Prime Video is a top streaming platform available to only Amazon Prime members. As an eligible member of Amazon Prime, you will enjoy access to thousands of Prime Video movie titles at no extra cost. You also have the option to either rent or buy movies and TV shows that are not included in Prime Video. Also, you can subscribe to over 100 premium channels on your Prime Video. To begin to enjoy these benefits as an Amazon Prime member, we will show you how to register your device on Prime Video.
Prime Video is available to Amazon Prime members in over 200 different countries and territories. Note that the Prime membership offers to vary according to country so, during the signup process for Prime Video, you will be asked to provide your location. This will help them determine which membership options are available to you during the signup process.
How to Register your Device on Prime Video App
The Prime video application works with a wide range of devices like televisions, mobile devices, Amazon devices, streaming media devices, game consoles, and Blu-ray players. To register your device on Prime video, all you need to do is open the app store on the device to download and install the Prime video application.
Afterward, launch the application and register the device. To register the device, select Register on the Amazon website option. This is where you will be given a code to enter. Although, some devices will allow you to Sign in and begin streaming using just your Amazon account information.
For mobile devices, the Prime Video app is available for devices that run on Android and iOS. However, note that the supported features will vary depending on the specific model and configuration of the mobile device that you use. This means that not all Prime Video titles support all features. Take a look at some of the features you can get on Android and iOS devices below.
On Android devices
- Streaming Video Quality is up to Ultra HD
- The sound quality is up to 5.1 surround sound, Dolby Atmos.
- Subtitles are available.
- Live Streaming is supported on the latest Prime Video app.
- Audio Description is available.
- Live ad support is available on the latest Prime Video app.
- Ad-supported channels are also available on the latest version of the app.
On iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- The streaming video quality is up to HD.
- The sound quality is stereo.
- Subtitles are available.
- Audio Description is enabled.
- Live Streaming is available on the latest Prime Video app.
- Live ad support is also available on the latest Prime Video app.
- Ad-supported channels are available on the latest version of the app.
How to Watch Prime Video on Chromecast
To cast your Prime Video content using Chromecast, follow our guide below.
- Launch your Prime Video app and click on the Cast icon.
- Then select the Chromecast device you will like to use.
- You should note that your mobile device needs to be connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast. Also ensure that your Chromecast, Prime Video app, and your mobile devices are up to date. If you use an Android device, you have to ensure that it is up to date as well.
- Then, you can select a title you will like to watch. The title you selected would begin to show on the television your Chromecast is connected to.
- However, if you will like to change your subtitle settings on Chromecast, you will need to disconnect the Chromecast first and then navigate to your phone’s accessibility settings to adjust the caption or subtitle settings there.
Enable Parental control on Prime video
To enable Prime Video parental control, you will need to provide your PIN to bypass any purchase or viewing restrictions you might have enabled.
To do this, open the Prime Video app, go to Account, and select Settings. From the Settings tab, select Parental Controls. On your mobile devices, launch your Prime Video app and select My Stuff from the bottom menu. Then select the Settings icon and click on Parental Controls. Select Change Prime Video PIN, enter a PIN and select Save.
You should note that Prime Video PINS only applies to the device they were set up for. Hence, setting or changing your Prime Video PIN in your Prime Video app will not automatically enable or disable PIN on Purchase settings. You can only enable or disable PIN on purchase through the Prime Video Account & Settings page.
You should also read on how to activate Prime video on all your devices here.
Now, you can begin to enjoy Prime Video services as a registered Amazon Prime member. Follow our guide above to register your device on Prime Video. In case you have any challenges, let us know in the comments section below.