Did you just get a set of new Airpods or do you want to gift out your old AirPods to a friend? Then this article is for you, all you need do is follow the processes one step at a time. This post is about how to change the name of my Airpods via various smart devices like iPhone, MAC, Android, Chromebook, etc.
Once you purchase a new set of AirPods, Apple generates a name for you that you may not like, especially if you have more than one pair. However, you can easily change the name of your Airpods to a preferred name you like better which adds a nice customized touch.
Are your AirPods (1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation), AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max? Then, you can change the name of your AirPods using your iPhone, iPad, Android, or Mac. Once you are logged in with the same Apple ID on different devices, the new name updates across all devices.
Personalizing your AirPods doesn’t end at just the double-tap gesture. You can as well set a customized name for your AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max. To change the name of my Airpods, make it easier to be found on Bluetooth device lists, and also give it a fun extra touch.
You need to wear your Airpods and ensure they are connected to any of the smart devices you choose to use. Read on to change the name of my Airpods on your smart device.
How do I change the name of my Airpods 2022?
Here is how to change the name of my AirPods, follow the simple steps below:
- Wear your AirPods and ensure they are connected to your smart device.
- On your device, navigate to Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Click on the Actions Available button next to your AirPods in the list of available devices, then click on the current name.
- Enter the new name you wish to change to, then click on Done.
That’s it! You have successfully been able to change the name of my Airpods without any hassle.
Can someone else change the name of my Airpods?
Even if your Airpods have already been set to a particular name or are still in the default settings, you always have the option to change the name to something preferred once you have Apple’s AirPods at any time.
Someone else can change the name of my Airpods using iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Click on Next to your AirPods.
- Click on the current name, and enter a preferred new name,
- Finally, click on Done.
How to Change the name of your Airpods on Android
Here’s how to change the name of your AirPods using an Android device. Changing the name of my AirPods with an Android phone is surprisingly simpler than doing it on an iOS device. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Settings app and navigate to the Connected devices section.
- Search for your AirPods in the menu of previously connected devices.
- Click on the Settings cog on the right side of your screen.
- Tap on the Pencil icon located next to the Device details header.
- Enter your preferred name and tap the Rename button.
- Ensure you double-check that your new preferred name shows up in the Bluetooth menu.
That’s it! Now you have your own specially customized AirPods.
How to Change the name of my Airpods on MAC
Just like the Mac products, the iOS devices, and AirPods were all developed by the same brains. They have similar systems that allow them to function well with each other because of these features.
Mac products also allow users to customize their AirPods further by renaming them. Follow the steps below to change the name of my Airpods on MAC:
- Select the Apple menu.
- Navigate to System Preferences on your Mac.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon.
- With your AirPods connected to your Mac, right-click or control-click on your AirPods and select Rename in the pop-up menu.
- Enter the preferred name you want for your Airpods.
- Click on the Rename to confirm.
That’s it! Quite straightforward.
How to Change Airpods name on iPhone 6
Since AirPods and iOS devices all come from the same company, changing AirPods’ name on an iOS device won’t take you more than 60 seconds.
To change AirPods name on iPhone 6, ensure they are connected and then follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “i” icon beside your AirPods to pull up more options.
- Click on “Current Name” to edit it.
- Enter a preferred new name.
- Then click on Done.
That’s it! You have successfully changed the Airpods name on iPhone 6.
How do I rename my Airpods without my iPhone?
In case you don’t have an iPhone, you can rename your Airpods without iPhone and make use of Windows Devices. Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings >> Connections >> Bluetooth.
- Enter the Bluetooth Settings screen.
- Click on the gear or more button next to the connected AirPods.
- Tap on the pen icon and enter the preferred name you want to see.
- That’s all!
How do I change the Airpod settings on my iPhone?
In case you want to change the Airpod settings on your iPhone to be able to change the name of my Airpods, then follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings >> Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Click on the More Info button beside your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Under Press and Hold AirPods, tap Left or Right, and ensure Noise Control is selected.
- Choose the two or three noise control modes that you want to use by long-pressing.
- That’s it!
How to Change Airpod name on Laptop
Connecting your AirPods to your Windows 10 PC can be quite tedious but possible as long as your smart device has Bluetooth.
Your PC can also be customized to your connected AirPods and renamed if you need to. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Navigate to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound.
- Tap on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the AirPods you want to rename and then tap Properties.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth tab and edit to your preferred name.
- That’s it!
How to Change the name of your Airpods on Chromebook
As much as you would love to change the name of your AirPods on Chromebook, it’s unfortunate that you cant!
However, you don’t have to worry that you couldn’t get on the AirPods craze with your Chromebook. Since your Apple AirPods and Google Chromebook are compatible via Bluetooth, they can still connect to a Chromebook and other Bluetooth-enabled devices, like a Peloton bike. You can follow the steps below to achieve that:
- Go to the Device Details screen by either double-tapping on one of the device bubbles, choosing an event from your timeline, or selecting a device from the Devices screen.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Name field to rename the device.
