If your iPhone 13 won’t turn on and you would like to fix this issue, we have provided enough tips to help you fix this issue in this article. Some of these tips can be done by yourself and if it is a more serious issue then you have to contact a phone technician to have it fixed.
The main reason why your iPhone 13 won’t turn on include charging issues, battery issues, Unresponsiveness, and Physical damage. Although Apple phones are water resistant they are not waterproof, therefore we can’t ignore the fact that water may have entered into your phone.
That said, here in this article, we would discuss the reason why your iPhone 13 wont turn on, as well as provide various solutions to help you fix this issue.
Why Wont My iPhone 13 Turn On
There are several reasons why your iPhone 13 wont turn on and it may include the following:
- Charging issues.
- Battery issues.
- Unresponsive phone with black or a frozen screen.
- Physical damages from a hard fall or water.
How To Fix iPhone 13 Wont Turn On
Follow the listed steps on how to fix your iPhone 13 won’t turn on issues:
Force Restart Your iPhone 13
If you can’t turn on your iPhone 13, force restarting can help fix the issue of an unresponsive device. Follow these steps to force restart your iPhone 13 device:
How Do I Restart My iPhone 13 When The Screen Is Black
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button,
- Now press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo is displayed, then release the button.
Update your iPhone 13
In case your iPhone 13 gets stuck during start-up when the Apple logo or a red or blue screen appears when you try to start your phone. Follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to a computer. Then open the Finder on a Mac or open iTunes on a PC.
- Now select your iPhone on your computer.
- While your iPhone is connected: press and release the volume up button. Press and release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button. Ensure you press these buttons simultaneously.
Select your iPhone on your computer.
- Keep holding the buttons until the recovery mode screen appears on your iPhone.
- You will get the option to restore or update your iPhone, then choose Update.
- Your computer will download the software for your device. Ensure it doesn’t take more than 15 minutes. So your device will not exit recovery mode, but if it does you can repeat the steps.
Charge Your iPhone 13
If your Phone’s battery is flat or dead, you may encounter iPhone 13 wont turn on issues. Also charging your phone with a damaged charging accessory may not allow your iPhone to charge. If your phone is not properly plugged into a good wall outlet it won’t charge and may fail to power on.
This issue may get resolved by simply charging your phone with a good charging cable and USB adapter.
Follow these troubleshooting procedures:
- Check your charging cable for signs of damage, like bent prongs or breakage. Ensure you replace a damaged charging cable and USB adapter.
- Ensure you use a good wall power outlet and check if there is a firm connection between your charging cable, USB wall adapter, and wall outlet. If your phone won’t still turn on, ensure you plug your iPhone into another power outlet.
- Debris formed at the charging port of your phone may prevent your phone from charging. Therefore, ensure you clean and remove any debris from the charging port on the bottom of your phone and plug your charging cable firmly into your device.
- If the charging port of your phone is damaged, then it needs to be fixed.
Replace Your iPhone 13 Battery
Sometimes our phone batteries can get weakened or damaged after a certain period. A weak or damaged battery can prevent your phone from turning on.
Your iPhone battery can be replaced for a service fee by Apple or by a phone technician. A warranty does not cover batteries that wear down from normal use. However, if your iPhone is covered by warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law, your battery would be replaced for free.
Return To Service Center
We can’t ignore the fact that this issue could have been due to a manufacturing issue by Apple. Ensure you return your iPhone 13 to the Apple service center to have it checked. If the issue is confirmed to be a manufacturing defect from Apple your iPhone13 would be replaced with a new one as it is covered by a warranty.
Also, the issue of your iPhone 13 wont turn on could be due to physical damages. Often when your phone falls into the water it can get damaged and won’t turn on. Also, the screen of your iPhone 13 may have been crushed due to a hard fall.
However, the Apple warranty does not cover physical damages. But you can still return to the Apple service center and you would be charged to have your phone fixed.
What Do You Do If Your iPhone Wont Turn On At All?
The first thing to do if your iPhone wont on at all is to check your charging accessories and the charging port on your phone. Ensure you replace your charging accessories and also use a good wall outlet. Also, ensure you fix the charging port on your iPhone if damaged.
How Do I Fix An Unresponsive iPhone 13?
If your iPhone 13 suddenly gets unresponsive or freezes, follow these steps to fix an unresponsive iPhone 13:
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Why Is My iPhone Dead And Won’t Turn On
The few reasons your iPhone 13 won’t turn on may include: Charging issues, battery issues, Unresponsiveness, and physical damages.
iPhone 13 Won’t Turn On Or Charge
If your iPhone 13 won’t turn on or charge, this can be due to using damaged charging accessories or a bad power outlet. Also if your phone battery is weak or damaged your iPhone 13 won’t turn on or charge.
To fix this issue check the charging port below your iPhone, as it should be fixed if damaged. Replace a weak or defective battery with a good battery, then check your charging accessories and ensure you plug your device into a good power outlet.
iPhone 13 Pro Screen Not Turning On
If your iPhone 13 pro screen not turning on force restart your iPhone 13 with these steps: Press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button, then finally press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen of your device.
If the issue of your iPhone 13 pro screen not turning on, continues to check your charging accessories then plug your phone into a good power wall outlet and allow your phone to charge for up to an hour.
If this issue is not resolved then you should replace the charging port on your iPhone or replace the battery.
iPhone 13 Won’t Turn On After Overheating
Overheating can shorten the lifespan of a battery and your iPhone 13 wont turn on. Ensure you avoid exposing your iPhone to ambient temperatures higher than 95° F (35° C).
How To Turn On iPhone 13
If you are having trouble charging your iPhone follow these steps: Turn on your iPhone 13 press and hold the side button or Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
In conclusion, a damaged charging port and damaged charging accessories are the reasons your iPhone 13 may fail to turn on. But other reasons included using a bad wall power outlet and a damaged battery. Also, physical damages may have affected the hardware of your iPhone.