Google fitness app is a fitness app to measure your fitness level and activities on Smartphones and smartwatches. The fitness app can be downloaded and installed on Android phones as well as Smartwatch that runs on Android OS. The new fitness update now has a feature to enable Dark Mode in the fitness app. However, here in this guide, we’ll teach you how to enable dark mode in Google fitness app.
The fitness dark mode enables you to use the app on your device with more eye comfort to avoid aching and headaches. Apart from the Google fitness app, only a limited app can be counted on as the best fitness app to track all your fitness activities.
The dark mode feature in the fitness app works perfectly with Android OS devices brightness whether it’s set to automatic or manual. If you have already installed the Google fitness app on your Android or wear OS, here you will get to know how to enable the dark mode.
Update Google Fitness App
To be able to bring the dark mode to the Google fitness app on your Android or smartwatch you first need to update the fitness app to the latest version 2.16.22.
However, to update the fitness app follow the procedures I shared below.
- Open the Google play store app on your Android phone
- Click on the user menu option and click on “My apps & games”
- Find the “Google fitness app”
- Click on the “update” icon to start updating the app
Once you clicked on the update icon in the app, the app will begin to download the new update available and install it on your phone.
Once that is done, the next procedures will explain to you how you can turn on the dark mode feature.
Enable Dark Mode in Google Fitness App
If you have upgraded Google fitness app here is how to enable the dark mode feature in the app to enable eye comfort when using the fitness app.
- Launch the Google fitness app from your app menu by clicking on the fitness icon.
- Click on the profile tab which is located at the lower part of your phone screen
- You need to open the settings interface by clicking on the gear icon to the upper right corner.
- Go to display option and click on it dark mode
- Select dark mode from the popup
In the display option, you can choose from the options available. The dark theme, light theme or a light theme unless the battery saver is enabled.
However, the last option is included to let users know that using the dark theme or dark mode could help preserve device battery life with an AMOLED screen.