The Starz app unlocks a world of boundless HD streaming and it’s possible to download on up to 4 screens at a time. It’s simple to stream Starz’s shows on iOS, Android tablets, and phones so you can stream on the go. You could also enjoy streaming from the comfort of your home and watch Starz online with Apple TV (4), Amazon Fire TV stick, Roku, Android TV devices, and browsers. Fix Starz Activate not Working on Android TV here.
If your Android TV is not working perfectly, there is a chance that your downloaded app is affecting the operation. You can restart the TV in a safe mode and check if the problem occurs again while the downloaded app is disabled. Fix Starz Activate not Working on Android TV here.
Activating Starz on your Android TV requires these simple steps of opening the Starz app, sign in to your Starz account by providing the correct login details. Go to http://activate.starz.com and an activation code will be displayed on the screen of the Starz app. Fix Starz Activate not Working on Android TV here.
Despite the easy process involved in the activation of Starz on Android TV, many subscribers will encounter one issue or the other in the process of activation. In this article, we will be pointing out common Starz activate not working issues on Android TV. Fix Starz Activate not Working on Android TV here.
Fix Starz Activate Not Working on Android TV
In case you are having issues with your Starz app connecting on your Android TV, you can try the following steps below to resolve the issue:
Fix Starz Buffering Issues
- Refresh the Stream.
- Switch off all background apps.
- Ensure no other devices are connected to your Internet network.
- Remove all temporary files and clear your web cache.
- Get a range extender.
- Buy a new router with high internet functionality.
- Try to play your stream in a lower quality.
- Make use of Ethernet to connect to your Android TV.
Check your Internet connection
Might sound too easy to be true but give it a try and see if it fix Starz Activate not working on Android TV here. Check the speed of your connection from a device on the same network as your Android TV. To effectively and efficiently stream videos, you need a high-speed connection with a minimal download speed of at least 3 Mbps. Follow the steps below:
- On your Android TV home screen, navigate down and select Settings.
- Under Device, tap Wi-Fi.
- Choose a network and follow the on-screen instructions step by step.
- Then access the Starz app again.
In case this point does not solve your issue, try the next point below.
Ensure the system is updated
Old system update might be the cause of Starz activate not working issue on Android TV, therefore follow the steps below to perform a system upgrade:
- From the Android TV home screen, scroll down and choose Settings.
- Navigate About >> System update >> Check now.
- Install any available updates, and access the Starz app again.
This should solve your problem but in case it doesn’t, try the next step below.
Free your app data and cache
Clearing your application data and caches can go a long way in fixing Starz activate not working on Android TV easily. Follow the step below:
- From the Android TV Home screen, navigate down to Settings.
- Choose Apps.
- Below the System apps, select Starz >> Clear data >> Clear cache.
- Navigate to the Starz app again.
Reduce traffic on your internet network
Try to minimize the number of devices connected to your Internet network when using Movies Anywhere. This will give you as much bandwidth as possible for streaming various movies on your Android TV.
Try a wired connection
For optimum performance, try using a wired connection instead of a wireless connection. To do this, connect your device to your home network using an Ethernet cable
Upgrade your Movies Anywhere app and device
Ensure that you are having the latest version of the Movies Anywhere app and that your device is running the latest operating system.
Restart your devices
Restart your Android TV and all network devices (modem, router, etc.) you are using and try the Movies Anywhere app again. Starz Activate not Working on Android TV could be easily fixed by just restarting your TV. Follow the easy steps below:
- From the Home screen on your Android TV, scroll down to select Settings.
- Go to About >> Restart.
- After the system restarts, go access the Starz app again.
Factory reset your device
Factory reset is what you will fall back on if you have tried everything possible on this list and you still can’t stream Starz on your Android TV. This will uninstall all applications that aren’t pre-installed and swap all your settings back to the default setting, ensure to go through this list again later to change them back. Follow the steps below:
- From the Android TV Home screen, scroll down and select Settings.
- Tap Storage & Reset.
- Select the other option, Factory Data Reset.
- Several options might be there, depending on your Android TV brand. You might Fast Reset, Full Reset, Cancel, or other options.
- For a factory reset, select the Full Reset option.
- After selecting the full reset, a prompt will be displayed on your screen. This confirms you want to perform the desired action.
- Do a verification to start the factory reset.
- Immediately your device finishes, you can start using it again(Your Android TV box should perform a lot faster now).
Any problem you may have been experiencing should be gone already by now. Let us know what you think in the comment section below. For a related article, click here.