hulu activate on Samsung Smart TV
The first step towards activating Hulu on your Samsung Smart Tv is to download the app to your TV. To do this, simply go through the following steps.
- On your Samsung TV Home Screen, simply press the Samsung Smart Hub button.
- Under the Samsung Smart Hub, select Apps.
- You would notice the search icon (a magnifying glass) at the top corner of your TV.
- Click on the search icon and type in the search box “Hulu” and select done.
- The Hulu app would appear in the search list. Simply select it and click download.
- Once the download is complete, the App would automatically be installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Signing up to the App: Hulu activate on Samsung Smart TV
After the download of the App, the next step is to sign up by creating a new Hulu account if you are a new user or logging into your Hulu account if you are an existing user. To sign up, follow these simple steps.
- Take your mobile phone or desktop and visit https://www.hulu.com/welcome.
- You would see a button labeled, “START YOUR FREE TRIAL.” click on this button to start a free trial on Hulu. The app offers a month’s free trial to new users.
- After clicking the button, you would be directed to a page where you would be prompted to select a subscription plan. Selecting a plan would not cancel your free trial for the first month, however. Hulu offers a very flexible pricing plan which you can choose from.
- Once you’ve chosen a subscription plan, you would be directed to a page where you would be asked to enter your personal information such as your email address, password, and other credentials. Click “Continue” once you are done.
- Now you would be taken to a screen where you would be requested to enter your payment option. choose a payment option that’s suitable for you. Selecting a credit/debit card would require you to enter your card number, security code and, expiration date. Choosing Paypal would bring a field to fill in your account information.
- Submit the information once you are done.
Note that you can also use the Hulu app you downloaded on your Smart TV to sign up. The step in signing up is similar to mobile.
Activating the App: Hulu activate on Samsung Smart TV
After downloading the Hulu App and signing up to the App on your smart TV. The next step is activating the app on your Samsung Smart TV. To do this, you would need to get an activation code and use the activation code on the Hulu activate on the Samsung Smart TV website. Follow these easy steps to do this:
Getting the activation code
- Simply go to your app list on your Samsung TV and search for Hulu.
- Launch the Hulu app once found.
- Sign in to the Hulu App using your login credentials.
- Once you log in, you would see an alphanumeric code appear on the screen of your Samsung Smart TV.
- This code is your activation code. you can either write it down or take a mental note of this.
Using the activation code
- Take your mobile phone or desktop and search https://secure.hulu.com/activate.
- On this site, fill in the activation code you saved or wrote down.
- Once this is done, your Samsung Smart Tv would automatically be connected to Hulu and you can start streaming your favorite TV shows.
Troubleshooting the app: Hulu Activate on Samsung Smart TV
During or after activation of the Hulu App on your Samsung Smart TV, you could experience some issues in streaming Hulu on your Samsung TV. Here are some tips that can help you fix this.
- Check your internet connection: The first step in fixing issues with streaming on Hulu is to confirm if your internet connection is still working. try launching other apps on your Samsung Smart TV to see if you are experiencing similar issues with these apps. If you are experiencing connection issues, reach out to your network service provider to solve this.
- Check if the Hulu server is down Hulu servers sometimes undergo maintenance. Some other times, they could crash. You can use a tool like Downdetector to see if other people are also experiencing this same issue. If the issue is from Hulu, you can contact Hulu customer support to fix this.
- Restart Hulu: Simply restarting Hulu could solve several problems the app could face. you should also restart your Samsung Smart TV by unplugging it from the power outlet and reconnecting it. wait for about a minute before reconnecting your Samsung Smart TV.
- Check your connection strength: The recommended network strength to stream should be around 3mb/s. To watch live TV, at least 8mb/s is recommended connection speed. On your Samsung Smart TV, you can check your connection speed on Settings >> Network Settings >> Speed Testing App.
- Update the Hulu App: An outdated Hulu app can cause streaming problems. ensure you are on the latest version of the Hulu App. On the Samsung Smart TV, Hulu usually automatically updates itself but you can still confirm this by checking on the Hulu App.
- Clear the Hulu app cache: you would find this by going to settings and the Applications on your Samsung Smart TV. If this option cannot be found, simply go to the next step.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the App: This is the final way to troubleshoot the app if all other options aren’t working.
This guide has been carefully researched and written to help you fix any issues relating to hulu activate on Samsung Smart Tv. With this guide, you should be able to download, sign up and activate Hulu on Samsung Smart TVs with ease. if you have further issues in activating the app, simply let us know in the comment section below. you may also want to check out how to activate Hulu on Apple TV.