There are few reasons why you need the Telstra webmail. Apart from the regular use of email, the Telstra webmail is useful when it comes to Monitor your calls and data usage, view and pay your bills, Manage your Telstra services, and Order product and services online. So, here, we will explicitly consider the Telstra webmail login properties and how to get the best out of the BigPond webmail service.
What is Telstra Webmail?
Telstra webmail is an email service recommended for all Telstra service users to manage and monitor their Telstra profile and account. While creating the Telstra webmail login you would have three options to choose from which are email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com).
So, in this guide, we will walk you through how to create and manage Telstra webmail login and the best Telstra webmail extension to choose from.
firstname.lastname@example.org VS email@example.com VS firstname.lastname@example.org
Which of these Telstra email extension is best or which one should you go for? Well, the response to this question isn’t far from reality. Telstra owns the entire webmail extension. However, I personally considered @bigpond.net.au too long while both @Telstra.com and @bigpond.com are considered better than the previous one. Meanwhile, both Telstra webmail login extension work, in the same way, to be able to remember your webmail extension, the email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org is highly recommended.
Therefore, in the course of this article, we will consider either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can go for the email@example.com login extension since they both work in the same.
Create Telstra Webmail Login
Following the procedures below, you will be able to create a free Telstra webmail login to manage your Telstra profile and order products and services online.
- Go to the Telstra webmail login page on a web browser [on a phone or computer/laptop].
- Scroll down the page until you get to “Reasons to register online” and click on “Register Now.”
- You will be directed to the “Telstra Webmail” registration page. You will be prompted to register with your “Telstra ID.” And there are three options that available. Telstra webmail login for personal customers, business customers, and enterprise customers.
- If you want to create a personal account select personal customers and click on “Register for My Account.” Repeat the same process for other customers [business and enterprise].
- You will then be redirected to https://myid.telstra.com/register/ to create your Telstra ID. However, make sure you get the following ready. Mobile phone, or Fixed phone number, or account number. Now, click on the “Get Started” button.
- For Telstra to be able to capture your credentials fill the Telstra ID form, check “I’m not a robot” and click on the “Next” button.
- Enter your account details, select the means of registration under “provide one of the following” and click on the “Next” tab.
Follow the on-screen instruction to create your Telstra ID and then proceed to create your Telstra webmail login.
How to Setup Telstra Webmail on Android
Willing to set up Telstra webmail on your smartphone? Follow the procedures below.
- Go to your Android phone “Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Accounts” and select “Add Account” in preparation to add Telstra to your Android phone.
- Find and select “Email” under “Add an account.”
- Enter your Telstra webmail login username and password. Your Telstra webmail username should be written in full like firstname.lastname@example.org or user@bigpond or email@example.com where the user represents your Telstra username and click on the “Next” button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds while Telstra check for the information you provided. Under the “Sync settings” you can modify the settings or leave it like that and click on the “Next” button.
- In the account, input “Telstra webmail” or “Telstra Mail” and click on the “Next” button.
- Done. Your Telstra account is now properly set up on your android phone and henceforth you will be able to receive your Telstra email [inbox] notification.
Note: If the automatic setup above didn’t work on your Android phone then you will need to go for the manual approach. So, here we will take a look at how to configure the Telstra webmail on your phone use a manual approach.
Don’t Miss: How to Activate Stan
- Go to your smartphone settings by swiping down your phone notification tray or through the device settings icon in the menu.
- Select “Accounts” >> Add account >> Email.
- Under “Setup Email” select “others” if prompted otherwise enter your Telstra login username and password and click on the “Manual Setup” button. Do not forget to add the Telstra extension after the username as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select “IMAP” from the list of the option on the “Telstra webmail” manual setup.
- Enter your email address username, repeat it again, enter your password, enter “imap.telstra.com” in the “IMAP SERVER” and make the security type is set as “SSL” and port:993 and then select the “Next” tab.
- You will be taken to the “Outgoing serve settings” and enter “smtp.telstra.com” in the “SMTP” column, select “SSL” in the security tab and make sure the port is set to 465 and don’t forget to check “Require sign-in” tab.
- Click on “Next” and “Next” again. if you want to receive your Telstra email notification check “notify mean when email arrives.”
- Input the “Account Name” as “Telstra Webmail” or “Telstra Mail” depending on your choice and select the “Done” tab to finish the email settings on your device.
How to Setup Telstra Webmail on Windows 10
Following the procedures below, you will be able to set up Telstra webmail on your Windows 10 and receive all notifications on your device.
- Launch your Windows 10 Mail and select “Settings”.
- Select “Manage Account” >> Add Account.
- Select other options “IMAP, POP” from the list.
- Enter your Telstra email address and the password and select “Sign In”. Don’t forget to enter your Telstra email as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Click on “Done.” And now, your Telstra webmail should be successfully set up on your Windows 10 computer.
You can play around with the Telstra email settings on your Windows 10 if the automatic settings above aren’t working. This, however, requires you to set up a new IMPA or POP or SMTP and their respective port.
- While in the Windows 10 mail settings go to “Account Settings” under “Manage Account.”
- To update the Telstra webmail settings on your Windows OS select “Change mailbox sync settings.” Once you have altered to your preferred settings navigate back to the account settings. This depends on your choice though.
- Select the “Advanced settings option” and update the server settings with the following
- For ‘Incoming email server’ enter: imap.telstra.com: 993:1
- Make sure ‘Use the same username and password for sending email’ is
- Make sure ‘Require SSL for incoming email’ is ticked
- For ‘Outgoing (SMTP) email server’ enter: smtp.telstra.com: 465:1
- Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication is ticked
- Make sure ‘Require SSL for outgoing email is ticked
- Select “Done.”
Troubleshoot Telstra BigPond Webmail Login
Follow the tips below to troubleshoot your Telstra Bigpond webmail login. Meanwhile, make sure the following are intact.
- Make sure that you have a valid Telstra email login. You should be able to identify your Telstra email extension as @telstra.com or @bigpond.com or @bigpond.net.au.
- Make sure you remember the Telstra login detail you use during the creation of your Telstra email address. This will make it easy for you to reset your Telstra email password.
And now, follow the procedures below to troubleshoot your Telstra Bigpond webmail login to regain access to your Telstra email account if you forgot the account password.
- Go to Telstra email sign-in page.
- Select “Forgot” in the password column. This will provide an option to reset.
- Enter your Telstra username and click on the “Continue” button. For Bigpond users that login with a business ID or account number, you need to provide that as well before clicking on the continue button.
Follow the instruction on the screen to reset your Telstra password. After that, you have a set a new password for your Telstra webmail account to manage and monitor your profile and bills, navigate back to the Telstra sign-in page and sign in to your Telstra webmail account.
Telstra Can’t Send or Receive Email on Outlook
If your Telstra email isn’t working on Windows outlook follow the tips in this section to troubleshoot and fix it.
- Check your Telstra email password.
- Confirm the username and the extension.
- Adjust the junk mail filter.
- Check server settings. Please go over this article again to see if you are missing something.
To confirm that you are using the right information when you signed in to your Telstra webmail but cannot send or receive email. Launch the Microsoft Outlook mail >> File >> Account settings. A new pop up will appear. Double-click on your email and re-enter the correct username and password.
After you have carried out the stated steps above the email should be working fine. However, if the issue if with a forgotten Telstra email password, you can request a new password via the Telstra support page.
With the steps in this blog post you should be able to create a new Telstra ID, Telstra email ID, reset your Telstra password, configure your Telstra webmail manually or automatically and troubleshoot the Telstra Bigpond webmail login in case you ran into a problem.