You can travel the world via your TV set, once you activate Travel Channel on your Samsung Smart TV.
The experience is one, that you can describe as ”out of this world”, considering that you are watching it on a Smart TV with features that make viewing fun, exciting, and very much different from the regular TV.
Meanwhile, Travel Channel is a Discovery-owned pay television channel that is headquartered in New York. It features documentaries, how-to, and reality shows about traveling around the United States and through the rest of the world.
The channel is not only televised in the United States, but also in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific.
Smart TV is a television set that has connects to the internet and allows the users to use services like video streaming, web browsing/surfing, or even gaming.
So basically, Smart TV allows access to traditional electronic media (regular television channels) along with online interactive media and ‘Over The Top’ (OTT) content. It also allows home networking solutions such that all devices and be interconnected and be operated with a single click.
Some of the more popular apps that you, the user can have access to, via a Smart TV, including Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Amazon, and of course, the Travel Channel.
How To Activate Travel Channel on Samsung Smart TV
To activate Travel Channel on Samsung Smart TV, just follow this simple steps. As you read on, you will discover it is actually a very simple procedure.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV
- Select TV rather than AV, by pressing the Home button on your remote and select TV from the source.
- Access the Apps at the bottom left of the screen and select the search box.
- Inside the search box, search for Travel Channel, then access it.
- Download and install the app on your TV.
- After the installation is complete, select the downloaded apps menu located under Apps, then access the Travel Channel app.
- The activation code will be displayed on your TV screen, write it down anywhere for the next steps.
- Using your computer or mobile device, access the https://watch.travelchannel.com/activate site.
- With that done, you have successfully activated Travel Channel on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go ahead and stream to watch your favourite contents.
Types of Channels You Can Watch On Travel Channel
The channels available on Travel Channel, usually host very interesting, exciting and educating shows. All you have to do, to access this channels is activate Travel Channel on your Samsung Smart TV. Some of the channels are discussed below;
which stands for The Learning Channel is an American pay television channel owned by Discovery, Inc.
Initially, it focused on educational and learning content but by the late 1990s the network began to primarily focus towards reality series involving lifestyles, family life, and personal stories.
Destination America is an American cable television, owned by Discovery, Inc.
The channel is organized around some of the driving forces that have compelled individuals to immigrate to America for centuries and have remained constant throughout history economic opportunity, religious freedom and artistic expression.
The series goes further to look at the particular forces that drive women to come to America in search of opportunity and the basic human rights they had been denied in their homelands.
Contemporary stories are the centerpiece of each episode, along with historic portraits of past immigrants, as well as present day experiences of immigrants and how they resonate with each other.
In a nutshell, the network carries programming focused on the culture of the United States, including food, lifestyles, and travel.
Animal Planet is the world’s only entertainment brand that immerses viewers in the full range of life in the animal kingdom with rich, deep content on multiple platforms. First established on June 1, 1996, the network is primarily devoted to series and documentaries about wild animals and domestic pets.
Animal Planet Media (APM) offers animal lovers and pet owners access to a centralized online, television and mobile community for immersive, engaging, high-quality entertainment, information and enrichment.
How To Fix Travel Channel not Responding on Samsung Smart TV
Here are some recommended troubleshooting approach if the travel channel app isn’t working on your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Update the Application:
For an easier use,most Samsung Smart devices have automatic updates enabled by default. So provided your TV is on and connected, updates to the Travel Channel will automatically push to your device as they become available.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that automatic updates are enabled to ensure that you always have the latest and greatest version of the app!
However, if for any reason your Travel Channel application does not update automatically, then you can do so manually, by;
- Switching on the TV
- Navigating to the Samsung Smart Hub
- Navigating to the Apps area.
- Pressing and holding the select button on the Travel Channel app and a sub-menu will appear.
- Select “Update apps” and if an update for Travel Channel is available, select.
- Choose “Update” – this might take a few minutes
2. Soft Reset your Samsung Smart TV
A soft reset shuts the TV down completely and reboots it, rather than placing it just into standby mode. This can solve issues that you may be having with the Travel Channel. There are two ways to soft reset your TV.
- Press and hold the power button on your remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
- Unplug your TV from the power socket for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
With either of the two methods, the issue should be sorted.
How To Remove Travel Channel from Samsung Smart TV
If you ever get tired of the Travel Channel application or it happens to be causing you problems, that you cannot sort via a quick fix, then deleting the app might suffice. Do so by;
- Pressing the Home button on your remote to bring up the smart hub, then select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Support tab (the cloud with a question mark), then select Device Care.
- Wait for your TV to run a quick scan, then select Manage Storage.
- Select the app(s) you want to remove, then select Delete
- Select OK to confirm.
- A status bar will appear showing the deletion progress. When it reaches 100%, select OK. The app should no longer appear in your viewing selection.
Meanwhile, this guide to removing apps is only peculiar to the 2020 model of Samsung Smart TV.
Travel Channel offers a world of adventure. If you are one that loves adventure, then go ahead and activate Travel Channel on your Samsung Smart TV.