A” lot of Nexus 5X users are complaining about the device bootloop. The question on how to fix the Nexus 5X Bootloop is almost seen in popular forums. However, the bootloop Nexus 5X is not a problem without a solution.
Therefore, if you are among the few people whose Nexus 5X has the bootloop problem, here in this guide you will learn how to fix your Nexus 5X bootloop problem with this do it yourself [DIY] guide.
What Does Bootloop Means in Nexus 5X
When you power on your Nexus 5X or LG you expect it to boot past the welcome logo. However, the booting may remain without reaching the welcome logo such that you can access the device home screen. At this time, what you are experiencing is called bootloop problem. A bootloop problem is when your phone says Google Nexus 5X or LG failed to boot past the welcome logo which results in a sequence booting.
They are two popular ways to fix bootloop in Nexus 5X or LG device. A bootloop can be fixed flashing a firmware on the affecting device or by simply do a factory reset on the device. However, if the bootloop problem is hardware bootloop problem, the only solution to fix the issue is to RMA the phone.
This is to tell you that the Nexus 5X bootloop problem is not a new problem. Therefore, if you are having challenges with your Nexus 5X booting you are not alone. A lot of people are also searching for solutions on how to fix Nexus 5X bootloop.
A fast approach used by many to fix bootloop in Nexus is using the TWRP recovering tool to fix the problem which requires a modified version of TWRP. Here in this article, I will share with you the easiest approach to fix the bootloop problem.
Nexus 5X Bootloop “How to Fix in 5 Steps”
To fix Nexus 5X bootloop problem…
1. Download the latest ADB and Fastboot binaries in zip form and extract the files into a new folder on your computer desktop.
2. Install the latest Google’s USB Drivers for Windows users
3. Download and save N2G47Z_4Cores.img file into the same folder with the ADB and Fastboot binaries
4. Connect the Nexus 5X with a bootloop problem to your computer using a USB cable and do not tamper with it during this time. Tampering with your phone this time is very risky.
5. Open the ADB and Fastboot binaries folder and launch the command prompt for Windows or terminal for Mac.
6. Boot the Nexus 5X into a bootloader mode or Fastboot mode
7. Execute the command “fastboot devices” in the command prompt or terminal your opened
8. Now, after you have entered the command prompt above you should see your phone serial number otherwise you should check whether your phone is properly connected to your computer via the USB.
9. Replace the current boot image in the command prompt with “fastboot flash boot N2G47Z_4Cores.img”
10. Restart your phone directly from your computer at your command prompt with “fastboot reboot” command.
Wait for some couple of minutes for your phone to restart. Meanwhile, it may take sometimes for the restart to begin, just give it sometimes and see your phone come up and boot past the welcome logo.
Congratulations you have successfully fixed your Nexus 5X bootloop without stress. However, you can also flash the modified TWRP on the device but it’s not really necessary since you can use this to unlock the bootloader.