If you are a lover of good sound quality and high-quality Earbuds, then the Skullcandy Indy Evo might just be the perfect choice for you. The Skullcandy Indy Evo is a trendy and nice earbud. This article will be guiding you on how to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo in case you just got a pair.
Regardless of whether you prefer your headphones wired or wireless, you will find something that you like in the Skullcandy inventory. The Skullcandy can be paired with mobile devices, computers, and other smart Bluetooth-enabled devices.
Skullcandy offers wired, wireless, and true wireless earbuds which are sold at different price segments. Let’s get to work as we walk you through how to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo with several smart devices.
Features of Skullcandy Indy Evo
The Skullcandy has several amazing features that make it the best option for many users. These features include:
- The Skullcandy Indy Evo has 3 amazing EQ modes and a battery life that lasts 6 hours and 24 hours using the charging case.
- It has a 6mm dynamic driver diameter.
- It has an IP rating of IPX5 waterproof certification and lots more.
- Flexibility is one of the biggest assets that come along with Skullcandy’s range of products.
How to Pair Skullcandy Indy Evo Manually
In case you need to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo manually, follow the steps below:
- Prime and turn on your earbuds during which process they pair with each other and get ready to enter pairing mode.
- To do this, take your earbuds out and insert them into the charging case.
- Close the charging case and wait for a few seconds as the LED turns red.
- Then, you can remove the earbuds from the case to turn them on.
- They will enter pairing mode automatically at first use.
- Now, simply locate the Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds on your Bluetooth Devices list on your phone, computer, or other audio sources.
- Choose the particular Skullcandy earbuds and they should pair immediately with your connected device.
- In case you have paired them before, you can reset each earbud by tapping the touch button 4 times quickly.
- Repeat this process with both earbuds and place them back into the charging case to complete the reset process.
The earbuds also offer audio and LED notifications once they are in pairing mode. You will receive an audio prompt for the same and the LED notification light located on the left earbud will begin flashing blue and red.
The Skullcandy earbuds also have a feature that allows you to use either the left or right earbuds as a single device.
How to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo To a PC (Windows)
In case you were wondering how to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo to your PC, below are the steps to follow:
- Enable Window’s Bluetooth.
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth and other devices.
- Choose “Add device”.
- Now, select “Bluetooth”.
- Open the lid of the charging case to remove the earbuds.
- After this, the earbuds will turn on automatically.
- Long-press on the multifunction touch button on both earbuds for about 4 seconds.
- Then, press and hold the multifunction touch button again on both earbuds for about 6 seconds, so they can pair successfully with each other.
- Now, they will be ready to pair with any device.
- Choose “Skullcandy Indy Evo”.
- In case it’s a request for a password, simply type “0000”.
- After that, the pairing will be done.
This is all about pairing Skullcandy Indy Evo with PC.
How to Pair Skullcandy Indy Evo to iOS and Android phones
To pair Skullcandy Indy Evo with iOS and Android phones, follow the steps below:
- Open the lid of the charging case and remove the earbuds.
- After that, the earbuds will power on automatically.
- Then, long-press on the multifunction touch button on both earbuds for about 4 seconds.
- Long-press on the multifunction touch button on both earbuds again for about 6 seconds, so they can pair with each other.
- Now, they are ready to pair with any device.
- Navigate to the device’s Bluetooth Settings.
- Choose “Skullcandy Indy Evo”.
- Simply type “0000” if a password is needed.
- After this, the pairing will be done successfully.
This is how to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo to iOS and Android devices. Although the steps are quite similar to when connecting to a PC.
When you see the LED light on your Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds, it implies that they are in pairing or discovery mode. This may also mean that your headphones are searching for another Bluetooth device to connect with.
At times, headphones in pairing mode are trying to pair but failed to connect with another device. Therefore, they may also run into an error during pairing, so they blink red and blue to let you know.
Recommended: How to Pair Skullcandy Indy
Why is my Skullcandy Indy Evo not pairing together?
In case you followed the steps above to pair your earbuds but your Skullcandy Indy Evo won’t get Indy to pair to your phone or your earbuds are facing one issue or the other. You can follow the troubleshooting steps in the latter part of this article to resolve pairing issues. Place your Indy earbuds in the charging case. Remove Indy from your device’s paired list. Power on only your right Indy earbud by removing it from the case.
How to Reset your earbuds to resolve pairing issues
If you are having issues trying to pair your earbuds with your device, simply follow these steps:
- Place your Indy Evo earbuds in the charging case.
- You will see Indy from your device’s paired list.
- Turn on only your right Indy Evo earbud by bringing it from the case.
- Remove both earbuds from the case to turn it on.
- Click on the touch sensor on both earbuds three times, and then hold down for about 2 seconds.
- The earbuds will begin to flash red twice and then Blue twice, you will hear a sound that indicates a successful reset, and your earbuds will enter back into Pairing Mode.
- Open Bluetooth Settings and turn Bluetooth ON on your device.
- Select “Indy Evo” and click on either PAIR or OK prompts to complete the pairing.
How to restore audio in earbuds
In situations when there’s no audio coming from your earbuds, you can re-sync your earbuds by putting them in the charging case and closing the lid for about 2 seconds. Remove the earbuds again from the charging case. The earbuds should now play audio.
If the first step does not work, return the earbuds to the case and follow the steps below.
- Open Bluetooth Settings and turn Bluetooth OFF on your device.
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case and ensure they are both turned ON.
- Click on the sensor on the earbuds four times.
- The LEDs should flash Red/Blue as the earbuds re-sync, once successful both earbuds will flash Blue together four times.
- Power on the Bluetooth on your device and select; “Indy Evo” in your paired list.
- The LEDs in both earbuds should blink Blue and a voice prompt will show when the earbuds have reconnected to your device.
That’s it! Quite straightforward.
How do you get both Skullcandy earbuds to work at the same time?
If you want your pair of earbuds to be used, place the right earbud back in the charging case, close the lid, and finally take out both the left and right earbuds together. You will hear a single Beep to indicate that both earbuds are paired and connected to your device. Now, all media functionality will be restored.
Disconnect and Re-Connect to a Paired Device
Most times, once you can’t connect Skillcandy Indy Evo to your device, the problem lies within the connection between devices, rather than if either device itself is faulty. In this situation, you need to disconnect your earbuds (via the Bluetooth settings on your smartphone/computer) and then try to re-pair.
Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds Indy Evo
After turning off both buds, reset them by simply touching each bud for about 10 seconds to completely reset them (this will help to power cycle them on and off again).
We hope you have been able to resolve all issues on how to pair Skullcandy Indy Evo and that you have learned a thing or two from this article. Please drop your thoughts in the comments section below if you have any.