If you are starting your own Instagram brand or you are representing a firm or an organization to make more sales on the platform you need highlights covers for your products. These Instagram highlights covers may represent what your company or brand stands for. The Instagram highlight icons are what your Instagram followers see will make them have an idea of what you are promoting in your page.
Therefore, if you are just starting and you think you need a beautiful Instagram covers to create the first impression for your followers and to have a premonition about your products and brand here is how to create a beautiful and cool Instagram highlights covers.
If you are a small scale business or a startup business you can create free Instagram covers for a start. And as your business grows, you can then hire a professional to help design a professional Instagram highlights cover for your brand to capture the heart of your followers.
What is Instagram Highlights Covers?
An Instagram highlight cover is the image at the back of your Instagram that people see when they visit your profile and you can upload it via the more option in your Instagram BIO.
A good Instagram cover is a good start to capture the heart of many followers and capture them unaware to follow you on Instagram. Instagram experts have revealed that creating beautiful Instagram highlights covers is the best way to earn free Instagram followers before your brand speaks for you.
Therefore, if you are planning to grow your Instagram followers for free create and upload a beautiful Instagram highlight cover on your Instagram profile page.
It’s, however, worth to use what will appeal to people to want to spend more time looking at your highlight icon to prompt them to click on the Instagram follow button.
How to Create an Instagram Highlight Cover
Instagram gives room to upload your Instagram profile highlight cover to make your profile page beautiful and appealing.
- Log into your Instagram account on PC or mobile
- Click on the headgear icon to go to your profile page
- Tap on the plus (+) button to make your Instagram Story Highlight.
- You will be taken to all your Instagram past stories
- Select from the stories you have in your Instagram story archive
- Tap “Next”
- Write your Instagram captions or give your Instagram highlight a name
- Just beside the “title” click on the “share” button
The Instagram highlight you made will be available. However, if that enough to convince a potential client? Well, the procedures above are different from how to create custom Instagram highlight covers.
How to Create Custom Instagram Highlight Covers
If you are not a graphic designer and you cannot afford to hire a designer to help you to create a custom Instagram highlights covers here is an alternative for you.
- Go to Canva graphic site and log into your account or sign up for a free account if you do not have one.
- Type “Instagram Story” into the Canva search box and scroll down the page.
- Click on the suggested “Instagram Story highlight cover” to see all the Available Instagram story highlights covers that are perfectly created by designers with a perfect Instagram highlights size and width.
- Tap on Element >> Graphics and search through the result to be able to choose the best Instagram highlights icon for your profile. However, you will both free and paid Instagram covers on this page. You can always go for a free version and you can spend a few cents to purchase your choice of paid Instagram highlights icons.
- Once you have scanned through and selected your custom Instagram highlights covers tap on the background to select your favourite colour and colour that perfectly defined your brand and click on the download button.
- Now, send and upload the Instagram highlights downloaded from the Canva as your Instagram highlight story.
- Go to your Instagram profile and press and hold the custom Instagram highlight you uploaded and select the “EDIT” button.
- Scroll to the back of all your available and archive Instagram highlights and select the custom highlight cover you uploaded.
- Now, navigate to your Instagram Highlight tab the story cover will be available and your followers and upcoming followers will be able to see the highlight cover.
How to Create Insta Highlight Offline
This is for a graphic designer. Even if you are not an expert you can try to create your Instagram highlights covers using your favourite tool for designing graphics.
You can use tools like Adobe Photoshop, Affinity Photo app, Photopea, GIMP, Paint.net, Corel Photo-Paint, Pixlr, and a lot more to create your Instagram highlights covers offline and upload it to your Instagram profile to be used as your story highlight.