One good thing about Email is that you decide who you can send email to but you can’t decide who can send email to you. But, instead of spending your time to delete spam email, you can block the email address from sending email to you. Therefore, here in this guide today, I will explain how to block email on Hotmail.
When you block an email in your Hotmail address all email from the sender will not be delivered. So, before you decide to block a particular email address in your personal or business email address, make sure that the email address is either a spam email or is of no use.
The process to block an email address on Hotmail is irreversible and you can unblock the email address at any moment. And for the same of this article, you will learn different methods on the possibility of block email Hotmail.
How to Block Email on Hotmail [Web]
The approach to block email address on Outlook is simple and direct. Just follow the steps below to block incoming messages from a particular email address on your Microsoft Outlook email that is considered spammy.
- Log in to your Hotmail account [Free or premium].
- While in your “Inbox” click on the “Settings” gear icon to the top right.
- Click on “View all Settings”
- Select “Mail >> Junk Email”
- Click “Add” under “Blocked Senders and Domains”
- Enter the “Email Address” that you want to block.
- Click on the “Enter” button to add the email.
- Click on the “Save” button to make changes.
You can add as many as possible email addresses that you want to block on your Hotmail email account.
Don’t Miss: How to Delete Hotmail Account.
The approach above will block all incoming and outgoing email to the address added to the “blocked senders and domains” above. However, you can as well create particular rules to block any messages containing particular keywords that annoys it or are adult contents.
How to Block Email on Hotmail [Using Rule]
If you do not want only block email address you can filter the kind of messages that will be delivered to your inbox using a predefined rule. This rule block all emails containing the keywords that are added to the filtered rules.
- Log in to your Hotmail account.
- Click on the “Inbox” tab to the left pane.
- Click on the “Settings” tab to the top right.
- Click on “view all Outlook settings” from the settings menu.
- Click “Mail >> Rules.
- Now you want to click on “Add New Rules”
- Give your Hotmail rules a name.
- Select the condition that best describes the rules and choose which action to be taken against such rule.
- Click on the “Save” button.
That is how you have to do to delete email coming from unwanted email address in your Hotmail email address.
How to Block an Email Address on Outlook [Unknown]
What about how to block an email address on Outlook if you can’t identify the sender? This is open to you to decide whether you want to receive email from unknown senders in your Outlook email address. And here is exactly what you should do to block all email address from unknown senders in your Hotmail account.
- Go to your Outlook inbox >> Settings >> All Outlook settings.
- Mail >> Junk email >> safe senders and domains.
- Add the list of all email address that are safe to you and click on the Save button.
- Go to “Filter” at the bottom of the page.
- Check the two options in the “Filter” option.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Now, all email addresses that are not in your mailing safe list will be blocked automatically. However, if there are other email addresses that you wish to receive emails from, you need to manually add them to your Hotmail safe mailing list following the steps above.
These are known approaches on how to block email on Hotmail without using a third-party app or service to monitor and controls who send emails to you on Hotmail.