A router works as the physical hub of your internet. It can be frustrating when you discover that your internet is not working as fast as it should, or it’s not working at all. Peradventure, it’s even causing issues for other users who are trying to connect to your network. A router reset might need to be done at this stage to restore the functionality. To achieve this, follow the exact steps listed below to reset Xfinity router.
The Xfinity router is a versatile device that offers internet and voice connectivity, network security, whole-home coverage, control, and speed for the best-connected experience. Some of the unique features of the Xfinity router are a secured wireless home network that comes with Xfi advanced security and access to the secondary Xfinity Hotspot network for added convenience and reliability.
There are several reasons why your Xfinity router won’t connect to the internet. In case you are having issues connecting to your WiFi network, you might need to reset your Xfinity Gateway. You won’t lose your network settings, it takes only about 10 minutes.
This article will show you how to reset Xfinity router, why you need to reset your Xfinity router, what happens during a reset of your router, how to restart Xfinity router, and a whole lot more, ensure you scroll down to the end to get the maximum explanation on how to reset Xfinity router.
Why do Routers need to be Reset?
Rebooting a router can fix specific Internet connectivity issues like no Internet connectivity, slow wireless connections, and so on. Rebooting should be one of the first troubleshooting steps you try.
Rebooting is also a good security practice that needs to be carried out once in a while. There are several reasons why your Xfinity gateway needs to be reset, some of them include:
- Once you receive error messages when trying to connect to your Xfinity Wi-Fi network that says things like ‘Can’t join existing connection’ or ‘Can’t establish new connection’.
- When your Xfinity Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping out.
- When you get a message on the status page saying that the device has been activated and/or deactivated, it does not still work properly.
- The router may be malfunctioning (some routers have issues once you don’t update their firmware which prevents them from functioning correctly.
- When there is no internet signal even after resetting the modem (this usually occurs when there is interference between the signal being broadcast from the Xfinity Modem and other nearby devices broadcasting in the area).
- Modems need to be set up accurately so that the internet can function properly.
- If you are getting errors on your Xfinity Wi-Fi network (this could mean that your router needs a reset or a software upgrade).
You can avoid these errors by either upgrading your software or changing the channel that your router is currently using most times.
What Happens if I Reset my Router?
You must be aware of the aftermath of resetting your Xfinity router. The following will occur once you reset your router:
- Resetting will wipe any configurations you already saved.
- It will restore your router to its factory default settings.
- This means you will have to set up your password, network name (SSID), and more all over again like you just configured a new device.
Why is my Xfinity Router not Connecting to the Internet?
You need to know why your Xfinity router is not connecting to the internet and what can be done to also initiate an internet connection between your Xfinity router and your service provider. Follow the steps below:
- Disconnect your router, wait for about 60 seconds, and then connect it back in (Basically known as power cycling or rebooting).
- Ensure your account is updated on payments by navigating to the Billing tab in My Account (you may be asked to log in using your Xfinity ID and password first).
Why does my Internet say Connected but no Internet?
If your WiFi is connected but there’s no Internet, then you can follow the steps below to solve the issue:
- Begin with the router.
- If the Internet works optimally on other devices, the issue is from your device and its WiFi adapter.
- However, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices, then the issue is most likely associated with the router or the Internet connection itself
How do I get my Xfinity Wi-Fi to work?
Are you tired of the Xfinity Wi-Fi not working issue? Then you might have to troubleshoot the internet via My Account, follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Navigate to the Internet Service tab in My Account (you may be prompted to log in using your Xfinity ID and password).
- Scroll down to Devices.
- Search for the modem and choose Restart Modem.
- Click on Start Troubleshooting to start your modem restart.
- This usually takes up to seven minutes.
- Your Xfinity Wi-Fi should be working now!
Why is my Xfinity Router Blinking White?
The Xfinity router blinks different light color that depicts different meanings. If you notice a white light blinking from your Xfinity router, it means that the connection between your Xfinity router and the internet is unstable and it’s getting interrupted.
Recommended: How to fix Router Blinking White?
Why is my Xfinity Router Blinking Orange?
Your Xfinity router is blinking orange light because it’s probably connecting to the Xfinity network. You may encounter some issues when connecting to the internet because a firmware upgrade might be ongoing.
The blinking orange light could also be a result of a service outage, faulty router/modem, or a defective splitter.
Recommended: How to Fix Xfinity Router Blinking Orange
Why is my Xfinity Router Blinking Green?
The blinking green light on the Xfinity modem indicates that all is not well with your internet connection. The green light blinking ensures that you are not connected to the internet, wired or wireless, even while using an Xfinity gateway device.
Recommended: How to Fix Router Blinking Green Light
What does Blue Blinking Light mean on Xfinity Modem?
The blinking blue light on your Xfinity modem indicates that WPS pairing mode has been enabled. It means that the router is searching to establish a secured connection with a wireless device.
Gradually, it automatically changes to steady white light, indicating a protected link between the gateway and a different device.
Recommended: How to Fix Xfinity Blinking Blue Light
Will Resetting my Xfinity Router mess up my Internet?
In case you need to reset Xfinity router and you want to be sure your internet won’t be messed up, check out the below.
Resetting your router is one of the first fixes you should try once your internet goes down.
Restarting your Xfinity router will reset your connection settings, interrupt hostile attacks on your network, and also boot off unwanted devices from your network.
Where is the Reset Button on Xfinity Router?
In case you are new to the Xfinity router and you don’t know where the reset button is located, follow the steps below to locate where the reset button on Xfinity router is:
Recommended: Where to find PS4 Power Button
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router.
