I have gone for days searching for how to fix Paramount Plus not working on Samsung Smart TV after we published how to activate the Paramount Plus app on a Samsung smart TV. If you miss the article, we recommend that you should go to this page to read it.
Therefore, if you are experiencing buffering errors or Paramount Plus content not loading on your Samsung smart TV, you will be able to fix the error after reading this article.
With the Paramount Plus not loading error on your Samsung smart TV, you will not be able to watch your favorite shows, movies, and episodes.
The Paramount Plus not working on Samsung smart TV could extend to not being able to watch Live programs. And if you keep scrolling, you will likely see a blank screen with no content to stream or watch.
So, if these are a few of what you experienced with the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung smart TV, this article will provide a step-by-step approach to resolve the issue.
Paramount Plus not Working on Samsung Smart TV.
If you follow the steps we discussed in this article, you will be able to activate Paramount Plus on Samsung smart TV. But, if the Paramount Plus app is not working on your Samsung smart following the steps above, follow the steps below to fix the error.
Edit your Samsung Smart TV DNS to Match your Router
If your Router or WiFi and Samsung Smart DNS is different, you will likely experience Paramount Plus not working on the Samsung smart TV. So, it is advisable to make sure that the two devices have the same DNS if the feature is not set to “Obtain Automatically” on your smart TV.
Therefore, here, we will discuss how to manage and change your Samsung Smart TV DNS and enter the Router DNS to fix not working Paramount Plus on your Samsung TV.
- Power on your Samsung smart TV.
- Press your TV remote “Menu” or “Source.”
- Navigate to “Network” and select it.
- Choose “Network Status” from the screen.
- Click on “IP Settings.”
- Choose the “DNS Settings” option.
- Choose “Enter Manually” if it’s set to “Obtain automatically.”
- Input your Router or WiFi DNS address
- Press OK.
With the DNS set to the WiFi or Router DNS the Paramount Network not working on your Samsung TV should be fixed.
Meanwhile, I recommend that you should use the automatic option to be able to watch your favorite Paramount Plus movies or live program when you are not connecting to the same WiFi whose DNS is used on your Samsung smart TV.
Update your Samsung Smart TV Firmware
If changing your Samsung Smart TV DNS to match with your Router’s or WiFi‘s DNS does not fix the Paramount Plus lagging or not loading with a blank screen on the device, then you want to consider updating the smart device firmware.
Don’t miss how to activate Paramount Plus on all smart and streaming devices.
Therefore, in this part of the article, we will consider how to update your Samsung Smart TV firmware to fix Paramount Plus not working on Samsung Smart TV.
- Switch on your Samsung smart TV and press the “Home” button.
- Use the navigation button to navigate to “Settings” and press “OK” to select it.
- Scroll down to select “Supports.”
- Choose “Software Update.”
- Select “Update Now.” The Smart TV will search for a new update manually and install it on the TV if there is an update available.
Meanwhile, to automatically update your Samsung Smart TV choose the option to update the device online whenever there is an update available. This will ease the stress of doing a manual update each time.
Delete the Paramount Plus App and Reinstall the App
Most times, when apps are not working on my Samsung Smart TV, and I choose to remove the aPP and reinstall it, I often find a solution to the problem doing this. This approach will not only remove the app but will also clear the app cache and data.
Delete App on Samsung Smart TV
Follow the steps below to manage and delete/remove the Paramount Plus app from your Samsung smart TV.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Open up the TV menu by pressing the “Home” button once.
- Use the arrow key to navigate to “Apps” and press “OK.”
- Navigate to “Settings” to the top right and select it.
- Find and select “Paramount Plus app” from the list.
- Choose “Delete >>Delete.”
The Paramount Plus app will be removed from your Samsung Smart TV. Do not proceed to reinstall the app instantly. Restart your smart TV and follow the steps below to reinstall the paramount Plus app on your Samsung TV.
Reinstall the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung TV
Take the following steps to reinstall the Paramount Plus app on your Samsung smart TV after you have restarted your TV.
- Power on the TV (Samsung Smart TV).
- Navigate to “Apps” and sign in to your Samsung account.
- Search for “Paramount+” and select it.
- Click on “Install” to download and app on your TV.
Now, follow the steps that we share in this article on how to activate Paramount Plus on Samsung TV to activate the newly installed app on your Samsung TV.
Cold Boot your Samsung Smart TV
Another step to consider to fix the Paramount Plus app not working on Samsung Smart TV is to cold boot your TV. We don’t do this often, but it’s a better way to fix apps or TV malfunctioning.
- Power off your Samsung smart TV.
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket.
- Wait for about 5 to 30 minutes.
- Plug the TV into the wall socket and turn on the TV
With what we have in this article, we believe that the Paramount Plus not working on Samsung Smart TV should be fixed.