GCam APK stable version is now available for Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 8 alongside the GCam configuration settings to make the Google camera APK work perfectly on Android which includes the Redmi Note phones according to the developer.
When you download GCam APK for Redmi Note 7 and the configuration, the Google camera application can be set to work as the default camera app for your phone. The GCam app also works Redmi Note 7 pro and other Redmi previous versions like Redmi Note 5.
While we have confirmed that the GCam works on some Redmi smartphones, the MediaTek version is yet to support the Google camera application. Therefore, if your Redmi phone is powered by the MediaTek, the GCam APK will not work as expected.
We never can tell for now while the GCam app failed to work with MediaTek phones. However, while the future holds a lot, the G Camera may turn out another feature that will make it support the MediaTek phones and other Redmi phones.
Download GCam APK and the Configuration File
Both the APK GCam installer file and the configuration file must be downloaded together before the Google camera application can work on Redmi Note 7.
However, before you proceed to install GCam on your Redmi Note 7 or Note 7 Pro and Redmi Note 8 you need to download the GCam installer file APK and the configuration file from the link shared below at the end of this article.
How to Enable Unknown Sources
To avoid the APK file you are trying to install might contain unsafe contents you need to enable install from unknown sources.
- Go to your Redmi Note settings
- Tap on “security”
- Scroll down and click on “unknown sources”
- Click on “OK” from the pop to enable unknown sources
With this feature, you will be able to install all APK apps including GCam APK on your phone.
How to Install GCam APK on Redmi Note 7/8
Here is how to install the GCam APK on a Redmi Note 7/8 smartphone and pull the configuration settings from the download manager.
- Go to your Redmi Note 7/8 download folder
- Find the GCam APK from the list of the downloaded files
- Click on the install button to the bottom right
- The GCam will pop up the install progress
- Wait for some couple of seconds
- Click on “Open” to launch the camera app or “dual app”
- Cose the app once the installation is completed.
Now, you have successfully installed the GCamera APK on your Redmi Note 7/8 pro, below is how to configure the app to be able to explore the advanced features.
How to Configure Google Camera APK
Here is the fastest way to configure the Google Cam application on Redmi Note 7/8 to be able to explore the camera app’s advanced features.
- Open the Google Camera app (if you selected done from step 6 above)
- Navigate and click on the “More” tab to the right
- Tap on the settings
- Scroll down and click on “save settings”
- Give your GCam settings a name
- Click on the Save button
- Navigate to the Redmi Note 7/8 file manager
- Find the GCam in your phone’s folder
- Find the file called “Configs”
- Copy and paste the “wyroczen_rn8pro_3.xml” downloaded with the GCam APK (see the download link below
- Launch the Google camera application again
- Click on the “black portion” between the camera app shutter to preview GCam photos.
- Take note of the dialogue box and select the GCam “XML” configuration file
- Click on the “restore option”
- Now, the GCam will close by itself and launch again (just like the app is restarting).
Once the GCam app has restarted, the Google camera advances features will be available to explore on your Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 8 phone.
GCam APK Saturation issue on Redmi Note 7/8
If you are faced with the saturation issue on your Redmi Note 7 while installing or using the Google camera application here is the fastes approach to fix it.
- Launch the GCam APK from your phone
- Navigate to the settings
- Click on GCam settings
- Tap on “Saturation Adjustments”
- Change the saturation default values to 2.0 and 2.4 for both the front and back camera
- Click on the “Save” button
Now, close the Google camera application and then re-launch it again. The issue emanating from the GCam saturation issue will be fixed.