There are a few error codes that you will learn to deal with if you own a Samsung smart TV and use the smart hub consistently. One such error code is the Samsung TV error code 107. Meanwhile, if your Samsung TV isn’t smart, you won’t have to worry about the error code because you wouldn’t have to connect the TV to the internet via router or Wi-Fi.
The Samsung TV error code 107 isn’t something series as simple troubleshooting can help to fix. Even though Samsung acknowledge the error code 107 on Samsung, it has nothing to do with the TV set-up. The Samsung smart TV error code 107 has to do with the internet connection. So, if the error code occurs and the TV is shut down and turned on again, it’s likely that the error code would have gone.
Well, with that being said, we will discuss how to fix the Samsung TV error code 107 without spending a dime. We will consider troubleshooting from the basic to the advanced level.
What is Samsung TV Error Code 107?
Error code 107 occurs when you are streaming with your Samsung smart hub and the TV internet connection is lost. This won’t affect the TV but the streaming will stop. And once your internet access is back your TV will be reconnected to the internet clearing the error code 107 on its own.
In other words, the Samsung TV error code 107 implies that there is a problem with your TV open API which occurs because your internet connection is disconnected. And once your TV cannot connect to the internet, your TV smart hub cannot possibly work.
How to Fix Samsung TV Error Code 107
There are possibly a few steps you need to take to fix the Samsung Smart TV returning error code 107 while using the smart hub. We will consider starting the troubleshooting from the basic to the advanced level.
Power Cycle your Samsung Smart TV
Some of us don’t do this often. Instead of removing our TV from the power source or wall socket, we only turn off the TV with the help of remote control or by pressing the power button. This won’t discharge the TV power completely rather it’d put the TV in standby mode.
Now, to power cycle your Samsung smart TV to fix the error code follow the steps below.
- Power off your Samsung smart TV using either the remote or the power button.
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV and turn on TV.
- Connect the TV to the internet via WiFi or Hotspot or router.
- Then, go to the TV smart hub and see if the error code 107 still stays.
Clear your Samsung TV Cache
If you haven’t cleared your Samsung TV app cache in a while it can result in error code 107 while trying to use the aid app. So, you need to delete all caches on your Samsung TV once in a while. However, if you are a novice and don’t know how to delete caches on Samsung TV kindly follow the steps below.
- Turn on your Samsung smart TV.
- Navigate to “Settings” and press the enter button on your remote.
- Select “Apps” to open the list of apps you have on your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to “System Apps” and select the app that is giving your error code 107.
- Select “Clear Cache” from the information.
- Select “OK” and then “Confirm” to delete the app cache.
Once you have cleared the selected app cache open the app and see whether the error code 107 still stays.
Note: The above steps are the basic steps to take to fix Samsung smart TV error code 107. If neither of the above methods works you can consider the advanced methods below.
Update your Samsung Smart TV Firmware
If your Samsung smart TV firmware is outdated it can cause the TV to malfunction. Therefore, we will advise that you should check for the latest firmware update and update your TV to it if there is any available.
- Turn on your Samsung TV and connect the TV to WiFi.
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote.
- Navigate to the “Settings” to the bottom-left of the page.
- Navigate and select “Support”
- Select “Software Update”
- Select “Update Now.”
If there is the latest update awaiting your TV, your TV will ask you to confirm the action so it can download and install it Installing the new update might take a few minutes.
During this period do not turn off your PC as the TV will restart automatically once the update is completed without deleting your personal configuration.
Note: Alternatively, you can download the latest firmware update to a USB drive, plug the drive into your smart TV and update the firmware manually.
Do not forget to turn on “Auto-update” to automatically download and install the latest firmware update whenever your TV is connected to the internet.
Run a Network Test
Since the Samsung error code 107 problem is associated with the network connection problem then, it’s wise enough to run a network test to see if it can be fixed. So, we will consider running a network test here.
- Go to your Samsung TV “Settings.”
- Hover and press the “Enter” button on “General.”
- Choose “Network” >> “Network Status.”
You will see the status of your network. However, you need to understand the network information.
- X between your TV and router means that the network issue is either with your router or the TV.
- X falls between the router and earth it implies that the issue lies between your router/home network and ISP.
So, with this, you’d know where to channel your energy in a bid to fix the 107 error code Samsung smart TV glitch.
Test your Samsung TV Connection to Smart Hub
If there is a problem connecting your Samsung TV to your smart hub you might have a problem that will generate the error code 107. Therefore, it’s wise to check your internet connection, ISP, Samsung service, and app service. Since Samsung let you do all these using the built-in smart hab connect test, below are the steps to take.
- Press the “Menu” button on your remote.
- Navigate to “Settings” >> Support.
- Scroll down and choose “Device Care” >> “Self Diagnosis.”
- Choose “Start Smart Hub Connection Test.”
- Hold one for a couple of seconds for the “Smart Hub Connection Test” to complete. Once the test is completed, click on “Close.”
Now, review the result of the connection test and follow the suggested instruction to fix the problem.
Reset your Samsung Smart TV
If the Samsung error code 107 still stays after all the steps above then restoring your TV to the default is the only way to go. When reset to the default or factory settings. Meanwhile, all personal configurations will be wiped off if you choose to reset your Samsung TV to default. With that being said, following the procedures below will help you to reset your Samsung TV to default.
- Turn on your Samsung TV.
- Click on the “Menu” button.
- Navigate to and select “Support.”
- Scroll down and choose “Self Diagnosis” and select the “Enter” button.
- Choose “Reset” and enter your “Reset PIN.”
- Type your “Security PIN”
- Accept the warning message
The reset process will begin and the TV will be wiped off. Once the process is completed you will be prompted to configure your TV.