Is your Samsung dryer giving you issues or showing error codes. Fortunately, for every Samsung dryer problem, there is a possible solution. This implies you don’t have to involve a professional immediately. Here in this article, you will learn how to reset Samsung dryer once you notice it is malfunctioning.
Resetting your Samsung dryer is quite simple. You can unplug (turn off the power) for about five minutes for the electrical charge to clear out of the dryer then plug back in again, this may help reset it. This sometimes helps if the Plugging and unplugging of the dryer from the power source help when the control board is locked up due to a power efflux that occurs through the electric supply.
If the problem has to do with codes and it keeps appearing even after unplugging and plugging back (i.e. after restoring power to the dryer) then, the electronic control board will need a replacement.
Reset your Samsung Dryer by following the steps below:
Having the above in mind and you are not sure if your dryer has a reset button?
Push the Reset Button
On the control panel of many dryers, the reset button is located. Let the dryer cool for about ten minutes if the engine won’t run. Then select the reset button. If the engine, switches, or electrical system has no issue, then this method should restart the dryer.
This should be easily fixed in some models because some tumble dryers just behind the machine are the reset buttons. All you need to do is long-press on the button and wait for a click sound.
Run a Vent Blockage test to Reset Samsung Dryer
- Ensure you empty the drum, then close the door.
- Tap on the Power button to switch on the dryer within 5 seconds,
- Long press on Adjust Time Up + Dry Level until InS or In appears on display.
- To start the Vent Blockage test, also long-press on Start/Pause, this process lasts for approximately 2 minutes.
Reset the Thermal Fuse
Inspect the thermal fuse, switch on, and door switch because the reason why your dryer is not working is most likely be caused by all three aforementioned. Although, in some dryers, when the drive belt breaks the tension pulley arm trips a switch which turns off the power that affects the entire dryer.
You can reset the dryer fuse by following the step by step procedure below:
- Turn off the Samsung dryer’s power.
- Open the front panel so you can look through into the dryer’s compartment.
- Shine a flashlight towards the “flat-can-like” component to get the blown thermal fuse.
In case you find it difficult to reset the thermal fuse; if it’s blown, do a replacement with the manufacturer-approved part.
Samsung Dryer Error Codes And Their Solutions
Once you see any of these listed error codes displayed on your dryer, you will know what the issue is with the information provided below:
- tS: The temperature sensor is faulty. Inspect it.
- tO: Thermistor is faulty (electrically open and check)
- do: The door is open. Close it.
- FE: The Power supply frequency is not within reach.
- dF: Door switches defective.
- HE or hE: Heating error (for gas dryer)
- HE or hE: Heating error (for electric dryer)
- bE: Button is stuck on the control panel.
HC or HE
In this case, the hot air compressor may be overheated and needs to cool down. Go through the following steps:
- Switch off your Samsung dryer for about 20 minutes.
- Switch on the dryer and start the cycle again.
- Still not working? Switch off the dryer again.
- At the same time, press the 2 buttons (depending on dryer model) ‘time’ and ‘mixed laundry’, or ‘dryness level’ and ‘mixed laundry’.
- Switch on the dryer.
- Leave the buttons as soon as you see the DE notification on your dryer’s display or if all the lights are on.
- Turn on and off the dryer again.
tE, tE2, or tE4
Check if your lint trap or condenser part of your Samsung dryer is clogged. Then, follow these steps to clean it:
- Open the lint trap and remove any other large dust particles.
- Clean the lint trap area with a clean piece of cloth and carefully rinse the dust sensor.
- Fix the lint trap back in place.
- You can clean the condenser part with a vacuum brush.
This Error code shows there is a problem with the temperature sensor of the compressor. Switch off the dryer for about five minutes and restart the cycle.
dE or dF
Check the door when you see Samsung error dE or dF. There may be laundry caught in the door, which prevents it from closing properly. Load your dryer with care, close the door, and start the cycle again.
dE or dF
When you see error code dE or dF, it implies there must have been laundry caught in the door, which prevents the door from closing properly. Carefully load your dryer, close the door gently, and start the cycle again.
Maybe the dryer isn’t powered on, or the socket is faulty and doesn’t supply power. Check whether another electronics work on this socket test to find out if there is electricity, If the other electronic don’t work, then you can be sure that electricity is the problem and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the dryer.
This error code 5E implies that you need to check the water reservoir of your Samsung dryer if it is full. If full, empty the water reservoir after you must have switched off your dryer, switch the dryer on, and restart the dryer cycle again.
In case you still have not found a solution to your Samsung dryer reset, and your dryer is still displaying an error, a Professional should check it. It’s possible one of the parts may be damaged. Is your Samsung dryer covered by warranty? Please contact their Customer Service. Or is the dryer out of warranty? Then, contact Samsung to solve the issue.