- Long-press on the reset button using a paper clip or pen.
- Gently depress the reset button and hold it till the lights on the front of the modem turn off.
- Wait for the router to reinitialize.
- You have successfully located the reset button on your Xfinity router.
Xfinity Router Reset
Wondering how you can reset your Xfinity router? Here’s how to rest a Router:
- Ensure your router is connected.
- Search for your router’s reset button (this is usually on the back or at the bottom of your router).
- Make use of a paperclip to hold down the reset button for about half a minute.
- Now, release the button.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow the router to power back on.
That’s it! Very simple, right? You can give it a try and see if it solves the issue you are encountering.
How to Factory Reset Xfinity Router
Once you notice that your Xfinity WiFi network is not operating smoothly as it use to, you may need to reset your network back to its factory settings. To factory reset Xfinity router, follow these steps below:
- Find the reset button on the router.
- Once you have located this button, long-press it for about 30 seconds without releasing it.
- After 30 seconds, you will notice that the LED lights will turn off, this indicates a complete factory reset.
Your Xfinity Router should be back as new!
How to Reset Xfinity Router Manually
In case you want to manually reset Xfinity router, follow the steps below:
- Look for the “Reset” button located either at the front or back of the router.
- Long-press the button for at least five seconds.
- After releasing the button, your router will be reset and it will restart.
That’s it! You have successfully reset Xfinity router manually.
How to Reset Xfinity Router Password
A username and password are usually needed on most security devices and services to access the services that are offered. The Xfinity router is not exempted too.
When setting up and personalizing your Xfinity WiFi, you will need to create a username and will also be prompted to create a password you can always remember.
In case you can’t remember this password or you are having issues signing in with the password you know is correct, then you might need to reset Xfinity router password.
To reset Xfinity WiFi password on your mobile device or computer, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to xfinity.com/password.
- Enter your Xfinity username and click Continue.
- Follow any security promptings and complete the security check by typing the moving letters in the box.
- Choose the reason why you want to change your password, then create and save a new password you can easily remember.
- Choose the method you want to use to recover your password and click Continue.
- Create and confirm your new password.
That’s it! You have successfully reset your Xfinity router password.
Xfinity Router Login
To login to your Xfinity router, follow the steps below:
- Ensure you are connected to your Xfinity network (Which can be a wired or WiFi connection).
- Open a browser of choice and navigate to 10.0.0.1.
- Input your Username: admin and Password: password and click login
- You will be directed to the Xfinity Router Admin Tool.
- You can change your password.
That’s it! You have successfully logged in to your Xfinity router.
Recommended: How to Reset Xfinity Login
The Xfinity wireless internet does not only keep your connection reliable but also keeps your connection safe.
Although there are times when services provided by Xfinity need to be reset because of a temporary slow speed or other minor issues that may cause your connection to be less than what you expect it to be.
Restart Xfinity Router
Is your Xfinity wireless network running slowly or needs a reboot to start functioning again? If yes, then you may be wondering if the device needs a restart or a reboot.
To restart or reboot your Xfinity router, follow the step below:
- Locate the ‘Restart’ button on the router itself.
- To restart the router rather than restore it to its factory settings, press the restart button for about five seconds.
- After the 5 seconds have passed, release the button and the router would have restarted.
- That’s it!
How do I reboot my modem and router?
To reboot your Xfinity modem and router, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the modem and router from the power source.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Connect the modem back into the power source first.
- Wait for another 1 or 2 minutes, then it’s time to turn on the router.
- Wait till all panel lights on your cable modem turn green before testing your internet connection.
That’s it! You have successfully rebooted your modem and router.
How to Reset Xfinity WiFi Remotely
In case you are working in an area that is too big or the router is placed in a simply unreachable position, you may be looking for a way to reset the WiFi remotely. Sounds impossible, right? Well, for a first-timer, it’s allowed.
There is a way you can reset your Xfinity WiFi without manually pressing the restart button on the router itself. To see how to do this, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account online by navigating to xfinity.com/myaccount.
- From there select ‘Manage Internet >> Restart Modem >> Start Troubleshooting >> then give your router some time to restart and reboot before getting back on the network.
Simple! You have successfully reset Xfinity WiFi remotely.
Xfinity Router not working after reset
In case you discovered your Xfinity Router won’t still work even after resetting it, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect your router and wait for 60 seconds.
- Connect it back in (This is known as power cycling or rebooting).
- Ensure your account is updated on the payments by going to the Billing tab in My Account.
- You may be prompted to log in using your Xfinity ID and password first, just follow the instructions.
Xfinity Gateway Login not Working
Do you want to upgrade your wireless internet experience? Well, Xfinity provides the Gateway which allows users to not only have a wireless internet connection but also enjoy the ability to work with voice control and high-speed connections, using just one device.
In case you have decided to give it a trial but you realized that it needs a reboot and you are wondering how to reset it, follow the steps below to effectively reset your Xfinity WiFi Gateway:
- Log in to your account at xfinty.com/myaccount.
- Once you are logged in, navigate down and choose the option to ‘Manage Internet’.
- From there you will tap on the option to ‘Restart Modem’.
- Now, select ‘Start Troubleshooting’ for the reset to begin.
- That’s it! You have successfully fixed the issue of Xfinity gateway login not working.
Well, I want to believe this post has helped you reset Xfinity Router without any hassle. Feel free to drop your comments in the section below to know how you were able to reset your Xfinity router. Thanks for reading thus far.