UBA secure pass is an app to generate OTA [One Time Passcode] to authorize transactions on a UBA account with either Internet banking user ID or mobile banking user ID. With or without using the UBA transfer code *919*3#, the UBA secure pass makes the transaction complete.
The UBA secure pass works for iPhone and Android users trying to complete a transaction without going into the banking hall. However, replaces the use of hard token generation to complete UBA money transfer.
This guide is put together to learn how to generate UBA secure pass USSD and use the code generated to complete the UBA transaction without the use of a UBA token.
To get UBA secure pass token you first need to download and install the app on your phone and activate it. Choose a name for the new token identity within the app, activate the app, create a new PIN and confirm it, and click on the submit button to pop up the OTP for the login.
To keep using the UBA secure app to generate a token to complete your account transaction, you only need to open the app, enter the PIN and a new token will pop up to complete your transaction.
Table of Contents
The following smartphones OS can download and install the UBA secure pass app.
- iOS [iPhone/iPad]
- Windows phone
Download UBA Secure Pass
To get the secure pass app for your UBA account to get the OTP code for each UBA bank transaction, you first need to download and install the secure pass app on your smartphone.
- Go to your app store and search for “UBA Secure Pass”. For Blackberry users, search for “U-Token
- Tap on install on Android, get on iPhone/iPad and add on Blackberry
- Wait for the app to install on your smartphone automatically
How do I get My user ID for UBA Secure Pass?
The next procedure is to create and complete your UBA internet banking registration. If you have an existing UBA internet banking user ID or UBA mobile banking ID. Following the procedures below, you would be able to create your UBA internet banking profile.
Skip this step if you already have a UBA internet banking login [username and password].
- Open your browser and visit UBA internet banking online registration form
- Type your UBA account number
- Enter UBA ATM card first 6 digits
- Enter card PIN [PIN used to withdraw from ATM]
- Type the expiry date [Year-Mon]
- Click “Continue”
Follow the instruction on the screen to finish your UBA internet banking registration.
How to Login UBA Secure Pass
Here is a step to sign in to the UBA secure pass app on your phone to generate the OTP code to complete your UBA transaction.
- Open the UBA secure pass app on your smartphone
- Select the country of your UBA account [We choose Nigeria for this article]
- Type the “OTP” sent to your registered phone number
- Click on “OK” to complete the login process
The procedures above will sign you in to the app to start generating OTP code to complete all transaction on your UBA bank account.
Request Secure Pass Service
Here is a step-by-step procedure to request for UBA secure pass service to start generating OTPs.
- Sign in to the UBA secure pass app
- Select “I‘d like to request a Secure Pass”
- Click on “OK” If you sign in to your secure pass app with UBA internet banking ID. If you sign in with your Mobile Banking User ID skip this step.
- Enter a name for the new UBA token identity and click OK
- Click “Yes” when you are asked, “Have you downloaded and installed the UBA Secure Pass application onto your mobile device?”
- Click on “Activate UBA Secure Pass” on “Automatic Activation”
- Tap “Next” if the activation is successful [otherwise click “Cancel” for more information]
How to Generate UBA Secure Pass Token
Here is how to create your PIN and generate your UBA token using the UBA pass app on your smartphone.
- Activate UBA secure pass
- Click on the “Next button
- Input 4 digit PIN you can remember
- Re-input the PIN again to confirm it
- Click on the submit button
- OTP code will be generated.
Now, each and every time you need to pass through the above procedures to generate a one-time password using the UBA secure app with the help of the PIN.