The steps to remove Instagram follows vary depending on the type of device that you are using. Aside from that, you can only remove a follower or all followers from your Instagram account if your account is private.
Therefore, in this article, we will look at how to switch from a public Instagram account to a private Instagram account to delete or remove your followers from the account.
Switch from a Public Instagram to a Private Instagram Account
You don’t need to make your Instagram account private before you can remove any followers from your account. However, if you wish to make your Instagram account private you can follow the steps below depending on the type of device that you are using.
Recommended: How to Delete an Instagram Account
If you are using an Android phone kindly follow the steps below to learn about how to make your Instagram account private.
- Launch the “Instagram” app on your Android phone.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the bottom right.
- Tap on the “three lines” at the top right.
- Choose “Settings & privacy.”
- Scroll down and select “Account Privacy.”
- Toggle on “Private Account.”
Note: You can only turn a personal account into a private account. If you are using a business account you need to turn it into a personal account and then into a private account.
iPhone (iOS 17)
Kindly follow the steps below to change your Instagram account to a private account if you are using a personal account on your iPhone.
- Launch the “Instagram” app on your “iPhone.”
- Tap on your “Profile” at the bottom right
- Select the “three lines” at the top right.
- Click on “Settings”
- Tap “Privacy.”
- Toggle on “Private Account.”
Your Instagram account will switch from public to private instantly.
Desktop or Laptop
If you are using a computer kindly follow the steps below to learn how to turn your Instagram account from a personal to a private account.
- Go to “Instagram.com” and sign in to your account.
- Tap on the “Menu” icon at the bottom left.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu.
- Click on “Who can see your content.”
- Choose “Private Account” under “Account Privacy”
Now, you have made your Instagram account private successfully. We can now proceed to how to remove or delete all your Instagram followers.
How to Remove Followers on Instagram
Here are the steps to take to remove or delete your followers on Instagram. The steps below depend on the type of device that you are using.
With the steps below you can easily delete followers from your Instagram account using your Android phone.
- Launch the “Instagram” app on your phone.
- Tap on your “Profile” picture.
- Enable “Private Account” on your account to make your Instagram account private.
- Tap on the “Follower” button at the top.
- Tap “Remove.”
- Tap “Remove” from the popup.
You can try the steps below on your iPhone to successfully delete a follower from your account.
- Launch the “Instagram” app.
- Choose your “Profile.”
- Tap “Followers.”
- Search for the follower that you want to remove and tap “Remove” next to the name.
- Choose “Remove” from the pop-under.
The selected follower will be removed from your account.
How to Remove Instagram Followers in Bulk
It’s unfortunate that you cannot remove multiple Instagram followers at once. There is no option to select up to 2 or more Instagram users at once when you want to remove or delete your followers. This means that you can only remove your followers on Instagram one by one until they are all removed. However, to avoid problems, you should limit the total number of remove per day to 50 followers.
How to Remove Instagram Followers without Blocking
You don’t have to block your followers before you can remove them from the list of your Instagram followers. So, to simply remove your followers on Instagram without blocking them you need to go to your Instagram profile, click on followers, select the user whose name you want to remove from your followers and tap on the remove button.