What does “unable to complete previous operation due to low memory” means when you are trying to upload an image or photo from your phone to your web browser?
Firstly, you need to know that you won’t be able to complete the uploading process if you encounter unable to upload due to low memory message. So, this article is about how you can fix low memory on your device.
If you run into the error message; unable to complete operation due to low memory severally on your Android phone when you are trying to upload images or photos or media or video online, and you need to fix this urgently then you need this post.
Just earlier hour of today, I was slapped with “unable to complete previous operation due to low memory, in the first place I thought the phone memory was full, so I had to check.
When I found out that operation message unable to upload due to low memory was not talking about low memory storage on my phone and turned out to be that the message means I can’t complete the process to upload the image so, literally, “I Can’t upload pictures” due to low memory until the error message is fixed.
I took the following steps to fix unable to complete previous operation on my Huawei phone, and it worked fine for me.
why does my Phone say Unable to Complete Previous Operation due to Low Memory?
A quick one; a lot of reasons could bring up unable to complete the previous operation due to low memory on your phone.
When you know these reasons it’ll be very easy to fix them. So, below are the answers to “why does my phone say unable to complete previous operation due to low memory.”
- Your phone activities mode is turned on.
- Your phone is running on low memory
- You have excess browser history on your Chrome.
- An excess cache can also return an unable to upload files due to low memory.
- You will mostly encounter this when you are uploading a photo or photos or pictures or images to your Facebook account using a Chrome browser on your phone.
Unable to Upload Due to Low Memory
The unable to upload due to low memory on Chrome browser doesn’t depend on the type of phone that you are using. Once you are caught in the act, your device will not be able to upload the file or document until it’s fixed and pop unable to upload due to low memory somewhere on your phone screen.
When this happens you have a few options left which include clearing the phone cache, resetting your browser’s history, upgrading your browser, checking for your phone OS update, and a few others.
While all these are valid; you can also turn on the phone’s activities mode and turn it off once you have successfully uploaded the file.
Note: Turn off activities mode via the developer option on your phone to fix unable to upload due to low memory.
- Go to developer options
- Scroll all the way down, and uncheck (turn off) the ‘don’t keep activities’ option.
- Turn it back up, if you want, when you’re done with your upload.
This is really quick and it works for some people who often complained they can’t upload a file or document or picture on Facebook.
You can find a detailed explanation of this below with pictures if you don’t know how to go about it.
Unable to Complete Due to Low Memory
When you have an excess cache or low storage capacity it can cause your device or phone to return the error message “unable to complete due to low memory” and the operation will be declined.
And most times, even with low memory or excess cache you can still upload your file without fixing the error emanating from the device.
However, the suitable thing to do is to fix the reason why your phone keeps saying unable to complete due to low memory; this could be upgrading your phone or fixing some internal error which we will discuss here as well.
So, phone internal error can cause unable to complete due to low memory.
Unable to Complete Previous Operation Low Memory
Literally, a device with full storage or low memory shouldn’t stop you from uploading a file or document to the internet via your browser. When this happens, it’ll limit the functionality of the phone/device. However, a quick move to fix unable to complete previous operation low memory is to clear your Chrome browser’s history.
While all your search history will be deleted; it has been discovered that when you have tons of search history on your Chrome browser it can affect the browser and make your phone respond low memory or unable to complete the previous operation when you are trying to upload a file.
Follow the steps below to clear your mobile Chrome browser cache…
- Launch your Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3 dots at the top-right.
- Click on “History” under the browser’s “New Incognito tab.”
- Click on “Clear browsing data.”
- Choose the “time range” you would love to delete the browsing history.
- Check all “three options” under the “basic” and click on “clear data.”
- Click “Advanced“, choose the time range from the drop menu and check the first “three options” at the top and hit the clear data button.
When you are done doing this; restart the browser/phone and attempt to upload the file via the browser; you should be able to complete the uploading process. If this doesn’t work for you; kindly check out the next suggestions below.
