Are you having problems with Epic game launcher won’t open on your Windows 10? Do not be panicked. This guide will explain in detail how to fix epic game launcher not working or Epic game wont open on Windows 10 2019.
If you are a fan of Fortnite game and loved to play the 3D game on Windows 10 this guide will detailed everything you need to do to fix the epic game launcher not launching when you try to play Epic game Fortnite on Windows 10 2019.
Table of Contents
- Epic Game Launcher Wont Open on Windows 10 2019
- Epic Game Launcher not Opening
- How to Fix Epic Game Launcher Won’t Open
- 1. Disable Anti-Virus
- 2. End Epic Launcher via Task Manager
- 3. Change Epic Launcher Property
- Epic Game Launcher Won’t Uninstall
- Fix KB915597 Windows Defender Update
- Epic Game Launcher Virus
Epic Game Launcher Wont Open on Windows 10 2019
We are yet to find a final solution to fix epic games launcher not open Or Epic game launcher not opening popup. But, if you are facing the epic game launcher not working when you clicked on the Epic game launcher icon on your Windows 10 to open but refuses to open, the tricks shared here will give you a possible solution to fix the epic game launcher if the epic game launcher won’t uninstall.
If epic game launcher not starting after the you have tried all the approaches we share here we’ll advise you to uninstall epic game launcher.
If Windows 10 fails to uninstall following the Windows software uninstall approach, we’d force to uninstall the epic launcher installer.
Epic Game Launcher not Opening
Epic game launcher not working on Windows 10 solution to start playing Fortnite 3D game that won’t open or won’t let you uninstall. To enjoy playing the Fortnite game, the developers recommended using the Epic game launcher.
However, a lot of players have been complaining that the Epic game launcher won’t open after the installation on Windows 10. And epic launcher won’t uninstall.
If you are facing Epic launcher not working to play Fortnite on Windows 10 here is a quick way to fix. With this guide, no more unable to use the Epic game launcher to play Fortnite game or unable to uninstall.
How to Fix Epic Game Launcher Won’t Open
To fix the Epic game launcher not working and uninstall it on Windows 10 disable your Anti-virus if you are using third-party anti-virus that is stopping the launcher from working and enable Windows Defender to protect your computer against a virus or Trojan.
Other approaches to fix Epic launcher won’t open include using task manager to stop the launcher and remove it. Another approach I will discuss with you is to change the game launcher’s property so that you will be able to open it.
1. Disable Anti-Virus
If you are using an anti-virus other than the Windows Defender to block a virus or Trojan from entering into your device it can also block Epic game launcher from working fine.
The first step to undertake for the epic game not opening to play Fortnite on Windows 10 is to disable your anti-virus.
Follow the procedures below to disable your anti-virus and see whether it fixes the launcher not working on your Windows 10.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Settings.
- Click System on the Settings menu.
- Select Apps & features from the left pane.
- Select your anti-virus you wish to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button that appears
- Click on Uninstall from the popup
2. End Epic Launcher via Task Manager
At times apps will start misbehaving for no single reason. They will keep hanging and the app won’t work as expected. To end this you can either restart your PC or end the program via the task manager.
Following the procedures below, you will be able to end the Epic launcher won’t open on your Windows 10.
- Press the following keys together on your keyboard ” (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC) “
- Scroll through the apps and click on the “Epicgamelauncher“ icon
- Tap on end task
- Restart the game launcher and see it working fine.
3. Change Epic Launcher Property
Another approach you can use to fix the launcher not working is adding -OpenGL to the end of the launcher editing its property.
Here is how to change the Epic launcher’s property and add -OpenGL to the end.
- Go to your Windows 10 desktop and right-click on the Epic game launcher
- Select property from the interface that comes up
- Locate shortcut under detail and click on the target
- Add -OpenGL to the end of the field. In the end, the field should look like:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe” –OpenGL
There has been a lot of testimonies that adding OpenGL to the end of the property field fixes the issue.
Which of these procedures work fine for you? Please kindly share your experience if this works for you and if none works for you.
Epic Game Launcher Won’t Uninstall
If Epic game launcher won’t uninstall or the Epic games launcher not responding didn’t disappear, there is a room to force uninstall the launcher from your PC and completely shut down the Epic game launcher from your Windows 10.
If the Fortnite launcher not working after all the above procedures, another option you have left is to force uninstall the fortnite game and the launcher completely.
However, as part of our commitment to fix the epic games launcher won’t open, we’ll teach you how to uninstall the Epic game launcher from your device.
There is no way that the epic game launcher won’t uninstall if you follow these procedures.
Note that you can use this approach to remove Epic game launcher is not Mac. It’s strictly for Windows 10 PC.
1. From your Windows 10 home screen, launch the search bar and search for Add or Remove Programs
2. Search for Epic Games Launcher and click on the uninstall option
After this, if the Epic Game launcher is closed the launcher will be successfully uninstalled. However, if the launcher is opened, you will get a popup message that says you need to close the Epic game launcher completely to be able to uninstall it completely.
To proceed with the uninstallation, you need to accept the popup and proceed as explain below. Else, you won’t be able to further get rid of the launcher.
3. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open task manager or right click on your computer taskbar and select task manager from the popup.
4. Under the task manager process tab, click on the Epic Game Launcher to highlight it as shown below.
5. Hover your mouse pointer to the bottom right and click on end task to kill the launcher. You can also right-click on the Epic game launcher and click on end task from the popup.
6. Once you have successfully ended Epic game launcher from running the background section of your Windows 10 PC you can then proceed to the first and second steps above to uninstall the launcher fully.
Question for you
Do you save your data before you uninstall Epic Game launcher if it’s not working or opening? Or what precaution measure do you take to save your data on Epic game?
Fix KB915597 Windows Defender Update
KB915597 could be causing the Fortnite game launcher to be crashing if your Windows Defender is outdated. And if you are unable to update your Windows Defender as often as possible the error KB915597 could be stopping the epic game launcher from opening.
So, another approach you’d want to try to fix the epic game launcher won’t open or not starting is to update your Windows Defender.
- Click on your Windows 10 Start menu
- Click on the search button and type “Windows Defender” and hit the search button
- Click on the Windows Defender logo
- Connect to the internet and update your Windows Defender
You can update Windows Defender manually though. But, going to update it online will helps you to upgrade to the latest release.
Epic Game Launcher Virus
After the above attempt to fix Epic game launcher wont open, you may be thinking that the the reason why the Epic launcher isn’t opening is because the launcher is a vrius. Like is Epic game launcher a virus?
However, from our findings, the Epic game launcher isn’t a virus. And the only reason it has to do with virus is that most Anti-virus block the Epic game launcher from opening.
As such, when you are faced with Epic game launcher not launching or Epic game launcher not working, you should first check your anit-virus setup and the Windows 10 Defender to make sure that the launcher is not blocked from running on your Windows 10.
So, Epic game launcher is not a virus.