In this article, we will discuss how to pair your Amazon Fire TV stick remote comprehensively. If you’ve just gotten a new remote replacement or maybe your Amazon Fire TV stick Remote suddenly stops working and you are looking for a way to fix that?
Normally, your Amazon Fire TV stick is supposed to connect with your Fire Stick Remote automatically, if the remote comes with the Amazon Fire device.
But, in a scenario where the Fire TV Stick Remote isn’t pairing with the Fire Stick TV device, which in common cases can be due to a loss in connection, obstruction or low batteries.
There are some steps you can take to quickly get your device paired right away. But before you do that you have to check whether the batteries are in good working conditions and whether they are correctly placed.
If the batteries are working perfectly, and your Amazon Fire Tv stick remote isn’t Pairing. Then, you need to pair the Amazon Fire TV stick and its remote manually. And here’s is how you can pair it manually.
Recommended: How to Update Firestick
How to Pair Your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
Since your remote isn’t pairing automatically, here is how you can do it manually. Follow these instructions closely:
- Power on the Fire TV Stick device
- Get the TV Remote (make sure you are close to the TV).
- Now, locate the home button (which has a house icon)
- And press and hold it for about 9 – 15 seconds.
Once You see a light blinking quickly at the top of the remote, on screen a message should appear as an indication that it has been paired or the light on the remote button will flash a blue color three time.
Once you notice any of these signs, it means the paring process is successful.
But, if after trying this a few times, the problem still persists. Then you need to try resetting your Fire TV Stick remote.
And to do that, here is a simple step to Reset you’re Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote.
How to Reset an Amazon Fire Stick Remote
The first thing you have to do to correctly Reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote is to Unplug your TV from the power socket and wait for 60 seconds.
After doing that, follow these instructions closely:
- Press and holds down the “Left button” then the “Menu button” and then the “Back button” all at the same time (don’t release your hand yet)
- Now, hold it for 12 seconds.
- After doing that, release your hands from the remote.
- Now, wait for 5 seconds again.
- Remove the batteries from the remote
- After doing that, plug your Fire TV device into the power source and wait for 60 seconds
- Now, put the batteries back into the remote and press the “Home button”
After doing all these, successfully, the led indicator on the remote should blink blue. If it blinks Blue, it means the pairing worked.
However, in a scenario where the LED indicator isn’t blinking blue light. Press and Hold down the Power button for 10 seconds.
After doing this. It should pair successfully, But in scenario where the Amazon Fire TV Remote can’t be found, You can make use of your smartphone to Pair it.
How to Pair your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote with Your Smartphone
Since the remote is missing, you can make use of the Fire Stick Tv App Temporarily as a remote.
To do that here are the steps you have to follow:
- Go on Google Playstore and search for “Fire Tv Stick remote app“
- Download and Install the app on your phone
- After installing, launch it
- Now, Tap sign in and Enter Your amazon Login details
- A 4 digit pin will be displayed on your Amazon smart Tv
- Enter the 4 digit pin on the Fire stick Tv app
You can keep using it for the main time, but using it continuously is not advisable. So although apart from the Tv remote
Now, if you are faced with a scenario where you have another remote and you want to pair it to your Fire TV Stick.
How To Pair Another Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
You simply have to follow the same steps as described above, if you can’t find the Fire TV Stick remote that came with the amazon Fire Stick device, and you want to keep the initial remote that comes with Amazon Fire TV Stick device.
Since Amazon Fire TV stick allows you to pair up to 7 remotes. Hers’s a simple way to go about it.
- Turn on your Smart TV – The one your Amazon Fire TV Stick has been configured on.
- Locate and select “setting” From the TV menu
- Now, select “Controller and Bluetooth devices”
- On the new screen, Select, “Amazon Fire TV Remotes“
- Now, Press and hold the “Home button” for 10 seconds.
After doing that the new remote should be paired with your TV, in a scenario where you want to use your remote with another Fire Stick device and you have paired two remote to a device.
You have to un-pair one. You can’t have a Fire TV Stick Remote paired to two devices at the same time.
But, if you’re faced with a scenario where you have two Fire TV Stick Remote to a Firestick and you want to unpair one of them here’s how to go about it:
How to Unpair your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
- Navigate to the Amazon Fire TV setting icons on the TV
- On the next screen, Locate and click on “Controllers and Bluetooth devices“
- Now, click on “Amazon Fire TV Remotes“
- Select the Fire TV Stick Remote you wish to un-pair.
- Carefully locate the second Remote, the one you don’t want to un-pair
- On that remote, Press the 3-line Menu Key
- On the same remote (the one you don’t want to un-pair) Press “select”
If you follow all the instructions closely the second Fire TV Stick Remote will be un-paired.
In addition to that, in the New Firestick device and the Fire Stick TV remote which comes with the basic TV controls. There are some buttons on the TV remote that sync’s with the IR profile of your TV.
Which are: both the “Power On and Off button”, “the Volume up and down button” and the “MUTE button“.
These buttons are different from the other buttons because they are automatically synced with the TV.
In most instances, they pair automatically with your TV. But, in a scenario where they are not working. You can also manually pair them.
To go about that, follow these steps closely:
- On the home screen of your TV select the Fire Stick “settings icon“
- Now, locate “Equipment Control” and click on it
- On the next screen, scroll down and select “manage equipment”
- Now, select “TV”
- Locate “change TV” and click on it
- An extra prompt will come up on the screen, simply click “change TV again”
- Wait for a few minute
A prompt will come up confirming if Fire Stick detected the correct TV
If it’s the correct TV
- Click “Yes“
- If Not, click “No” and select your TV Brand
After following these instructions closely, the basic TV remote control Buttons will start working Perfectly.
Pairing your Fire TV stick remote is much of a problem especially if you’re just setting it up newly.
A new Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote should pair automatically with your device. But, in rare cases where it is unpaired, you should consider checking the batteries, and the distance between the remote and the device.
However, if the Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote is a replacement remote, you might have to pair it manually to your device.