If you are a regular user of Netflix, the popular streaming platform you would have at one time or the other run into the error code UI 3012. The Netflix error code ui3012 primarily occurs as a result of interference between weak Wi-Fi signal strength, the extensions, and addons on your browser as well as restrictions related to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). As a result, you will get the error code below:
“Whoops, something went wrong…Unexpected Error. Please reload the page and try again.”
In some cases, some users who encounter this error only need to reload the page to get rid of it, but most times it does not work. How then do you fix a Netflix error code UI3012?
Steps to Fix Netflix Error Code ui3012
Below are 6 steps to take to fix Netflix error code ui3012 while streaming.
1. Check Internet Connection to fix error code ui3012
Before proceeding deeper into the steps to take to fix the error, first of all, make sure you check your internet connectivity to affirm that you have an internet connection that is stable and working effectively.
2. Restart your Network
There could be a glitch in communication between the Netflix server and your device network. This, therefore, can cause a Netflix error code ui3012 to display. Therefore, if you are sure your internet connection is good enough, restart your network device or equipment. This could be a modem, router, or something different as the case may be. To this, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your computer as well as your modem/router.
- Unplug your modem/router from the power source.
- Wait for about before plugging back in and powering it on.
- Make sure you wait for the lights of the modem/router to be stable.
- Switch on your computer system and check if the Netflix error code ui3012 has been cleared. Netflix should be working fine. If not, no worries, there are more steps to try, and one will definitely work for you.
3. Improve Wi-Fi strength to fix Netflix error
If the signal coming from your Wi-Fi is not strong enough, it will affect your internet connection, which would, in turn, cause Netflix error UI3012 to display on your screen. To improve your Wi-Fi signals, follow the steps below:
- Move your device much closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- If there are any electrical or magnetic interference, remove them. These interferences could be televisions, phones, and microwave oven that are in the same room in which your Wi-Fi is located. If itis impossible to remove these items. Turn them off.
- Your Wi-Fi router should be placed at the height of about 3 to 4 feet. In addition, the area around it is empty in every direction.
- Netflix should be working fine now, but in case the error ui3012 has not been cleared, use an Ethernet connection from your modem.
4. Disable Your Browser Extensions
While it is true that the add ons and extensions of a browser bring more functionality, in cases like this, it is the enemy, and you will need to get rid of all extensions. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Firefox browser
- Click on the three vertical bars at the top right corner.
- Select Add-ons.
- If you suspect a specific add on, find it and toggle the switch, so it is in an off position. In case you do not know which to disable, disable all.
- Check to see if Netflix is working, and the Netflix error code ui3012 has been cleared.
5. Change your network to fix Netflix error code
If problems persist, change your network. Internet Service Providers make use of a host of diverse protocols to control web traffic to ensure the safety of their users. However, while doing this, they block network access to resources needed by legit applications. Therefore, to get by this problem, the best thing to do is to change your network. In cases whereby there are no other networks available for you, it is a good idea to switch to your phone’s mobile hotspot.
Check to confirm if Netflix error code UI3012 has been cleared.
6. Reset Your Network
Over time, it is possible that has a user you have made some custom changes to your network that you may not be aware of or you may have forgotten. In addition, the use of a proxy server or VPN causes a lot of problems regarding internet connectivity. All these could cause the Netflix error code UI3012 to display.
Therefore, you will need to reset or restore your network to default in order to get rid of the error code. You will as well need to disable the VPN/proxy you are using. Follow the steps below to reset your network:
- First, turn off your VPN or proxy.
- Search for “Network Reset” on your computer. Click Network Reset in the result.
- Tap confirm in the prompt to reset your network.
- Restart your system.
- After restarting, check and Netflix error code UI3012 would have been cleared.