You can now take streaming on USANetwork from the official website on PC and Android to smart and streaming devices with the feature to activate the USANetwork platform on some selected smart devices and streaming devices with internet access that supports the platform. In this scenario, we will be talking about the USANetwork activate on smart TV which includes the Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, Roku streaming device, Amazon Fire TV.
USANetwork activate on a Smart TV has a designated universal resource locator [URL] to follow to complete the USA Network activation. Often time, the USANetwork activate portal “usanetwork.com/activatenbcu“ redirects to https://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate requesting the USANetwork activation code for the device you want to activate on your USANetwork account.
Meanwhile, the process to activate USANetwork on smart TVs requires a TV network provider’s account to complete the activation process and watch the USANetwork programs at home without using a cable.
You could also run into a problem trying to activate the USANetwork platform on your streaming device. This could lead to troubleshooting the device for invalid activation code or similar cases.
Another troubleshooting that you might need to carry out is by using a specific URL for each device that you want to activate the USANetwork app on. For instance, when you want to activate USANetwork on Apple TV, you might need to use the usanetwork.com/activatenbcu/appletv or NBC.com/activate instead of USANetwork/activate.
After all the preparation, you need to install the USANetwork app on your smart TV, choose the option to sign in with your activation code coupled with a TV provider’s network access.
Meanwhile, the USA Network platform supports tens of TV provider’s network which includes the following;
- AT&T U-verse
Meanwhile, you can activate USANetwork on the following streaming devices.
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV [Some selected versions].
- Roku streaming device
- Gaming consoles such as Xbox, PS4/5
- Android TV box.
Note: Some of these devices need both the activation code as well as access to a TV network provider’s account to complete the USANetwork activation process.
This is not a random approach. You follow the steps in this section to activate the USANetwork app on all streaming devices you possess including TV box and Roku/Firestick provided you can download and install the USANetwork official app on your streaming device.
- Download and install the USANetwork app on your streaming device. This depends on the streaming device that you are using. For Apple users, you may need to sign in to your Apple account with your Apple ID. This is the same for Samsung smart TV users to be able to access their apps store. For Roku users, you can get the USANetwork app in the Roku channel store. But for Firestick users, you might need to sideload the USANetwork APK version on your Firestick in case the USANetwork app isn’t available in the app store.
- Launch the USANetwork app and get ready for activation. Wait for some seconds an activation code will appear. And if it doesn’t choose the option to sign in with an activation code. You can also choose the option to sign in with a username and password. But, if you would love to use your TV provider’s network access you must select the option to sign in with a code.
- Take note of the activation code and the activation site. If it’s USANetwork/activate just go to the site on a web browser other than your smart TV. And it might even be www.nbc.com/activate or you get redirected to the website to activate the streaming device with the activation code.
- Now, type the USANetwork activation code and click on the continue button. If the code is correct you will be taken to where to select your TV provider’s network, sign in to your account, and wait for some seconds for the USANetwork activation code screen to refresh and gets access to the USANetwork service or platform on your streaming and smart TV.
In case the USANetwork isn’t working on your Apple TV, use the option to unlink the device to troubleshoot it. This troubleshooting is about unlinking the USANetwork and the Apple TV and relink again.
To troubleshoot the USANework not working on Apple TV follow the steps below.
- Go to your Apple TV settings
- Tap on “Users and accounts.”
- Select TV providers.
- Scroll down the page and click on the “Sign out” tab.
- Tap on the “Sign Out” key again.
You are not done yet. Do not attempt to sign in for now. Also, confirm that you choose the option to sign out on all devices. This is to make sure that the app doesn’t sign in on all other devices incorrectly.
Now, to do this, follow the steps below.
- Launch the USANetwork app.
- Tap “More >> My Profile >> Link.”
- Tap on “Don’t Allow if prompted.”
- Re-sign in with the TV provider’s primary email address.
This will fix the USANetwork activate not working on your Apple TV and some of the supported devices.
USANetwork Activate not Working
In case the above steps didn’t work for you to troubleshoot the USA Network app and your TV provider’s network account, then, the following should be of help.
- Force Restart your smart or streaming device
- Force the app to stop working
- Clear the app cache
Each of these options has a different function to help make the USANetwork app work as expected.
Clear USANetwork App Cache
The steps may not be the same for all devices but the result is the same.
- Launch the USA Network app on your streaming device or smart TV
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “Clear Cache.”
- Tap “OK” or “Yes” from the popup.
This step will remove all stored caches from the app.
Force the App to Stop Working
This option also worth trying. Force to stop the USANework app will stop the app from working at the moment unless restarted.
- Press the “Home Button” on your device remote control.
- Navigate to where the USANetwork app is installed and select it.
- Go to settings and select “Force-stop.”
Now, re-open the app and try the needing process again to see whether it’s working as expected.