UBA secure pass is an app to generate OTA [One Time Passcode] to authorize transactions on UBA account with either Internet banking user ID or mobile banking user ID. With or without using the UBA transfer code *919*3#, the UBA secure pass makes transaction complete.
The UBA secure pass, however, replaces the use of hard token generation to complete UBA money transfer. This guide is put together to learn how to generate UBA secure pass and use the code generated to complete the UBA transaction.
To get UBA secure pass token you first need to download and install the app on your phone and activate it. Choose a name for the new token identity within the app, activate the app, create a new PIN and confirm it, and click on the submit button to pop up the OTP for the login.
To keep using the UBA secure app to generate a token to complete your account transaction, you only need to pop up the app, enter the PIN and a new token will pop up.
Table of Contents
The following smartphones OS can download and install the UBA secure pass app.
- iOS [iPhone/iPad]
- Windows phone
Download UBA Secure Pass
To get the secure pass app for UBA account to generate OTPs, you first need to download and install the secure pass app on your smartphone.
- Go to your app store and search for “UBA Secure Pass”. For Blackberry users, search for “U-Token
- Tap on install on Android, get on iPhone/iPad and add on Blackberry
- Wait for the app to install on your smartphone automatically
UBA Internet Banking
The next procedure is to create a UBA internet banking details. If you have an existing UBA internet banking user ID or UBA mobile banking. Following the procedures below, you would be able to create your UBA internet banking profile.
Skip this step if you already have a UBA internet banking login [username and password].
- Open your browser and visit UBA internet banking online registration form
- Type your UBA account number
- Enter UBA ATM card first 6 digits
- Enter card PIN [PIN used to withdraw from ATM]
- Type the expiry date [Year-Mon]
- Click “Continue”
Follow the instruction on the screen to finish your UBA internet banking registration.
How to Login UBA Secure Pass
Here is a step to sign in to the UBA secure pass app on your phone to generate the OTP code to complete your UBA transaction.
- Open the UBA secure pass app on your smartphone
- Select the country of your UBA account [We choose Nigeria for this article]
- Type the “OTP” sent to your registered phone number
- Click on “OK” to complete the login process
The procedures above will sign you into the app to start generating OTP code to complete all transaction on your UBA bank account.
Request Secure Pass Service
Here is a step-by-step procedure to request for UBA secure pass service to start generating OTPs.
- Sign in to the UBA secure pass app
- Select “I‘d like to request a Secure Pass”
- Click on “OK” If you sign in to your secure pass app with UBA internet banking ID. If you sign in with your Mobile Banking User ID skip this step.
- Enter a name for the new UBA token identity and click OK
- Click “Yes” when you are asked, “Have you downloaded and installed the UBA Secure Pass application onto your mobile device?”
- Click on “Activate UBA Secure Pass” on “Automatic Activation”
- Tap “Next” if the activation is successful [otherwise click “Cancel” for more information]
How to Generate UBA Secure Pass Token
Here is how to create your PIN and generate your first token using the UBA pass app on your smartphone.
- Activate UBA secure pass
- Click on the “Next button
- Input 4 digit PIN you can remember
- Re-input the PIN again to confirm it
- Click on the submit button
- OTP code will be generated.
Now, each an every time you need to pass through the above procedures to generate one-time password using the UBA secure app with the help of the PIN.