Are you new to TikTok? Then I am sure cropping and resizing the video could be a technical task for you but do not worry! This article is for you especially if you are just a beginner learning how to crop and resize TikTok videos particularly when it has to do with the length or how they are adjusted within the app. However, resizing Tiktok videos will make everything you create look so much better in the long run.
TikTok is configured to be viewed on a smartphone, therefore a vertical 9:16 aspect ratio is optimal, with 1080p x 1920p best video resolution. While the 1:1 aspect ratio is also available for TikTok ad video, however, the video will not occupy the whole screen. Tiktok maximum file size is 287.6 MB. For adverts, the maximum is 500 MB.
TikTok is a mobile social media application, that is very strict with its video dimension and aspect ratio. Therefore, in case your video is captured by other devices instead of the Tiktok built-in recorder, you will need to resize TikTok videos before uploading them to TikTok.
To resize TikTok videos, you need to upload a selected video from your device. The video selected must be a video up to 1 hour long. Choose TikTok from the drop-down resize menu. Drag and scale the TikTok video to keep your subjects in the frame. Now, instantly download your resized video clip. That’s it!
Peradventure you have no idea how to adjust video dimensions and aspect ratio for TikTok, this post will guide you on how to go about it, with three easy ways to resize TikTok videos without watermark. Read on!
General Method to Resize TikTok Videos
The steps below will show you how to resize a video for TikTok that was recorded somewhere else on your phone and not within the app itself. This is also an incredibly simple process. To resize a video for TikTok follow the steps below:
- Import the video clips you want to TikTok by tapping the plus symbol at the bottom of the screen to create a new video.
- Click the “Upload” icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- After selecting the video you want, click on “Next” and then you will be taken to a screen where you can resize TikTok videos.
- Now, you can add any sounds, voiceovers, or effects that you desire.
- You are all set and ready!
How to Use Kapwing to Resize TikTok Videos
Using Kapwing is one of the three easy ways to resize TikTok videos without a watermark.
Kapwing is an online tool used to resize video files free for TikTok. It can be used to resize a landscape video to a vertical video or fill your video into a vertical one by adding padding to it.
The usual dimension options are all covered, be it 1:1, 9:16, 16:9, 5:4, or 4:5. It also allows you to add padding to the video from 4 sides, top, bottom, left, and right. You can easily select the background color to use for the padding.
The unwanted video margin can be also removed with the “Remove Padding” feature. Kapwing has a lot more exciting features. Follow the steps below to resize TikTok Videos:
- Go to the Kapwing site and tap the “Upload File” button to load your video footage. (Wait for a few minutes to complete the video upload). The uploading speed is related to your video size and how fast the network you are connected to is.
- Click on “Crop” under Edit catalog. Now you can freely adjust the box on the video to resize video dimensions. Or select from the preset options below, including the best aspect ratio for TikTok 1:1, 9:16, and others for YouTube, FB, Twitter, LinkedIn mobile, Instagram, etc.
- Click “Done Cropping” when you are done.
- You can also tap the “Adjust” feature under Edit to adjust the video playback speed, volume, zoom, corners (right angle to camber), and rotate video.
- The Trim feature is available right under the “Timing” section, where you can freely begin and end time to shorten the length for TikTok and also to reduce the file size.
- Primary editing features are included, like text, animate, effects.
- Tap the “Video” option at the left side of the window, which enables you to search a bunch of free stock videos from Pexels and Pixabay to add to your Kapwing project.
- Finally, preview the final image size, and when it’s up to the mark, export and download your image to save it to your device.
- To remove the watermark from your video image, sign in with your Google or Facebook account to create an account. Thereafter, upload your end-result video footage to TikTok for sharing.
- That’s it!
How to Use Veed.io to Resize TikTok Videos
Veed.io is another online free video editor, which helps in editing and resizing videos to fit TikTok. It gives you access to upload video files from a device, computer, phone, recorder, or dropbox with most video formats and codecs supported.
It has almost everything you need for TikTok video editing. You can adjust any video dimensions for TikTok, the best is the 9:16 aspect ratio, add text/music to video, select from a collection of video effects to remove your footage, and enable the Trim feature to further compress video size for TikTok requirement. Follow the detailed steps below to resize TikTok videos:
- Upload a video to TikTok.
- Crop and resize your TikTok video. Click “Size” under the Project Settings panel at the left hand of the interface. Scroll down to the options and locate “TikTok 9:16”. Tick it and the preview window will automatically become a 9:16 image.
- You can also move the slide bar to manually set video start and end times to adjust the duration if necessary. The split feature is also accessible.
- Color correction is available in this free video resizer, like exposure, brightness, contrast, saturation. The Rotation feature is next to color correction.
- You can add subtitles, text, filters, special effects to customize the video for TikTok if needed. Certainly, the effects are not well enough eye-catching as those in TikTok itself. You can add these features to your video if you don’t demand too many video effects.
- Finally, Tap “Export” to export your video file. Note that you will be asked to upgrade to the PRO plan if you want to remove the watermark. The PRO plan costs $288 annually or $38 monthly. The Pro plan gives you more freedom in video editing like your video length can be extended to 2 hours, 100GB of storage, auto-generated subtitles, etc. You can select directly exported videos if you don’t want to spend such an amount of money and you don’t mind the watermark.
How to Use WinX to Resize TikTok Videos
Kapwing allows you to resize video for TikTok without watermark (you don’t need to upgrade to the price version).
Although, it doesn’t include a feature that allows you to adjust video resolution to TikTok best 1080×1920. This also applies to veed.io, let alone the veed.io output file with a watermark for the free plan.
However, if you need to crop video dimensions and tweak video resolution, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is your best way to go! Follow the steps below to use WinX to resize TikTok videos:
- Resize any video to 9:16, 1:1, 16:9, 4:3, 3:4, etc. with preset parameters, or manually crop video size with your specification.
- Downscale video to TikTok best resolution, like 4K to 1080×1920, 2K to 1080×1920 to fit in to the TikTok requirement.
- Convert videos to TikTok best video formats MP4, MOV, AVI, as well as MKV, FLV, WMV, WebM, 3GP, YouTube, FB, etc.
- Edit videos essentially, like trimming the video length, adding subtitles to video, merging video clips, etc.
Below are the easy steps on how to adjust video dimensions and resolution for TikTok:
- Download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on your computer and set it up.
- Click the “Add Video” button to import the video footage.
- Select an output format from the automatically popped up profile window. There are more than 420 preset profiles available here.
- MP4 is most recommended for its wide compatibility. Go to General Profiles >> MP4 Video (h264+aac), and click the OK button.
- Click the Edit button. There are two options for you: Crop and Trim. A part of the video is displayed with a black top, bottom, or sidebars. All you need do is select the Crop & Expand tab and tick Enable crop. Drag the crop letterbox or set position/size manually to delete irrelevant images.
- Click on the “Settings” button to adjust video resolution, frame rate, bit rate, aspect ratio according to your needs. And then tap “OK”.
- Click on the “RUN” button to begin resizing (4K/2K) video at GPU hardware accelerated speed. High-Quality Engine will be auto-enabled to guarantee you the highest possible output quality, up to 98% quality kept. When the process is completed, you can upload the resulting video file to TikTok without watermark, aspect ratio, or resolution incompatibility issue.
That’s it! I hope this article has done so much justice on how to resize TikTok videos. Now, you should be able to crop and resize as many different videos as you want, all of which will help you on your journey to creating incredible content for the masses, especially if you are a business owner.
Let’s know if this article was helpful in the comment section below.