What does “unable to complete previous operation due to low memory” means when you are trying to upload image or photo on your web browser?
If you ran into failed operations severally on your Android phone while trying to upload images or photos or media or video online, then you need this post.
Just earlier hour of today, I was slapped with “unable to complete previous operation due to low memory, in the first place I thought the phone memory was full, so I had to check.
When I found out that it’s not low memory storage and turned out that I still “Can’t upload pictures” due to low memory, I took the following steps to fix unable to complete previous operation on my Huawei phone, and it worked fine for me.
Table of Contents
How to Fix “Unable to Complete Previous Operation Due to Low Memory
To fix an Android phone error that is saying can’t upload pictures due to low memory, just do the following.
- Open your phone settings.
- Scroll down to the system and click on it.
- Tap “About Phone.”
- Tap the “Build number,” like 7 times continuously to enable “Developer options.”
- Navigate back and click on “Developer options.”
- Scroll down and toggle “Don’t Keep Activities” under “Apps.”
- Press and hold the “Power” button for some seconds.
- Tap on “Restart.”
Disable Strict Mode
Disabling the strict mode has also proved to be an effective way to fix low memory during picture upload.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Go to the system option >> about phone >> build number (tap it multiple times until it shows you are now a developer and enable developer options.
- Navigate back to developer options and click on it.
- Find and toggle the strict mode button to grey.
Now, go back to the site where you want to upload the picture and try it again. Now, unable to upload picture errors should be fixed.
Use another Browser
Using another browser could be what you need to do to fix the “unable to complete previous operation due to low memory.” However, the Google Chrome browser has been a major concern when uploading pictures to Facebook or other websites or email address; it will return a low memory error even with 4GB RAM internal memory.
So, if this error persists, you can download other browsers like Firefox beta for mobile, Opera mini browser, and even use the ES File Manager to share images to avoid can’t upload pictures error on Chrome.
In summary, to fix unable to complete previous operation due to low memory on your Android phone, enable developer option under about phone, diable “don’t keep activities,” restart the phone and try to upload the picture and if it didn’t work use another browser.