How to Fix “Unable to Complete Previous Operation Due to Low Memory
To fix an Android phone error that is saying can’t upload pictures or unable to complete due to low memory, just do the following.
- Open your phone settings.
- Scroll down to the system and click on it.
- Tap “About Phone.”
- Tap the “Build number,” like 7 times continuously to enable “Developer options.”
- Navigate back and click on “Developer options.”
- Scroll down and toggle “Don’t Keep Activities” under “Apps.”
- Press and hold the “Power” button for a few seconds.
- Tap on “Restart.”
You can fix unable to complete due to low memory on your Android phone when uploading images or pictures by enabling the “don’t keep activities” feature of your phone.
Disable Strict Mode
Disabling the strict mode has also proved to be an effective way to fix unable to complete previous operation low memory during picture or image upload.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Go to the system option >> about phone >> build number (or versions >> build number) (tap it multiple times until it shows you are now a developer and enable developer options.
- Navigate back to developer options and click on it.
- Scroll to “Monitoring.”
- Find and toggle the “strict mode” button to grey.
Now, go back to the site where you want to upload the picture and try it again. Now, unable to upload picture errors should be fixed.
If you can’t find the strict mode function use the search box to search for “strict mode” and it should come up under the developer settings.
Note: The process above does work on all phones; phones that have the strict mode function
How to Fix Unable to Complete Previous Operation Due to Low Memory
Using another browser could be what you need to do to fix the “unable to complete the previous operation due to low memory.” However, the Google Chrome browser has been a major concern when uploading pictures to Facebook or other websites or email address; it will return unable to complete due low memory error even with 4GB RAM internal memory.
So, if this error persists, you can download other browsers like Firefox beta for mobile, Opera mini browser, and even use the ES File Manager to share images to avoid can’t upload pictures error on Chrome due to low memory.
In summary, to fix unable to complete the previous operation due to low memory on your Android phone: enable the developer option under about phone, disable “don’t keep activities,” restart the phone and try to upload the picture if it didn’t work use another browser.
Unable to Complete Previous Operation Low Memory
The easiest and most convenient way to fix unable to complete previous operation low memory on Android is to switch to a new browser and try to upload the image.
Can I Fix Unable to Complete Previous Operation low Memory in Incognito?
No! Using incognito mode won’t fix the error message unable to complete due to low memory. But, if using a new browser could be the best solution to fix this and disabling strict mode.
Either a new tab or incognito mode will not fix the unable to complete previous operation low memory on Android devices like ZTE Blade, Infinix, and many other Android phones.
Set ART to Fix Unable to Complete Previous Operation Due to Low Memory on Google Chrome
If there is no headway yet with the unable to complete previous operation due to low memory on Google chrome; follow the procedures below.
- Tap on the phone settings gear icon.
- Go to the developer option. You can enable this via the “about phone” option and tap the build number consecutively 6 times to enable the developer option.
- Tap “Runtime” and select the “Use ART” option.
- Reboot the phone.
Once the phone is rebooted this should put your device with unable to complete the previous operation due to low memory google chrome on the right track and you should be able to upload the image successfully.
Fix Unable to Complete Previous Operation Due to Low memory Gmail
If you are trying to upload a photo or image attachment to Gmail or Facebook and you are slapped with unable to process the previous operation due to low memory Gmail; follow the procedure below.
- Go to your phone app.
- Tap on apps >> Gmail.
- Tap “Storage” >> clear cache >> clear data.
- Now, re-log into your Gmail account and try to upload the image.
This will help you to fix unable to process due to low memory facebook as well.
Now try this if there is no headway yet.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap on “Apps & notifications” depending on your phone.
- Launch the “Chrome browser.”
- Select “Storage.”
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Tap “Force Stop”
Now, you should be able to upload an image using Chrome browser on Facebook or Gmail and on all kinds of phones including ZTA Blade without the low memory error message.