If you are on a mission why are my AirPods so quiet all of a sudden then you need to keep reading.
If you are a music lover and your Apple AirPods become quiet all of a sudden. This could be so frustrating, as you won’t be able to listen to your favourite music via your Airpods till you have this issue fixed.
Why your Airpods Are So Quiet
- Most times when the battery of your AirPods is drained, it would suddenly stop working, but before that, you would be getting a low battery warning sign before it stops working.
- Another factor that can make your Apple Airpods suddenly stop working is water damage.
- The Apple AirPods are designed to be used for about 2 to 3 years. If your AirPods have used anything above this year it would get weaker and can’t rule out the fact that it may suddenly stop.
However, if none of the above reasons why your Airpods may become quiet all of a sudden; then, you may want to check out these recommended fixes to your quiet Airpods.
Here in this article, we will discuss why are my AirPods so quiet all of a sudden and how we can fix this issue.
Why Are My Airpods So Quiet All Of A Sudden
You may be curious to find out the reasons why my AirPods are so quiet all of a sudden. Well, we have compiled a long list of solutions to help fix this issue.
Recommended: [Quick Fix] Dropped my Airpods in Water
Adjust The Volume
A turned-down volume is the most obvious reason why your Apple AirPods may suddenly stop working. You can ask Siri to turn up or turn down the volume of your iPhone or iPad. You can also use the volume up and down button on your Apple device.
If you are listening to music with your Apple AirPods, if not fully charged and the battery suddenly gets low. The volume may decrease and may suddenly get quiet due to a low battery. Always ensure you fully charge your Apple AirPods to avoid this issue. You can place your Apple Airpods inside the charging case and open its lid near your iPhone to check the volume.
The wax buildup may block your Apple Airpods if it spends a lot of time in your ear. Wax buildup can lower the volume of the speakers and should be regularly cleaned with a dry cotton swab. Ensure not to use a liquid as it can damage the speaker of the Apple AirPods.
Gently swab away wax buildup, be careful while you are cleaning, so you don’t push too hard on the speaker mesh.
For more difficult Apple AirPods, use a soft bristle toothbrush or a high-quality electronics gel putty.
You can also slightly dampen a soft cloth or cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol to disinfect and properly clean your AirPods.
Alternatively, you can take your AirPods to an Apple store and have them properly cleaned by a professional.
Disable Low Power Mode
If you enabled low power mode on your iPhone or iPad, when your battery is low, it will reduce the amount of power that your iPhone or iPad has and can lower the volume of your Apple Airpods.
When low power mode is enabled the battery in the status bar will show a yellow battery icon.
Recommended: How to Skip a Song with Airpods
Follow the steps below to turn off low power mode:
- Go to Settings
- Choose Battery.
- Go to Settings
- Control Center
- Customize Controls
- Turn Off low power mode.
Disconnect And Reconnect Airpods
If your AirPods suddenly stop working, disconnect your device and reconnect it back to your Apple device.
Open your Bluetooth settings on your Apple device, then disconnect your Apple Airpods.
To reconnect your Apple AirPods:
- Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone
- With your AirPods still in the charging case, open the charging case, and hold it close to your iPhone. A setup animation appears on your iPhone.
- Then tap Connect.
Reset your Airpods
Your AirPods may be quiet all of a sudden and resetting your AirPods can help to fix a lot of issues.
- Place your AirPods in their charging case, then close the lid.
- Then wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of the charging case.
- Now on your Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch):
- Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth then tap the More Info button next to your AirPods.
- Click forget this device, then click again to confirm.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case, with the lid open for about 15 seconds, until the status light first flashes amber, then white.
Update Your Apple Device
Updating your apple device to the latest software version can help to fix software glitched with your Apple device.
To update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- First, back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
- Then plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Navigate to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- In case there are two software update options available, choose the one you want to install.
- Click Install Now or click download and Install depending on,
- Click on it to download the update.
- Then enter your passcode and tap Install Now.
Recommended: How to Connect Airpods to Samsung TV
Recalibrate the Bluetooth volume
If you do switch between devices, recalibrating your Apple AirPods may work very fine. Follow these steps to recalibrate your device Bluetooth:
- Play music with your AirPods paired to your iPhone or iPad.
- Turn up the volume down to 0 while still playing the music.
- Open the settings of your Bluetooth and disconnect your Apple AirPods. Ensure you don’t forget it.
- Keep playing the music on your device, but ensure to keep the volume at 0.
- If the volume is increased when you disconnect your Apple Airpod, you can reduce the volume back to 0.
- Finally, reconnect your Airpods to the Bluetooth, now then turn the volume up.
Try a Louder Equalizer Setting
You can change the Equalizer settings if you are playing by using a music app. You can reduce and increase the volume of your phone through the music app.
Follow these steps to change the Equalizer settings:
- Play any song on the Music app.
- Then go to Settings on the app.
- Check for and click EQ.
- Adjust the different EQ settings on the music app till you find a good sound.
- Then save the settings.
Replace your Airpods
If your Apple AirPods were physically damaged through a hard fall or water damage, you can order a replacement. But if the damage is covered by warranty or AppleCare it can be replaced without charging you a fee. For you to be eligible for a warranty, you have to meet the conditions that were set by Apple. Also if you already purchased AppleCare you won’t be charged to replace your AirPods by Apple.
Why Are My AirPods So Quiet On Spotify
Why are my AirPods so quiet all of a sudden on Spotify? If your AirPods are quiet, turn off audio normalization and EQ.
Follow these steps to change the audio settings on Spotify Connect with your ios devices:
- Click on the home icon.
- Click the settings icon.
- Select Playback.
- Switch Enable Audio Normalization off by tapping the toggle-off icon.
Follow these steps to turn off the Equalizer settings on Spotify:
- Click on the home icon.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Playback.
- Click Equalizer and switch it off, from the Toggle off icon.
If these options fail to work, you can disconnect your Bluetooth and forget your Apple AirPods, then search for your Apple AirPods on your device and reconnect your Bluetooth.
Another option is to disable absolute Volume in the Spotify Connect App. Follow these steps to disable absolute volume:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click System.
- Find the build number or version number.
- Tap on the build number a few times, and you should get a message that congratulates you for being a developer
- Get back to Settings
- Search and click Developer Options.
- Locate “disable absolute volume” and tap on the toggle icon.
How Do I Fix Quiet AirPods
There are various ways you can follow to fix why are my AirPods so quiet all of a sudden.
- Adjust the volume of your AirPods or Ask Siri to increase the volume of your AirPods.
- Charge the battery of your AirPods.
- Clean waxy buildup in AirPods.
- Disable low power mode.
- Disconnect And reconnect Airpods.
- Reset AirPods.
- Update the Apple device that connects the Bluetooth of your Airpods.
- Recalibrate the Bluetooth volume
- Try a Louder Equalizer Setting
- Replace your AirPods
In conclusion, why are my AirPods so quiet all of a sudden, we have briefly tackled this solution. In addition, if you have used your Airpods for about 2-3 years and this issue keeps occurring, then you should try to replace your Apple Airpods.