An alternate way to change the name of your Airpods on Chromebook is stated as follows below:
- Tap on your AirPods, which are usually labelled next to a headphone icon.
- Once the pop-up reads “Paired devices”, your AirPods will be paired, and adjusting the volume on your Chromebook will adjust the headphones.
- That’s it!
How do I change my AirPods name on Spotify?
To change the name of my Airpods on Spotify is quite easy. Simply follow the steps below:
- On Android, navigate to Bluetooth settings, then search for an option called “Rename device”.
- There you can rename your device.
- After that, restart the Spotify app and Spotify connect will recognize the new name. Just like that!
- That’s it!
How do I remove an AirPod owner?
In case you were gifted a set of old AirPods or you bought a second-hand AirPod, then follow the steps below to remove an AirPod owner:
- You need to perform a factory reset on the AirPods, that is, forget the AirPods from your phone, and remove your Apple ID from them.
- This makes it ready to connect to the new owners’ device.
That’s all you need to remove an AirPods owner.
How to change ownership of Airpods
To transfer ownership of your AirPods, you need to reset your AirPods, follow the steps below:
- Reset your AirPods and remove them from your Apple ID.
- This process enables someone else to use your AirPods and has complete control and it’s quite straightforward.
- However, note that they cannot be paired with both of you at the same time.
Funny Airpod names Reddit
Searching for suitable names to give your AirPods? Look no further. Here are some suggested funny names you can try. Check them out below:
- I Don’t Speak Broke.
- Expensive Pods
- Not Tide Pods
- Your Own Nickname
- Music On
- Papa Smurf’s Hair Dryers.
- Fresh Prince of Bel-AirPods.
- Thanks Daddy.
- Rich Boy Products.
- Peppa Pods.
- Honey, Where Are My Airpods?
- Bye Current Reality
- Style Pods
- My Air Buds
- In-Ear Buddies
- Quality Control
- Audio Pods
- I Can’t Hear You
- Sound Extinguishers
- True Wireless
- The Airy Potters
- The One True Pod
- Wind Pods
- Galaxy Buds
- Right and Left Toe
- RIP My Ears
- I don’t cAIR Pods
Did you find any that you would love to name your AirPods? If yes, that’s fine! You are always welcome.
I can’t change the name of my Airpods
Are you experiencing the name reverting to its default issue? Then, do not worry because it’s a common issue most users experience when renaming their AirPods.
This occurs when the AirPods are put back in their case or after switching to another device usually.
Although the exact reason behind this is unknown, here are some tested solutions on how to rename AirPods effectively.
- Try resetting the AirPods. Performing a reset deletes all existing data including possible bugs that cause the problem. A reset also makes the AirPods brand new, and most likely bug-free and ensures an effective connection between the AirPods and the device.
Here’s how to reset your AirPods:
- Navigate to Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “i” button.
- Click on “Forget This Device”.
- Then long-press on the AirPods setup button until it turns white.
If after trying all these, you still can’t change the name of your AirPods, you can try renaming your AirPods by adding a blank space after typing the new preferred name.
This method has been tried and tested and it occasionally works! Although, this quick fix is not officially accepted by Apple, however, it’s worth trying!
Why don’t my Airpods show up in Settings?
At times, your AirPods might not be detected in the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac due to temporary malfunctions, which can be easily fixed by a simple restart.
To fix this, follow the steps below:
- Simply put your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid.
- Navigate and restart the Apple device you are checking the Find My app on.
- That’s it!
Why do my Airpods have a different name?
Apple usually generates a default name for you the first time you pair your AirPods with your iPhone or iPad. They are usually labelled as “[Your Name]’s AirPods”. Although, the name isn’t very creative but not to worry.
The name can be acceptable by some users until they lose one or both of their AirPods or even its case. Giving your AirPods a unique name will make them easier to find in case you lose a set.
To achieve this, you can pair AirPods to an iOS device.
Can AirPods have two different names?
No, AirPods can’t have two different names even though Apple usually assign a default name to your AirPods the first time you pair them with your iPhone.
In case you would like to give them a different name, you can as well change it at your convenience. Launch Settings from your iPhone’s Home screen.
Why can’t I change my Airpods name?
If you are having challenges changing your Airpods name, it could be because you can’t remember the “AirPods” name which implies there’s likely a bug in the firmware that may be fixed with a future software update.
Until Apple addresses the issue, you can just add a trailing space to the “AirPods” name. Before you start, ensure your AirPods are paired with your iOS device and connected to it.
I hope this article has helped you change the name of your AirPods easily. Kindly drop a comment in the section below if you were able to connect and learn something from this post.