UBA secure pass is an app to generate OTA [One Time Passcode] to authorize transactions on a UBA account with either an Internet banking user ID or a mobile banking user ID. With or without using the UBA transfer code *919*3#, the UBA secure pass makes the transaction complete.
The UBA secure pass works for iPhone and Android users trying to complete a transaction without going into the banking hall. However, replaces the use of hard token generation to complete UBA money transfers.
This guide is put together to learn how to generate UBA secure pass USSD and use the code generated to complete the UBA transaction without the use of a UBA token.
To get UBA secure pass token you first need to download and install the app on your phone and activate it. Choose a name for the new token identity within the app, activate the app, create a new PIN and confirm it, and click on the submit button to pop up the OTP for the login.
To keep using the UBA secure app to generate a token to complete your account transaction, you only need to open the app, enter the PIN and a new token will pop up to complete your transaction.
What is Secure Pass in UBA
Secure pass is a UBA mobile app to generate token codes or one-time-password each time you want to make a transaction with your UBA account either by using USSD or internet banking. The secure pass in UBA simply replaced the hardware token to generate OTP to complete transactions. And it’s completely free.
The following smartphone OS can download and install the UBA secure pass app.
- iOS [iPhone/iPad]
- Windows Phone
Download UBA Secure Pass
To get the secure pass app for your UBA account to get the OTP code for each UBA bank transaction, you first need to download and install the secure pass app on your smartphone.
- Go to your app store and search for “UBA Secure Pass”. For Blackberry users, search for “U-Token
- Tap on install on Android, get on iPhone/iPad and add on Blackberry
- Wait for the app to install on your smartphone automatically
How do I get My user ID for UBA Secure Pass?
The next procedure is to create and complete your UBA internet banking registration. If you have an existing UBA internet banking user ID or UBA mobile banking ID. Following the procedures below, you would be able to create your UBA internet banking profile.
Skip this step if you already have a UBA internet banking login [username and password].
- Open your browser and visit UBA internet banking online registration form
- Type your UBA account number
- Enter the UBA ATM card’s first 6 digits
- Enter card PIN [PIN used to withdraw from ATM]
- Type the expiry date [Year-Mon]
- Click “Continue”
Follow the instruction on the screen to finish your UBA internet banking registration.
Recommended: GTBank Online Transfer
How to Login to UBA Secure Pass
Here is a step to sign in to the UBA secure pass app on your phone to generate the OTP code to complete your UBA transaction.
- Open the UBA secure pass app on your smartphone
- Select the country of your UBA account [We choose Nigeria for this article]
- Type the “OTP” sent to your registered phone number
- Click on “OK” to complete the login process
The procedures above will sign you into the app to start generating an OTP code to complete all transactions on your UBA bank account.
Request Secure Pass Service
Here is a step-by-step procedure to request for UBA secure pass service to start generating OTPs.
- Sign in to the UBA secure pass app
- Select “I‘d like to request a Secure Pass”
- Click on “OK” If you sign in to your secure pass app with your UBA internet banking ID. If you sign in with your Mobile Banking User ID skip this step.
- Enter a name for the new UBA token identity and click OK
- Click “Yes” when you are asked, “Have you downloaded and installed the UBA Secure Pass application onto your mobile device?”
- Click on “Activate UBA Secure Pass” on “Automatic Activation”
- Tap “Next” if the activation is successful [otherwise click “Cancel” for more information]
How to Generate UBA Secure Pass Token
Here is how to create your PIN and generate your UBA token using the UBA pass app on your smartphone.
- Activate UBA secure pass
- Click on the “Next button
- Input 4 digit PIN you can remember
- Re-input the PIN again to confirm it
- Click on the submit button
- OTP code will be generated.
Now, each and every time you need to pass through the above procedures to generate a one-time password using the UBA secure app with the help of the PIN.
UBA Secure Pass for USSD Transfer
The UBA secure pass is a mobile app that replaces the hardware token to generate OTP for all your transaction when transacting on your UBA account. Therefore, here we will discuss how to get the UBA secure pass for USSD transfer.
- Open the UBA secure pass app on your phone.
- Log in with your username and password [if you have not done that then you need to create an account].
- Choose “I‘d like to request a Secure Pass.”
- However, if you log into the UBA secure app with your “UBA internet banking user ID” you will be prompted to answer some security questions.
- Enter the requested answer and click on the “OK” button.
- Provide a name for your mobile USSD token identity.
- Click on “Yes” when asked “Have you downloaded and installed the UBA Secure Pass application onto your mobile device?
- Click on “Activate UBA Secure Pass” on the “activate your UBA Secure Pass Identity” page.
- Click on the “Next” button once you have activated your UBA secure pass.
- You will be prompted to create your 4-digit PIN. Enter your PIN and confirm it once again and click on the “Submit” button.
This token will be needed to generate your UBA secure pass for USSD transfer with this PIN [keep it safe] each time you want to make a transaction with your UBA secure pass for USSD transfer.
How to Get UBA Secure Pass Code
The following steps will guide you through how to get UBA secure pass code.
- Open the UBA secure pass.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN [the pin you created following the steps above].
- Your UBA secure pass code will be generated automatically.
Note: You need to generate your UBA secure pass code following the steps above each time you want complete a transaction.
1 thought on “How to Setup the UBA Secure Pass App to Generate OTPs”
Hallo frau oder herr bitte helfen
Meine UBA Karte bank PIN bitte antworten Lg Byad Ramona